Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race-- Season Finale-- "This is how you lose a Million Dollars"-- 5/10/09

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race-- Season Finale-- "This is how you lose a Million Dollars"-- 5/10/09

Old 05-10-09, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts

Amazing Race 14

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

When Karma attacks - The final three pairs fly from China to Hawaii and race to the finish line in Maui. One team's rage against taxi drivers around the world comes back to haunt them. Two teams put their friendship first when they set aside the race and help each other finish a task. One racer's constant nagging while searching for a clue causes their partner to lose their cool and in an unprecedented finale, the final three teams find themselves racing neck-and-neck in their last task on the road to the million dollar prize.

Looking forward to tonight. I hope Tammy and Victor pull it out. I would have been pulling for Jaime and Cara, but Jaime's shitty attitude the last few legs did it for me.
Old 05-10-09, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race-- Season Finale-- "This is how you lose a Million Dollars"-- 5/1

I'm rooting for Tammy/Victor. Like DJariya, I would have been rooting for the cheerleaders but Jamie is too much of a shrew. Cara seems nice, though. Too bad Margie and Cara are not on a team together. I would love to see Luke and Jamie on the same team.
Old 05-10-09, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race-- Season Finale-- "This is how you lose a Million Dollars"-- 5/1

I'll be rooting for Jaime and Cara. Though Victor and Tammy are most deserving.
Old 05-10-09, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go team firecrotch!

Though I won't be disappointed if Tammy and Victor win, either.
Old 05-10-09, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tammy looks 50 times hotter in a bikini than either of team firecrotch.
Old 05-10-09, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

I guess I'm voting for Tammy and Victor, even though I didn't like them at the beginning. Otherwise, I hope Margie and Cara win together through some kind of new "Lane Change" twist. :P

(Actually, that would be kind of a cool twist to make teams switch-up partners for a leg or two...)
Old 05-10-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jamie forgot Jesus!
Old 05-10-09, 07:53 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts

I just wish Margie would have gone off on Luke like he would have gone off on her if she had done the roadblock.
Old 05-10-09, 07:57 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts

I wonder if Tammy and Victor had a big lead because they couldn't even make it a dramatic race to the finish after the they completed the roadblock.
Old 05-10-09, 08:03 PM

Jaime has a tramp-stamp.

And yes, Tammy is hot for a self-proclaimed geek. Her and Victor were the strongest team throughout, so this was no big surprise.
Old 05-10-09, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think the girl that was telling Luke "no" needs her own show, she was very cute.

Kudos to the bikini-pig challenge designer.
Old 05-10-09, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Glad Margie and Luke didnt win, Cara and Jamie looked great in their bikinis, kind of a blah episode though for the finale
Old 05-10-09, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by astrochimp
Jamie forgot Jesus!

How sweet -- the remaining former allies helping each other on the RB. Granted it wasn't a physical roadblock, but maybe Luke should have just handed the last challenge to his mom...

Thought this was going to be a walk on the beach for the sinister deaf kid, so this was unexpected...a nice come from behind win for Tammy/Victor!!! Congrats!
Old 05-10-09, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Patman
I think the girl that was telling Luke "no" needs her own show, she was very cute.
I thought that was Leelee Sobieski at first.
Old 05-10-09, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Very pleased that Victor and Tammy won the race, though I have to say I'm disappointed they didn't air any comments from Victor about Tammy (you know it had to be a question asked of him so it was probably an editing decision).

After the early going they didn't ever seem to lose their head about things so they deserved it. It does show you how one bad leg can sink a good team though. On any normal early leg their hike into the woods would have gotten them eliminated. Thankfully for them one team screwed up far, far worse.

Jaime may be a bit of a bitch at times, but from what we saw I don't think they get that pig down the beach without her being who she is. Plus, she seemed to do better on the road block than I ever thought possible. Kudos to Jaime.

It's hard not to have a lot of respect for Margie. She carried that team basically through every leg. And her strength was the reason they were in a position to win. Unfortunately, no matter how good a memory Luke has the road block had a predictable finish, with his lack of patience sinking them. I can't say that I'm not glad that it did either. Can you imagine how insufferable it would have been if Luke won?
Old 05-10-09, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I admit to laughing when Marge told Luke to stop yelling at her during their seadoo ride.
Old 05-10-09, 09:24 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
I wonder if Tammy and Victor had a big lead because they couldn't even make it a dramatic race to the finish after the they completed the roadblock.
I figure that the other teams had already received word that Tammy and Victor had won at the point where they started helping each other with the surfboards.
Old 05-10-09, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That seemed like a really really short final leg. It seemed kind of ironic that Luke studied so much to review where they went for all of the race but he forgot the last two legs.
Old 05-10-09, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It would have been funny if Phil didn't check in Jaime and Cara and Luke and Margie and penailize them for helping each other in the roadblock.

Glad Victor and tammy won. Tammy was hot in the bikini.

Without Margie, that team wouldn't have lasted this long. Once Luke screw up, I knew he would give up. Same for Jaime.
Old 05-10-09, 09:43 PM

Short indeed. I liked it better when they had the two hour season finale. I also wish they had some sort of reunion show to get some more insights about the race from the teams, like the times everyone arrived at the final roadblock, the time they left and how much did that taxi screw up cost Jamie and Cara?

Last edited by monkyskunk; 05-10-09 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-10-09, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tofu
That seemed like a really really short final leg. It seemed kind of ironic that Luke studied so much to review where they went for all of the race but he forgot the last two legs.
Yeah, Luke's impatience sunk him. I think he studied each leg each night, but the final two legs he had the least amount of time to study over-and-over again.

Clearly, Victor and Tammy were most deserving. A good finish.

For anyone who needs more Amazing Race, search for The Amazing Race Asia. The first season is edited pretty bad, but seasons 2 and 3 are as good as the American version. You might see them in the usual places you can grab TV shows...
Old 05-10-09, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Yeah, Luke's impatience sunk him. I think he studied each leg each night, but the final two legs he had the least amount of time to study over-and-over again.
I actually think that he got a little cocky (as he sometimes seems to do since he's seems pretty immature) and thought that he wouldn't need to review since it was the latest legs.
Old 05-10-09, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by monkyskunk
Short indeed. I liked it better when they had the two hour season finale.
When exactly?
Old 05-10-09, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

well, my team from episode one didn't win, but props to Tammy and Victor! Excellent job.

and of course I told my cousin (both of us are chinese, but he is a lawyer) and he looked them up. He likes being nosy when it comes to fellow lawyers:

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/....aspx?x=250459
http://www.quinnemanuel.com/attorneys/jih-tamara.aspx

http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/....aspx?x=186515
http://www.omm.com/victorjih/

of course this info was available all season, but it's fun to look after the fact...haha
Old 05-10-09, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wasn't a fan of V&T all season... he is the most obnoxious person on the planet.. but then I realized that out of the last 3-4 teams, they were the only ones who didn't degrade, make fun of or say racist things about anyone.
So ... for that.. I'm glad they won.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.