Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- Day 7 -- "1:00am to 2:00am" -- 04/13/09

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Re: Twenty Four (24) -- Day 7 -- "1:00am to 2:00am" -- 04/13/09

HOLY SHIT!! Didn't see that coming at all! And I was starting to like Moss.
Old 04-14-09, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I'm not feeling this latest plot twist. It was unpredictable only because it makes no sense. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how they explain this one - I doubt it'll be redeemable though. Too bad - up until this plot twist, it was a pretty solid season.
Old 04-14-09, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right when Moss started to take the turn for me, he's snuffed. Didn't see it coming right away, but I figured it once they took the handcuffs off.

= J
Old 04-14-09, 12:13 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Tony's evil turn just makes no sense, and I find it more than a bit insulting to me as an audience member. If Tony is evil then why get Bill and Chloe involved to begin with? Why go out of his way to stop the Dubaku thing? Why kill the guy who was like his brother? Why not kill Jack? Tony's not stupid; Jack would be a huge threat to him.

No one could have predicted the way the events of the day played out. So to do it this way just on the off chance at the end of the day he could get a bio-weopon for some nefarious purpose was just plain stupid to me.
I have to agree with this. Even if Tony is working for some separate third evil organization that has nothing to do with either Dubaku or Starkwood, the chain of events was far too elaborate for Tony's turn to make any sense. It's the worst kind of a "twist for twist's sake".

The only way I could see them making any sense out of this is if
Spoiler:
Tony had previous dealings with Tracy Morgan Guy, and Tracy Morgan Guy somehow didn't know Tony had flipped sides today. In that case, Tony may have realized the guy was just going to kill them both anyway if he tried to fight back, and decided to sacrifice Moss to show the guy he was on his side, possibly hoping the guy will lead him to the important bad guys.
It still doesn't really make sense, but it's more logical than what they're presenting on the surface.
Old 04-14-09, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 348 Likes on 267 Posts

holy crap!

I was iffy on the "Tony might be still bad theory" floating around for a while now, merely thinking that he would do everything he could not to go to jail. But I did NOT think he was still part of the conspiracy. I was out of breath at the end!

Kim is back . I LOVE CLASSIC 24. LOVE IT. Any mention of Palmer, Teri Bauer, Kim Bauer, Michelle Dessler, Chloe, Tony...classic characters in a spectacular franchise.

And my theory from last week about someone dying as a result of Kim's return was correct. Whenever Kim is around Jack, someone dies. And by the hands of someone they trust as well. Truly disappointing (but great job by the writers). Farewell Larry.

Hodges having the audacity to make demands like that in the oval office. I understand that he had blackmail power, but damn, asking a ton there dude.

Anyone from Tennessee? Cherry Jones (President Taylor) will be hosting a charity auction that includes 24 memorabilia on April 18 in Paris, Tenn.

http://twentyfouronline.com/featured...-auction-more/

Autographed Items / Props: http://www.jamarlearning.com/24/index.html

Last edited by MLBFan24; 04-14-09 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-14-09, 01:11 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by hahn
Yeah, I'm not feeling this latest plot twist. It was unpredictable only because it makes no sense.
My thought exactly. This was a twist because we need something to fill up the rest of the season twist.
Old 04-14-09, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I love how some people are debating the merit of a once dead man turning bad
Old 04-14-09, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I thought it was a great episode despite the crazy twist, which totally caught me off guard. But, yeah I have to agree with some of the comments that now his motives don't really make sense and I'm wondering why he even bothered helping Bill and Chloe with the Black Ops CTU Unit in the 1st place. It is great TV though. I think they are definitely setting up a Jack vs Tony showdown in the final episodes.

I loved seeing Jack and Kim reunite. I thought it was a very emotional scene and Kiefer was top notch.

RIP Larry Moss. It's only gonna bring Jack and Renee closer now. Personally, I think it would be really cool if Renee was the one that put the bullet in Tony's head now since he murdered her "presumed" boyfriend/boss.

BTW, Jon Voight was awesome as usual.

Going back to Tony. To me it just seemed like he was way too calm and cool the last several episodes. I started to feel suspicious when Larry brought him in the chopper to pursue the Starwood operative and then removed his cuffs. Plus the fact that he had several disappearing acts this season makes me wonder what his intentions are now.

I still think this has been a solid season. Jack has been the focal point of pretty much every episode and there have been very few filler episodes.

Wasn't Sprague Grayden credited in this episode? I don't recall seeing her.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-14-09 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-14-09, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
While it has made for some intense television, I can't argue with this post. Unless this is some entry point to a larger 'good guy' turn in the final moments', having Tony turn this late in the game makes zero sense. Maybe earlier in the season, but there are too many question marks as mwbmis pointed out. This just opens too many plot holes.
I think if you really think about it, Tony was playing everyone all along including Bill and Chloe. I don't think he is involved with this Starkwood/Juma conspiracy, but in fact has essentially become an independent mercenary as someone here mentioned and used all these resources to his advantage including using one of his former associates who was loyal to him as an undercover operative for Starkwood. He did say that he's done alot of bad things and will probably now use this bio-weapon as blackmail/leverage to still get back at the government for Michelle's death and being fucked over. Basically Tony is an opportunist and working with Black Ops CTU, helping Jack have worked to his advantage for whatever plot he's planning. I trust the writers will give a fairly logical explanation to his motives, especially when Jack finds out and confronts him.

Plus as I mentioned he's had several disappearing acts where he could have been using that time to plan his own action. Also, doesn't anyone get the sense that Tony is just dead inside? Even when he's been working with Jack, it just seems like he doesn't give a fuck about anything. To me, the man has an even worse death wish than Jack.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-14-09 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-14-09, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

This twist with Tony smacks of "oops, we still have 5 hours to fill" logic. They shot their wad early, much like in Season 2, where the show ran out of steam after the the bomb went off.

Hopefully we get a logical resolution, but right before the turn, I was saying to myself "Oh c'mon, lets not turn Tony again" as I could see it coming and didn't like what I was seeing. I get that 24 is basically abvout showing why Jack can't trust anyone or get close to anyone, but really, do they all have to die or turn on him?

Kim and Chloe, that's it. Maybe you could include Audrey and Kate in the mix, as they survived, but he ran off Kate, and got Audrey captured by the Chinese and turned into a shell of her former self. I don't think Jack needs to have a happy ending, but at least give him something to live for.
Old 04-14-09, 06:13 AM

Solid episode.

1- Good tense moment between Agent Walker & Jack before she tells him about Kim's attempts to contact Jack.
2- Writers didn't muck up the Jack-Kim reunion.
4- Resolving the attack on Starkwood quickly and putting an end to the President blocking the attack based on missile threats.
3- Killing that douchebag Moss

I've been telling the misses that Tony was bad all along. He didn't seem to care about anything. I can't wait for their explaination. The way this season has gone, I'm sure it won't be just a bad plot hole, he'll have reasons.

Originally Posted by DJariya
I think if you really think about it, Tony was playing everyone all along including Bill and Chloe. I don't think he is involved with this Starkwood/Juma conspiracy, but in fact has essentially become an independent mercenary as someone here mentioned and used all these resources to his advantage including using one of his former associates who was loyal to him as an undercover operative for Starkwood. He did say that he's done alot of bad things and will probably now use this bio-weapon as blackmail/leverage to still get back at the government for Michelle's death and being fucked over. Basically Tony is an opportunist and working with Black Ops CTU, helping Jack have worked to his advantage for whatever plot he's planning. I trust the writers will give a fairly logical explanation to his motives, especially when Jack finds out and confronts him.

Plus as I mentioned he's had several disappearing acts where he could have been using that time to plan his own action. Also, doesn't anyone get the sense that Tony is just dead inside? Even when he's been working with Jack, it just seems like he doesn't give a fuck about anything. To me, the man has an even worse death wish than Jack.

Could not have put it any better. I feel that Tony is just dead inside. As you wrote, I think that the one thing that motivates him is avenging Michelle's death. His long absences were very suspicious throughout the season, and his involvement with Chloe & Bill seemed way too convenient when he sensed that his "mentor" was gonna do things he couldn't go with.

At this point I don't know if I want Jack to kill him this season or not. I'd rather have Jack kill off everyone working for Tony and have Tony escape, only to return at some point next season as a surprise.

Last edited by Luds; 04-14-09 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-14-09, 06:55 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Unreal episode ! i love the plot twist

Yes with all of these face/heel turns you can analyze the plot holes, same for every other season, but best to just enjoy the ride

I hate seeing a sick inactive Jack, that sucks. He can't go out like this. We need to see more of Jack taking names and kicking butt !

The Kim scene was not bad at all, a bit drippy but bearable
Old 04-14-09, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya

Plus, Tony was the one who supplied Jack with the information that something else was going to happen after Dubaku was captured and the whole Juma taking over the White House. He claimed he had contacts that supplied him with this solid intel and Jack believed him even though everyone in Emerson's crew was dead. Tony must be working with a rouge faction so he probably isn't connected with Starkwood/Juma part.
Old 04-14-09, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by CharlieK
I don't think Tony is in with Starkwood. I think he and Tracy Morgan are moles for a different organization, and want the bioweapon for themselves.

Here's to a Jack / Tony face off!
Good theory.
Old 04-14-09, 08:05 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I hope Tony really isn't a bad guy, or gets killed by Jack. The one thing this season has proved is that '24', while certinaly Jack Bauer's show, is much, much, better with Tony in it. He was sorely missed last season. Batman needs his Robin... Lone Ranger needs his Tonto... at least if you are going to make Tony truly evil, or kill him off AGAIN, save it for the '24' movie.

I just don't buy that he'll be killed... bringing a character back from the dead, just to kill them off again at the end of one season? Nahh.. unless Carlos Bernard really wanted a short stint, I don't see this happening. Didn't he realize that his career, and wallet, are better off alive and well in the '24' universe?
Old 04-14-09, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've felt that Tony's been bad this whole season. When they were setting up the prisoner exchange thing in the warehouse earlier in the season, no one checked that guy Tony supposedly killed, and they kept making a big deal about how those two were like brothers. I think Tony's been with this one organization all along and working with Bill was just a ruse.

Or, that moment when Jack was in the conference room talking to the president where he just spaced out? From that moment on the rest of the season is part of Jack's dementia... Tony going bad, Kim showing up, all of it is in Jack's head. The show had reached a logical conclusion at that point. Voight is under arrest, the weapon destroyed... everything after that can be one big delusion.

I'd dig that.
Old 04-14-09, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Best part about this episode was Rajskub's PSA at the end. I watched that shit like 15 times. ACTING

It will never be deleted from my TiVo.

Also, quick question. I started watching 24 this season and have been watching season 6 on DVD (tried season 1 but my god BORING I don't watch this show for quiet character moments) and well season 6 is awesome. Why does everyone hate it?
Old 04-14-09, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Season 1 sucks and season 6 is awesome? Sorry buddy, April Fools was a couple weeks ago.
Old 04-14-09, 08:46 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
Best part about this episode was Rajskub's PSA at the end. I watched that shit like 15 times. ACTING

It will never be deleted from my TiVo.

Also, quick question. I started watching 24 this season and have been watching season 6 on DVD (tried season 1 but my god BORING I don't watch this show for quiet character moments) and well season 6 is awesome. Why does everyone hate it?
Bizarro Superman wants his keyboard back.
Old 04-14-09, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I guess Moss/Renee will never get to have that long talk. Bummer.

No idea where they're going with this, but I hope the season doesn't end with Jack killing Tony. I want Tony to stick around regardless--he's been excellent this season.

I really like how they keep moving from one thing to the next, not just one bad guy all sesason, but about 7 crises in a row so far--really keeps things moving at a fast pace.
Old 04-14-09, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21

Or, that moment when Jack was in the conference room talking to the president where he just spaced out? From that moment on the rest of the season is part of Jack's dementia... Tony going bad, Kim showing up, all of it is in Jack's head. The show had reached a logical conclusion at that point. Voight is under arrest, the weapon destroyed... everything after that can be one big delusion.

I'd dig that.

That would be so ballsy, and i'd love it. And while he was out, Kim was called anyway and they do the procedure in the last few hours. Cause honestly how can they do this in time.
Old 04-14-09, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I think I'm coming at my 24 appreciation from a totally different viewpoint than the rest of you
Old 04-14-09, 09:03 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
My thought exactly. This was a twist because we need something to fill up the rest of the season twist.
Same here. Disappointed, but we'll see where it goes I guess.
Old 04-14-09, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

What the hell? I live 10 minutes from Clarksville and one of my jobs is there.
Old 04-14-09, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd21

I'd dig that.
I can dig that and I think that would be awesome. It would be a bit cliched but I'll take it over the 'Tony's evil again' plot line.

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet
I think I'm coming at my 24 appreciation from a totally different viewpoint than the rest of you
I assume you didn't watch them in order, did you? The show started out somewhat realistic with strong character moments and slow builds. Each season got bigger and more out of control until everything came to a head in season 6. It was too over-the-top preposterous to even be a decent "b movie" grade season. Lame from episode 5 on and only got even more ridiculous every subsequent episode(barring one brightspot late in the season).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.