TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Patton 360 - (History Channel)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-09, 12:01 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
Patton 360 - (History Channel)

Saw a TV ad for this the other day. I enjoyed Battle 360 so I will be checking this out

Putting viewers right in the middle of the action with one of the most complicated and aggressive military men of all time, General George S. Patton charges through the gate in...

PATTON 360 Premieres Friday, April 10 at 9pm ET on HISTORY

New York, April, 2009 They called him "Old Blood and Guts." Brash and brutal, feared and fearless, and decidedly not politically correct, General George S. Patton, Jr. was perhaps one of America's most controversial World War II patriots. Now, a new HISTORY series explores this larger-than-life military icon in PATTON 360, an action-packed 10-part series premiering Friday, April 10 at 9pm ET on HISTORY.

PATTON 360 marches in on the heels of the fast-paced hit series BATTLE 360, using cutting-edge animation, archival footage, and interviews with veterans of Patton's Army to immerse viewers into the battles of World War II. Following Patton's battle trail through two continents, we see the war as Patton and his hard-fighting troops did, from the fox holes of North Africa to the battlefields of Normandy to the horrors of Nazi prison camps.

Each episode offers insight into the conflicts Patton faced on the battlefield and off throughout his colorful career. Upcoming episodes of the series include:

Blood & Guts (North Africa, November - December 1942)

Premieres Friday, April 10 at 9pm ET

Patton's forces embark on the road to Germany by invading North Africa. Pro-Nazi French forces put up surprisingly strong resistance on land, at sea, and in the air. After three days of intense fighting, a cease-fire is declared, and Patton triumphantly enters the port city of Casablanca. But bigger battles with the German Army loom on the horizon.

Rommel's Last Stand (North Africa, February May 1943)

Premieres Friday, April 17 at 9pm ET

When the Germans deliver a humiliating defeat to American forces under the command of General Lloyd Fredendall at Kasserine Pass, Eisenhower appoints Patton to take charge. "Old Blood and Guts" whips the poorly-trained troops into shape, leading them to victory at the Battle of El Guettar. With the Axis forces in full retreat, Patton and the Allies push the enemy off the continent and declare victory in North Africa.

Baptism of Blood (Sicily, July 1943)

Premieres Friday, April 24 at 9pm ET

Patton is given command of the Seventh Army as the Allies prepare to invade Sicily. Known as Operation Husky, the combined amphibious and airborne assault is the largest invasion of the war to date. Despite a surprise counter-attack by Italian tanks, Patton and his allies successfully hold the beaches and prepare to push inland.

Rogue General (Sicily, July - September 1943)

Premieres Friday, May 1 at 9pm ET

Frustrated by the slow progress of his British allies, Patton ignores orders to stay by their side and pushes on to capture Palermo. The Seventh Army prepares to assault Messina and liberate the besieged city before the British do. But instead of a hero's welcome at Messina, Patton is relieved of command for slapping two shell-shocked soldiers. His battlefield command days may be over.

American Blitzkrieg (England/France, September 1943 - July 1944)

Premieres Friday, May 8 at 9pm ET

Patton's victories in Sicily are overshadowed by the infamous "slapping incident." Instead of leading the D-Day invasion of France, Patton is assigned to command a fictitious army in England as part of a ruse to fool the Germans. The deception pays off, and the Allies land on the beaches of Normandy. Patton helps plan the break-out from the weeks-long battle, and American armored forces blast through the German lines. Patton is finally able to lead some of the lightning-fast armored assaults he is famous for.

Leading the Charge (France, August 1944)

Premieres Friday, May 15 at 9pm ET

As American forces tear through western France, Patton's superiors order him to stop before completely trapping an entire German Army. The Third Army reaches the outskirts of Paris, but Patton is denied the glory of liberating the city when the Free French Army is chosen instead to enter the city first. Patton's men engage in street fighting in the city of Troyes and, by the end of the summer, advance to within 60 miles of the German border.

PATTON 360 is produced for HISTORY by Flight 33 Productions. Executive producer for HISTORY is Carl H. Lindahl.

HISTORY and HISTORY HD are the leading destinations for revealing, award-winning original non-fiction series and event-driven specials that connect history with viewers in an informative, immersive and entertaining manner across multiple platforms. Programming covers a diverse variety of historical genres ranging from military history to contemporary history, technology to natural history, as well as science, archaeology and pop culture. Among the network's program offerings are hit series such as Ax Men, Battle 360, The Universe, Cities of The Underworld and Ice Road Truckers, as well as acclaimed specials including 102 Minutes That Changed America, King, Life After People, 1968 with Tom Brokaw, Nostradamus: 2012 and Star Wars: The Legacy Revealed. HISTORY has earned four Peabody Awards, four Primetime Emmy Awards, 12 News & Documentary Emmy Awards and received the prestigious Governor's Award from the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences for the network's Save Our History campaign dedicated to historic preservation and history education. Take a Veteran to School Day is the network's latest initiative connecting America's schools and communities with veterans from all wars. The HISTORY web site, located at www.history.com, is the definitive historical online source that delivers entertaining and informative content featuring broadband video, interactive timelines, maps, games, podcasts and more.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EPxy-Q04A-M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EPxy-Q04A-M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 04-07-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Patton 360 - (History Channel)

The Enterprise 360 was excellent. Probably the best damn history show ever as it was SO in depth. Im REALLY looking forward to this. Especially when they cover Patton pulling his gun and threatening uninjured soldiers.
Old 04-07-09, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hope they include his battles around Metz and his raid to rescue his son-in-law. He was a great traffic cop but a standard general when he did not have all the advantages.
Old 04-10-09, 03:04 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Reminder this premieres tonight on History
Old 04-10-09, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Seems pretty cool, I'll be checking this out.
Old 04-10-09, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up on this, I set the DVR to check it out.
Old 04-10-09, 11:23 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

My only nitpick is I don't like the switch in narrators. Maybe it's because I'm used to this guy from The Universe, but I thought the guy that did Battle 360 has a much better voice for this type of show.
Old 04-12-09, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good stuff! The History Channel is rapidly replacing the major networks for my viewership.
Old 04-23-09, 08:52 PM

I cant believe I forgot to mention this but I was reminded by my dad when I told him about the show.

Patton was a hero to my uncles father because he had been captured at the Sigfried line and became a POW. He had bad vision due to a German rifle butt to the face. He was saved by Patton and even talked to him. I never got full details though as I didnt really speak to my uncles dad as he had alzheimers by the time I met him. He than died 9/11/01
Old 04-28-09, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loved the Enterprise 360 and this one has been pretty damn good too. They don't call these guys the Greatest Generation for nothing.
Old 05-20-09, 09:07 PM

Am I the only one still watching?

I ask because this show is GONE from History's schedule! I cant even find the listing for it on their website. WTF? Its not like them to completley abandon a show! Anyone know anything?
Old 05-21-09, 12:02 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

I haven't seen anything about it being canceled. I'm still watching but I can't say I'd miss it if it didn't come back. Battle 360 was a much, much better series IMO.
Old 05-21-09, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno. While I don't see it on Friday's schedule, the show still has a page on the website: http://www.history.com/content/patton-360.
Old 05-21-09, 02:50 PM

I think I liked Enterprise better, but Im still loving this one. I looked some stuff up and what I saw said there was only 6 eps. THeres no way thats possible as they didnt even get to Battle of the Bulge yet.
Old 06-02-09, 12:40 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

It looks like it's back this Friday at the usual time.
Old 06-02-09, 03:29 PM

Thank God. I was pissed for 2 weeks that it wasnt on

Im starting to really hate the History Channel with their damn scheduling and showing ads in the middle of shows that take up 1/4 the screen.
Old 06-29-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by arminius
I hope they include his battles around Metz and his raid to rescue his son-in-law. He was a great traffic cop but a standard general when he did not have all the advantages.
Done and done.

In fact, it was quite impressive that they had an interview with the leader of Task Force Baum itself (Abraham Baum) telling the story.
Old 06-30-09, 03:28 PM

The fucked me with the Battle of the Bulge. Assholes aired it on a THursday out of the blue and NEVER reran it

Fuck you history channel.
Old 07-01-09, 03:02 PM

Nice, I've been meaning to see when this was on next time. Huge fan of the ___ 360 and overall, THC is totally underrated they have some really interesting stuff on there.
Old 07-02-09, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ravenous
The fucked me with the Battle of the Bulge. Assholes aired it on a THursday out of the blue and NEVER reran it

Fuck you history channel.

I check THC everyday and must've missed this too.

what he said.