Search this Thread

Old 03-25-09, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Life -- "5 Quarts" -- 3/25/09

Life

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Crews and Seever investigate the murder of a coroner, whose coworkers are suspected of the crime. The detectives must solve the case quickly because if a coroner is the culprit, many other cases could be compromised. Elsewhere, Ted tries to make peace with his daughter.

The season is winding down. I've absolutely loved season 2, however the ratings have been horrendously disappointing. I hope this gets lucky enough to get a season 3.
Old 03-25-09, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Life -- "5 Quarts" -- 3/25/09

A five megapixel iPhone? That's almost as bad as the Xbox fiasco from last season.

But, beyond that, it did wind up being another excellent addition to the second season. I really do hope this manages to procure a third season...
Old 03-25-09, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ted and his daughter's bonding moment had me cracking up even though it was a touching moment.

I'm also hoping that this season gets renewed again as I'm really liking this season even more so than season one.
Old 03-25-09, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

The killer was cute.
Old 03-25-09, 10:48 PM

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

good episode. and yes, that killer was teh hotness.
Old 03-26-09, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DJariya

The season is winding down. I've absolutely loved season 2, however the ratings have been horrendously disappointing. I hope this gets lucky enough to get a season 3.
It would be a great injustice if this show wasn't picked up for a 3rd season. What can they expect ratings wise when you put it up against Lost, Criminal Minds and American Idol results show? Are the ratings taking into account DVR and online viewership. Not that I matter, but I know I watch it exclusively on Hulu because I watch Lost live. Hopefully since Zucker made that "NBC will never be #1 Primetime" statement they'll give some of these shows a little more leeway.

That being said, another great episode.
Old 03-26-09, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure how I feel about the way they're writing Reese out for Sarah Shahi's pregnancy. With her gone, Donal Logue's character lost a ton of screen time. Gabrielle Union is a nice replacement, but I feel that the Dani stuff is pointlessly extraneous. Perhaps now that she has been tossed in a van we won't hear about her again for a while.
Old 03-26-09, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Not sure how I feel about the way they're writing Reese out for Sarah Shahi's pregnancy. With her gone, Donal Logue's character lost a ton of screen time. Gabrielle Union is a nice replacement, but I feel that the Dani stuff is pointlessly extraneous. Perhaps now that she has been tossed in a van we won't hear about her again for a while.
I'm not certain... I get the impression that the San Diego job is not what we're being told it is. I imagine there is more to it than simple "border" work.
Old 03-26-09, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
I'm not certain... I get the impression that the San Diego job is not what we're being told it is. I imagine there is more to it than simple "border" work.
For a second, I thought maybe Mickey Rayborn is alive and those were his goons that she was with in the van.
Old 03-26-09, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They were strongly hinting that there was no San Diego job and she was being abducted. Still it was awkwardly done, in part because they were obviously shooting around her belly and using a body double for at least the shot of her getting in the van.

I knew I recognized the hottie coroner somewhere. She was Sato on Enterprise. I also heard her on the Scene Unseen podcast last year. She was a close friend with one of the hosts and sounded like a very cool chick.
Old 03-26-09, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by tofu
Ted and his daughter's bonding moment had me cracking up even though it was a touching moment.

I'm also hoping that this season gets renewed again as I'm really liking this season even more so than season one.
Yeah I started laughing too when Ted started crying. Not sure if I was supposed to or not.

I liked this episode, and hopefully this isn't the last season.
Old 03-26-09, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

woo hoo
Linda Park
Old 03-26-09, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

and goth chick was hot except for the lip ring
Old 03-31-09, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I'm on to this ploy by the writers!! Hot female with great chemistry with Crews and is interviewed as part of the investigation = real killer! I think she was better than our kitchen killer - although she was more skilled.

Agree that the FBI angle is very weird. I was like, "Oh, the lead lady actually is nice after all." Wrong!... Enjoy your San Diego job.

I did enjoy the diner scene with the drinks on the table. "Am I supposed to get it?"

I also liked how Tidwell skipped Crews and gave the financial files straight to the new partner.