The Unit -- "Hill 60" -- 3/15/09

Old 03-15-09, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,544 Likes on 2,540 Posts
The Unit -- "Hill 60" -- 3/15/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The unit families are trapped in their houses when a poisonous gas is released in their neighborhood, posing a deadly threat to anyone who steps outside.

Old 03-15-09, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Unit -- "Hill 60" -- 3/15/09

Very exciting episode tonight.
Old 03-15-09, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, that was great. A bit far-fetched though.
Old 03-15-09, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loved the episode.
Old 03-16-09, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Loved seeing the guys go into full on survival mode. Using whatever they could get their hands on, and not having any equipment.
Old 03-16-09, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Another awesome episode, and next week's looks great too. Sorry to see this thread so thin on comments for such a superb show...
Old 03-16-09, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Good news is that it climbed up in the ratings to 10.92 million.
Old 03-16-09, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

This show went downhill quality wise for me this year. I liked the semi-realistic storylines and just plain stopped following it when they were looking for the Spear of Destiny.

Has the show turned completely ridiculous or should I mosey on back to it?
Old 03-16-09, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well it hasn't become Indiana Jones, if that's what you mean. And it looks like they're ditching the Aerodyne cover.

It seems to me that their cover wasn't actually blown in this episode. The annoying guy that kept hassling Bob had me suspicious though. I feel like the bad guys were just covering their tracks as they pulled out of the area. They were probably spooked by the execution of the money launderer.

Next week looks action-packed.
Old 03-16-09, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by The Bus
This show went downhill quality wise for me this year. I liked the semi-realistic storylines and just plain stopped following it when they were looking for the Spear of Destiny.

Has the show turned completely ridiculous or should I mosey on back to it?
The Spear episode actually wasn't that bad. It was more about Mac and the guilt he was still experiencing over Hector's death. The last episode that introduced the new Unit member pretty much brought closure to that storyline. Despite a few rocky episodes, this season has been great. Too bad this, Cold Case and Without a Trace are all on the bubble for next season.
Old 03-17-09, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

We watched the gas-attack episode and it was great. And FINALLY Kim can stop griping about being away from her kids! Although last night, she was glad they weren't there....
Old 03-19-09, 08:30 AM

One thing I don't understand:

From what I recall, they were relocated and came up with this cover because they found videos showing that the families were being watched. Now, even with their cover, someone may have attempted to gas an entire town to get to them. At the end of the episode, the colonel said that they found out what they need to know and now they can go back home.

What did they find out, other that they can't hide?
Old 03-19-09, 09:11 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have to say I'm a little confused about the end too. Part of it is from not really remembering what brought them there in the first place So to recap, the threat/conspiracy that was mentioned was to the unit itself or was it to something else and the unit went undercover to investigate? Overall it seemed like they were blowing off the attack as more of a coincidence or a test for a larger attack against a different target though. I know they shut down some financing scheme but beyond that what else did they really find out? Also what ever happened to BettyBlue and woman he was going to marry, did they wrap that up?
Old 03-19-09, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n.phelge
One thing I don't understand:

From what I recall, they were relocated and came up with this cover because they found videos showing that the families were being watched. Now, even with their cover, someone may have attempted to gas an entire town to get to them. At the end of the episode, the colonel said that they found out what they need to know and now they can go back home.

What did they find out, other that they can't hide?
I thought he said that they would be moving again, not that they would be going back home?
Old 03-19-09, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by flashburn
I thought he said that they would be moving again, not that they would be going back home?
That was the impression I got as well.
Old 03-19-09, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by nemein
Also what ever happened to BettyBlue and woman he was going to marry, did they wrap that up?
I believe that will be addressed next week. It just seems weird about Grey. He was so love struck with her several episodes ago, which seemed out of character and then after his confrontation with the Girl's Guardian, he went back to being all business.
Old 03-19-09, 01:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really is a shame how CBS has treated this show with its sporadic showing schedule. But it's a real testament to the 11M viewers who watch this on Sunday nights at 10pm and the millions of us that watch it on dvr the next day.

This show has consistantly not been afraid to write stories about real life situations that can happen to all of us. It was pretty ingenious of the terrorists to spread the gas thru the water system. I wonder if that is really possible in our world?

Chris
Old 03-19-09, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's highly, highly doubtful that they were the targets of the attack. For one, the M.O. of these people is to abduct the families of the operators so as to gain access. Also, if they just wanted to kill The Unit and their families, I imagine they would have just killed them as soon as they found them rather than developing some elaborate gas attack that these kind of trained individuals would have a decent chance of surviving.

Like the Colonel said, all the people of interest had apparently pulled out of the area. So I imagine the gas attack was just a convenient way of covering their tracks, which became necessary when their money launderer was killed.
Old 03-23-09, 01:10 PM

So I imagine the gas attack was just a convenient way of covering their tracks, which became necessary when their money launderer was killed.
Ok I can buy that... note this is having not seen the 22 Mar eps yet in case anything further is explained there

I wonder if that is really possible in our world?
[wildguessing]Maybe... I mean a pipe is a pipe it doesn't care whether it's gas or liquid going down it. I think the two biggest problems would be how would whatever gas you are using react to the water (that which is initially in the pipes when you start introducing it and that which remains even after the majority of it has been forced out). They said it was chlorine gas right? Since that seems to be water soluble (according to wikipedia) you'd have to force all the water out of the system and then start pumping the gas to get the effect they were showing. That brings up the second problem, as I see it, the amount of gas and pressure needed to force the water out and keep the gas going that long I suspect would require a lot more of both than what they showed.[/wildguessing]