Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race - "She's a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She'll Be OK"-3/15/09

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race - "She's a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She'll Be OK"-3/15/09

Old 03-15-09, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

Amazing Race 14

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

The seven remaining teams continue to compete in Siberia on the fifth leg of the race. One person from each pair must strip off their outer clothes and brave frigid temperatures to take part in a run. Also: A car's stick shift gets the best of one duo on the icy Siberian streets.

Old 03-15-09, 03:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Amazing Race - "She's a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She'll Be OK"-3/1

FYI, for you East Coast viewers, CBS Sports has the Big Ten Championship and the NCAA Tournament Selection Show from 3:30pm to 7pm. College Hoops can run long, so I would pad just in case.
Old 03-15-09, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race - "She's a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She'll Be OK"-3/1

Can't wait to see Luke in his briefs!!
Old 03-15-09, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading those spoilers I'm now even more depressed that Amanda left last week.
Old 03-15-09, 08:43 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts

Margie and Luke and the redheads work well together. Victor is still a tool.

Loved the big smile on Phil's face when the female runners started showing up and him whistling at the stuntmen.
Old 03-15-09, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good episode. I was very amused by Mike's comments about two gay men going after a virgin bride. Some of the brides looked so relieved to be delivered to the church.
Old 03-15-09, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fun episode. Those brides were not bad looking. Phil whistling at the midget stuntmen was hilarious. Victor is a douche.
Old 03-15-09, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

I was disappointed in the episode a bit if for no other reason that the show starts and boom, everyone is "even" again because of waiting for the train to show up.
Old 03-15-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

So, Jen goes commando and Christie wears thongs. Nice
Old 03-16-09, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Good episode. I had a feeling that we were going to be getting a non-elimination leg.

And this is in no way a spoiler (it wasn't even a player in the game), but the kick in the scenes for the next ep. I had to watch it a couple of times.
Old 03-16-09, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
I was disappointed in the episode a bit if for no other reason that the show starts and boom, everyone is "even" again because of waiting for the train to show up.
Since it seemed like the teams had to wait more than twelve hours (they used the alternate wording when the flight attendants left first) I wondered if the first couple of teams would have made a different train so they held up everyone so they would all be equal.
Old 03-16-09, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was hoping for Jaime to do the running through town in her skivvies.
Old 03-16-09, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk God

It was very funny seeing Christie running around in her thong. After seeing this type of challenge, future women contestants should probably prepare the sports bra and bikini briefs for their undergarments.

It really sucked that stupid train didn't leave until 10 hours later.

I'm really liking Jaime and Cara. They are nice to look at and have been really nice to Margie and Luke.

As for next week, India again??? There are so many other Asian countries that deserve another visit besides India.
Old 03-16-09, 09:17 AM

I get in trouble with the Mrs. for flinging my hands over my head and screaming "Daaaahhhhhhhhh!" like Luke. He did it first.

Ditto on India. Tired of that being the staple midpoint of the race and would like to see Ireland or Iceland.
Old 03-16-09, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
So, Jen goes commando and Christie wears thongs. Nice
Didn't understand why Christie didn't get the lil boy shorts that Jen was able to get? Not that I'm complaining.
Old 03-16-09, 12:30 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I guess since Jen didn't wear any panties those were given to her. Christie used what she had on which was nice.
Old 03-16-09, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by BamaDan
Ditto on India. Tired of that being the staple midpoint of the race and would like to see Ireland or Iceland.
Well, the races goes through the world in different regions.

ex:
South America
Europe
Asia
Australia/New Zealand

They have already completed the European leg, all I'm saying is that they have overused India to death as part of the Asian leg. It seems like the last several races have featured a stop in India whether it's Dehli or Mumbai. I'd rather see them stop in Indonesia or Malaysia or even re-visit Thailand or Hong Kong.

I do agree that maybe those 2 countries could be included in the European leg the next time around.
Old 03-16-09, 01:32 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts

They did Ireland last time out. They always try and make it different, maybe they'll go to Goa in southern india
Old 03-16-09, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I hate that deaf dude, and not cause hes deaf.

I also laugh out loud when he tries talking, but I already know Im going to hell

I did bust out when that cow kicked that guy over in the next week previews
Old 03-16-09, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 192 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
It was very funny seeing Christie running around in her thong. After seeing this type of challenge, future women contestants should probably prepare the sports bra and bikini briefs for their undergarments.
Nobody ever followed Teri and Ian's real trend setting disposable underwear.
Old 03-16-09, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
I hate that deaf dude, and not cause hes deaf.

I also laugh out loud when he tries talking, but I already know Im going to hell
Don't worry, I do too. Luke would likely be the most hated contestant on this show if he wasn't deaf. And I don't care that he's deaf, he's just damn annoying.
Old 03-16-09, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-16-09, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Nobody ever followed Teri and Ian's real trend setting disposable underwear.
edible depends diapers! Saturday Night Live is a treasure trove of good ideas!
Old 03-16-09, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by the big train
Don't worry, I do too. Luke would likely be the most hated contestant on this show if he wasn't deaf. And I don't care that he's deaf, he's just damn annoying.
I don't see why they got so pissed off at Victor for trying to ditch them. After pulling the blind u-turn and saying it was part of the game. Understandibly, he's still a tool, but pot calling the kettle black. Sheesh.
Old 03-17-09, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I laughed my ass off when my wife said Victor sounds like he's channeling Ethel Merman.