Old 03-13-09, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,611 Posts
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Today is the Day Part 1" -- 3/13/09

Photobucket

Synopsis:

2-part episode. Continues next Friday

Spoiler:

Jesse flashes back to a life-altering mission aboard her submarine, the Jimmy Carter. Sarah and John decide they can’t continue living in their house and make plans to leave.

Old 03-13-09, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Today is the Day Part 1" -- 3/13/09

Enjoyed it immensely; thought the sub scenes were a bit hokey set-wise, but the oil rig with terminators was cool.

I honestly can't stand the Ellison/John Henry/Weaver storyline anymore even if it has a meaningful point in the story.
Old 03-13-09, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Today is the Day Part 1" -- 3/13/09

I wish they would have showed these episodes right after the break. I think it would have help keep the viewing audience.

Great episode. I really liked the scenes on the sub and am very interested in finding out what caused Jesse to turn against machines. She seemed to be very trusting of the terminator sub captain in the scenes we saw.

The whole Cameron using Riley's voice to tell John she loved him was just damn spooky. I'm kind of afraid of where they are going with this one.
Old 03-13-09, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Very good episode. I now am actually interested in Mole face's story line.
It looks like John now at least has proof for himself that Cameron didn't kill Riley. Since Cameron has no marks on her. And Riley obviously scratched up whoever killed her.
Old 03-14-09, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Thrush
Very good episode. I now am actually interested in Mole face's story line.
It looks like John now at least has proof for himself that Cameron didn't kill Riley. Since Cameron has no marks on her. And Riley obviously scratched up whoever killed her.
I'd like to believe that's the case but John is kind of an idiot most of the time. Who's to say if he noticed the obvious?

And, yeah, Derek's deadweight girlfriend was finally given an interesting story. Too bad it took so long.
Old 03-14-09, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked most of the content, but the pace of this episode was really tedious. It feels like they stretched it out into a two parter.
Old 03-14-09, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I almost fully followed this episode. The writing must be getting lazier or I'm getting smarter.
Old 03-14-09, 11:08 AM

Cutty was a skinjob in this! Glad to see more crew from The Wire getting work.
Old 03-14-09, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesse is smart. Got into a bar fight to mask her injuries...she knew Dereck would ask questions. I think he is questioning her purpose in the past though...

And I think John believes Cameron didn't do it.

Count me among those who LOVE the Ellison/John Henry storyline...their interactions are fantastic.
Old 03-14-09, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,611 Posts

3.93M viewers this week. It still sucks, but at least it didn't drop to below 3M.

I think the best we can hope for is the show to hang on long enough to finish out it's final episodes.
Old 03-14-09, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's pretty much a given they will let the season run-out because of the film, but maybe a steady increase in viewership along with a strong box-office for Salvation will make them pick-up another season?
Old 03-14-09, 04:20 PM

Ratings up 20%. That's a good sign!

"Terminator" (3.5 million viewers, 1.2 preliminary adults 18-49 rating and 4 share) went up 20% for last night's "Today is the Day Part 1" (which at these viewing levels translates to a couple tenths in the adult demo). "Dollhouse" (4.3 million, 1.6/5) went up one tenth -- 7%.
http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/03/dollh...-slightly.html
Old 03-14-09, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Derek is definitely suspicious
especially when he said "you've put a lot of thought into this" when she said something about John needing something bad to happen to stop trusting metal
Old 03-14-09, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

missed the previews, did they say what was in the box?

the metal sub skipper was awesome, and why was riley's guy so afraid of the friendly machines guarding the box?
Old 03-14-09, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by al_bundy
missed the previews, did they say what was in the box?

the metal sub skipper was awesome, and why was riley's guy so afraid of the friendly machines guarding the box?
They didn't say what was in the box. All the sub skipper said was that it was their mission to retrieve the box and bring it back to the Serrano Point power plant where the resistance has a base.

I wouldn't call those machines "friendly." The sight of two terminator endoskeletons with glowing eyes and an old T-600 terminator with peeling rubber skin would make me shake in my boots alittle!
Old 03-14-09, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Yeah, the T-600 was very creepy. I hope we see more of those.
Old 03-15-09, 06:32 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Why would humans post-J day allow themselves to be captain'd by a robot submarine commander? doesn't make much sense... and why was he fully human looking, yet the enemy was quite obviously rubber faced?
Old 03-15-09, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Why would humans post-J day allow themselves to be captain'd by a robot submarine commander? doesn't make much sense... and why was he fully human looking, yet the enemy was quite obviously rubber faced?
This is an alternate time line than the one originally created in T1 and T2. John Conner apparently has much more "influence" among certain factions of the skinjobs - count me as one of those convinced that Robo-Red is actually working to set up a "anti-skynet" robot network.

Something has apparently happened to convince Future John that reprogrammed terminators is a really good idea. My guess is it's his interaction with Cameron.

I showed my wife the latest Terminator Salvation trailer immediately after we watched this episode, and believe it or not, it's easy to think they co-exist on alternate tracks.
Old 03-15-09, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Riley mentioned this last season, where are you going to find someone who knows how to drive a nuclear sub in the aftermath of a nuclear war? it takes decades of training to qualify someone to do this. using machines is their only choice
Old 03-15-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

they have an intact sub. where's the original crew?
Old 03-15-09, 09:03 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the original crew could have been wiped out by one Terminator. Maybe even the very captain they're using now.
Old 03-16-09, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Something has apparently happened to convince Future John that reprogrammed terminators is a really good idea. My guess is it's his interaction with Cameron.
In T2 Sarah said that the Terminator was the closest thing John ever had to a father. In T3 a future T800 was able to get close to and ultimately kill Connor because of his affinity for that particular model.

Given his upbringing one can understand why he would choose to have close relationships with the machines in the future. He never new his father, he eventually loses his mother. Hes not really allowed to have friends or build any lasting relationships, because they move so often and they cant trust anyone. Pretty much every human he has known is either already dead or will die in Jday. To paraphrase Sarah in T2 "The Terminator would never stop. It would never leave him. It would never hurt him, never shout at him, or get drunk and hit him. Or say it was too busy to spend time with him. It would always be there, and it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers that came and went over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only one that measured up."
Old 03-17-09, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Makes perfect sense to me. You have lost submarine crews, no chance in retraining them properly..where do you turn? Robots.

I like the fundamental idea of the Sarah Connor chronicles - that if robots became self aware as said in T1 and T2 - , there is a chance that some of them might decide not to eliminate humanity or even side with them. The big question is what side of the fence the John Henry project is going to be.
Old 03-17-09, 11:13 AM

I have little doubt the John Henry project is to create the anti sky-net. Treating human life as sacred, etc. They are creating a future where the robots will help, not destroy humans.
I haven't watched or read much on the new movie, but I think this might lead directly into that story line. In the one trailor I did see for the new movie wasn't there a Terminator who was there to help humanity?
Old 03-17-09, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzdalf
I have little doubt the John Henry project is to create the anti sky-net. Treating human life as sacred, etc. They are creating a future where the robots will help, not destroy humans.
I haven't watched or read much on the new movie, but I think this might lead directly into that story line. In the one trailor I did see for the new movie wasn't there a Terminator who was there to help humanity?
Yes, a robot that thinks it's a human, the second lead in the movie, I believe.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.