DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Survivor: Tocantins - The Brazilian Highlands - 3/12/09

Title:
Spoiler:
You're Going to Want That Tooth

Episode Description:

Spoiler:
One castaway loses a tooth during the immunity challenge. Elsewhere, the secret four-person Exile Island alliance risks being discovered by their tribe mates, leading to an emotional outburst by an overconfident player. At tribal, another person is voted out of the game.
Old 03-12-09, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Survivor: Tocantins - The Brazilian Highlands - 3/12/09

So far this episode seems to be focusing on Taj too much. I hope that doesn't mean she'll be voted off tonight- but based on how the episodes have been edited thus far, it doesn't look good.
Old 03-12-09, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow - Jeff with JT's tooth was weird. By far the most cringe-worthy moment in a long time in Survivor. Anyone see how he broke it?
Old 03-12-09, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by mraw
So far this episode seems to be focusing on Taj too much. I hope that doesn't mean she'll be voted off tonight- but based on how the episodes have been edited thus far, it doesn't look good.
Actually, I thought it was more a Spenser goes home edit. Taj is more of an ongoing character.

Given last week's preview it was pretty obvious which team was going to win the immunity challenge. Taj's "meltdown" hadn't happened yet.

Now would be a good time for Brendan and Sierra to grab Erinn to vote Coach out.
Old 03-12-09, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by SunMonkey
Wow - Jeff with JT's tooth was weird. By far the most cringe-worthy moment in a long time in Survivor. Anyone see how he broke it?
I agree. I held my mouth for five minutes after that happened and even ran my finger across my teeth to make sure they were okay JT was jumping for a shot and fell into the water. It looks like the handle on the net hit him in the mouth because his face didn't hit the ground.
Old 03-12-09, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by mwbmis
Actually, I thought it was more a Spenser goes home edit. Taj is more of an ongoing character.

Given last week's preview it was pretty obvious which team was going to win the immunity challenge. Taj's "meltdown" hadn't happened yet.

Now would be a good time for Brendan and Sierra to grab Erinn to vote Coach out.
I agree with the Brendan/Sierra/Erinn move, because there is no way that Debbie and Tyson are going to vote against him.

I'm really surprised that Joe didn't vote for Taj because there was some serious tension between them, but I felt like the Tribal Council helped to loosen that up quite a bit. I think it's great that Taj could honestly and wholeheartedly say: I do not have the Immunity Idol.

Side note: TAJ stands for Tamara Antrice Johnson
Old 03-12-09, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 406 Likes on 294 Posts

I know survivor has had a long list of sponsorships during its run, but did they really need to have Charmin be a part of the reward challenge
Old 03-12-09, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Once again, Coach is invisible in a challenge.
Old 03-12-09, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Once again, Coach is invisible in a challenge.
His presence alone shows great leadership.
Old 03-13-09, 12:06 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 95 Posts

Decent Challenges, wonder how dizzy the people actually were.

Spencer is not much of a loss.
Old 03-13-09, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 180 Likes on 125 Posts

No episode next week I guess that's March Madness for you. And the previews made me worry that in 2 weeks it's going to be one of those recap episodes (especially since it's going to be on at a "special" time due to basketball).

The production crew clearly loves Coach. I love when the tribe was looking to him for wisdom, and Coach confidently predicts the storm will miss them. And we immediately cut to a shot of them all looking sad in the rain

Does anyone know what that odd-looking furry animal with the gigantic head/nose was? I want one!
Old 03-13-09, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Enjoyed the dizzy bat challenge, would have been funny had one of them thrown up during the challenge.
Old 03-13-09, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by brainee
Does anyone know what that odd-looking furry animal with the gigantic head/nose was? I want one!
It's a Capybara, the world's largest rodent. It's native to South America (mostly Brazil) and you should be able to see one in most zoos.

more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capybara
Old 03-13-09, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

Not a huge surprise seeing Spencer go.

I don't know why Taj felt the urge to speak her mind and go off like that. Even though she's been very low key in the competition, I didn't see any sign of her being the next to go and she always hustled in each challenge. She just put herself in a bad position for upcoming episodes.

Another thing I've noticed, Sierra wears her long striped shirt as a dress most of the time and I've noticed the cameras pixelate her ass in previous episodes. However, I noticed tonight she was wearing some black panties/bathing suit that covered her ass entirely. Was she wearing something else in previous weeks?

Why does everyone get so weepy and emotional from the letters from home? These guys have only been away from home a little more than 2 weeks! I guess most Survivor contestants just don't travel outside the United States at all and get homesick easily. I just want to gag every time I see Survivor do this type of segment. I travel overseas every 1-2 years for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and honestly I love experiencing the world and don't get homesick at all.
Old 03-13-09, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
Not a huge surprise seeing Spencer go.

I don't know why Taj felt the urge to speak her mind and go off like that. Even though she's been very low key in the competition, I didn't see any sign of her being the next to go and she always hustled in each challenge. She just put herself in a bad position for upcoming episodes.

Another thing I've noticed, Sierra wears her long striped shirt as a dress most of the time and I've noticed the cameras pixelate her ass in previous episodes. However, I noticed tonight she was wearing some black panties/bathing suit that covered her ass entirely. Was she wearing something else in previous weeks?

Why does everyone get so weepy and emotional from the letters from home? These guys have only been away from home a little more than 2 weeks! I guess most Survivor contestants just don't travel outside the United States at all and get homesick easily. I just want to gag every time I see Survivor do this type of segment. I travel overseas every 1-2 years for 2 1/2 to 3 weeks and honestly I love experiencing the world and don't get homesick at all.
I think its more about the conditions they have been living in vs the homesickness. They have lived in a paronoid, sleepless, dirty, unnatural environment for them for 2 weeks. Your tired, your dirty, your emotional, and you are with people 24/7 that you dont know and you dont like. I think it just brings that all out.
Old 03-13-09, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was wondering the same thing. I kind of remember her wearing that swimsuit or something similar before.
Old 03-13-09, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Maybe I missed something, but were the original two immunity idols ever found? The ones Sandy ("what's a pace?") and Sierra were digging around for?
Old 03-13-09, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Reminded me of a line from The Office: "I didn't mean 'gay' as in homosexual. I meant 'gay' as in he sucks at sports."
Old 03-13-09, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This season theres no one I am am rooting for no one that I really care if they win or not, I have to agree It was wierd seeing Jeff put that guys tooth in his pocket
Old 03-13-09, 10:36 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This week's blog from Jeff Probst:

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009...robst-b-1.html

A quote from the blog (he must have read DJariya's post):

"And while we're at it, let me just address those of you who will write something along the lines of "how can these idiots get so emotional over a damn letter from home? It's not like they've been gone that long anyway."
Well the logical answer to that question goes like this: If a "thing," any "thing," continues to happen season after season, from one group of Survivors to another then there is probably something to it. Kinda like when you water a plant and it always seems to grow. Okay, that analogy sucked, but you guys know my analogies suck and you get what I'm saying anyway."

Last edited by Jim; 03-13-09 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Corrected name.
Old 03-13-09, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
Maybe I missed something, but were the original two immunity idols ever found? The ones Sandy ("what's a pace?") and Sierra were digging around for?
Both stopped looking for it because that idol was only good for the 1st tribal counsel. The producers probably just swapped that one for exile island one.l
Old 03-13-09, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by brainee
No episode next week I guess that's March Madness for you. And the previews made me worry that in 2 weeks it's going to be one of those recap episodes (especially since it's going to be on at a "special" time due to basketball).
Yep. Next "real" episode is April 2. From Jeff's blog:

March 19 (next week): We are NOT on at all! (Bummmmer, I know.)

March 25: We are on WEDNESDAY NIGHT with a really cool "never before scenes" special. There are some great scenes that will crack you up, including Coach conducting. It's really good stuff. I know a lot of you guys hate this episode so we worked especially hard to make it rock! One of our best producers Daren sweated night and day for weeks to find stuff worthy of your time. Give it a shot if you're around.

Thursday, April 2: WE ARE BACK! I've just seen the episode. It's fantastic. You're gonna love the rest of this season.
Old 03-13-09, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by chowderhead
Both stopped looking for it because that idol was only good for the 1st tribal counsel. The producers probably just swapped that one for exile island one.l
Ah, I forgot they were only good the one time; they're a moot point now.
Old 03-13-09, 11:26 AM

In addition to what others said about not being able to even contact anyone you know, I'm pretty sure they've been away for more than two weeks at this point. Sure, that's when the game started, but it doesn't mean that was the last time they saw friends and family.
Old 03-13-09, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

It's not just being away from home, it is being in a stressful situation where you can't trust anyone and are totally self-reliant. Add physical demands to that and I can see how something familiar would be much more comforting than if you were traveling for pleaseure, sitting on a beach relaxing.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.