Twenty Four (24) -- "8:00pm to 9:00pm" -- 3/9/09

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Twenty Four (24) -- "8:00pm to 9:00pm" -- 3/9/09

Old 03-10-09, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Twenty Four (24) -- "8:00pm to 9:00pm" -- 3/9/09

They really wasted Tony Todd on 24....
He only appeared in Redemption, 2 hour episode last week, & 10 minutes last night....
Shame on you 24 Producers, The character could have been so much more to the show....
Besides that, Great episode & the Bill thing was a surprise....
Old 03-10-09, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 332 Likes on 248 Posts

Given the fact that James Morrison hadn't been given much to do this season except stand around, I'm not shocked (sad, but not shocked) his character was killed off.

In an interview with the LA Times, Morrison said the producers assured him that they would not be resurrecting his character, ala Tony A.

I wonder if Tony Todd's short stint had something to do with the break between early episodes and the ones we're seeing now. The Dubuku and Juma storylines were wrapped up so quickly, it makes me wonder if originally they were only going to get Voight for a limited number of shows, but because of the strike delay can now use him for the entire season, so they wanted to get that character established as the main bad guy as quickly as they could once they began shooting again. It might also be because they wanted to ditch the African storyline as quickly as possible and go in another direction.
Old 03-10-09, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Torchur317
They really wasted Tony Todd on 24....
He only appeared in Redemption, 2 hour episode last week, & 10 minutes last night....
Shame on you 24 Producers, The character could have been so much more to the show....
Besides that, Great episode & the Bill thing was a surprise....
And don't forget he played a police detective in Season 3.
Old 03-10-09, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 256 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
Given the fact that James Morrison hadn't been given much to do this season except stand around, I'm not shocked (sad, but not shocked) his character was killed off.

In an interview with the LA Times, Morrison said the producers assured him that they would not be resurrecting his character, ala Tony A.

I wonder if Tony Todd's short stint had something to do with the break between early episodes and the ones we're seeing now. The Dubuku and Juma storylines were wrapped up so quickly, it makes me wonder if originally they were only going to get Voight for a limited number of shows, but because of the strike delay can now use him for the entire season, so they wanted to get that character established as the main bad guy as quickly as they could once they began shooting again. It might also be because they wanted to ditch the African storyline as quickly as possible and go in another direction.
I pretty much expected the African storyline to wrap up by now. Seems every season starts out with one batch of villians(mexican drug brothers, mid-east terrorists) and by hour thirteen they ae long forgotten because the show moves so fast. Dubuku seems like ancient history now.
Old 03-11-09, 07:53 AM

I expect that by the end of the season:
1. Jack will somehow save Moss's life and Moss will eventually respect him. Then, shortly thereafter (hopefully)...
2. Moss will get is own butt arrested for disobeying a direct order from the VP himself.
Moss needs to arrest himself using his own "standards." Man, I really dislike Moss so props to the show for redeeming itself.
Old 03-11-09, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Patman
Best moment was when Olivia flipped the script on Ethan.
Agreed. I had to rewind that part about three times!

Bill

I've loved James Morrison since Space: Above and Beyond. It hurt to see him go.
Old 03-11-09, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

ah the respect of the silent clock..

a dignified way to go on 24..

we'll miss you bill!
Old 03-11-09, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 932 Likes on 657 Posts

Have they ever done the silent clock in the middle of an episode before?
Old 03-11-09, 11:17 AM
Premium Member

Received 733 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Have they ever done the silent clock in the middle of an episode before?
http://24.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_clock
Old 03-11-09, 09:37 PM

I don't want to jump the gun, but so far this season is up there with 1 and 5 for me as being some of the best 24. With the exception of the episode leading into the White House attack, its been consistently good, and this week's episode was the best episode I've seen all season.

I really hope they keep this going. This has made up for last Season. And Bill's death and silent clock thereafter was probably one of the pinnacle moments of 24. This, to me, ranks up there with the Ryan Chappelle's death and silent clock. REALLY good stuff.
Old 03-12-09, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,741 Likes on 2,684 Posts

Another really good episode. I have to agree with Torchur that the Candyman was wasted as Juma. Seemed like combining Redemption and his appearances this season, he probably had less than 20 minutes of screen time.

Other than that, I thought the episode was extremely compelling. Every episode has been consistently good.

Agree with an earlier comment that Vice President Pirate Master is such a pussy.

The Silent Clock when used right is a really good dramatic tool and I think it worked very well with Bill's death. I thought Bill was a very interesting character in the 4 seasons he was on the show. Initially I didn't really like him, but he went out like a hero and evolved quite well from a by the books suit from Division. I was actually surprised that Tony was even willing to work with Bill this season considering Michelle supposedly had a relationship with him when they were separated during season 4.

Larry was such a dick to Renee. She should have bitch slapped him like she did to Jack. Looking forward to seeing her and Jack team up again soon.
Old 03-12-09, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Doughboy
And don't forget he played a police detective in Season 3.
lol I already knew that, I was talking about this season....
They built him up so much in Redemption as the villain & they just wasted him....