TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-09, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Breaking Bad - Season 2 Discussion

Watched this last night...fucking fantastic. This season is going to be a hell of a ride.

Also, Bryan Cranston needs to get behind the camera more...that episode had so many different styles in it is was making my head spin. Clearly he can have a career outside of acting if he needed to.
Old 03-13-09, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Love. This. Fucking. Show.

Vince Gilligan rules.
Old 03-14-09, 06:17 PM
Banned

Hank is easily my favorite part of the show. When he was trying to console Skylar, I was dying.

Also - "Hey, get a picture of me with Stumpy! Make sure you get the stump in it!"

That being said, yeah, this whole show is pretty contrived but this particular episode took it to another level. Good thing he switched the money from the vent to the diaper box, and then left it sitting out with the gun in it as well.
Old 03-14-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Yeah, it's great to see a career character actor like Dean Norris finally get a part he can have a lot of fun with.
Old 03-15-09, 04:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Was there any resolution to the one-eyed stuffed animal in the pool? Looked like it was blown there by an explosion
No resolution yet. I'm guessing we won't catch up with that scene until the end of the season. We'll see him bring home the bear as a present for the baby at some point. Something happens where he is forced to bring the chemicals to his home (cook there???) and then BOOM...all a guess of course.

Originally Posted by Deftones
So, what's the speculation on Tuco wanting Walt and Jesse? Maybe when his henchmen goon disappeared, he thought they had something to do with it? Or, is it something more simple as he's a crazy, paranoid drug dealer and he doesn't trust them.
Originally Posted by slop101
No - obviously he was there when the car fell on his fat goon, not being able to do anything about it and understanding that the police will come after him for suspected murder, he's going after the "smart" meth guy to help him clean his mess up.
I don't think Tuco was there. I think it happened exactly as the cops described. He probably went back because he was paranoid they would find the body where he left it (and wanted to show some respect) and then was pinned. Here comes another guess (although I'm sure this one's a lock)....Tuco will come to the conclusion that Walt killed the fat guy because he'll find the picture on his phone. How's he supposed to get out of that one? He can't really say "Oh I didn't take the picture, my DEA brother-in-law sent that to me for a laugh." He's fucked either way.

Last edited by dino88; 03-15-09 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-15-09, 10:10 PM

Wow, another great episode. BTW, I don't know if anyone recognized the name of the director, it was Charles Haid, who used to play Andy Renko on Hill Street Blues.
Old 03-15-09, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This show is so good.
Old 03-15-09, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RIP Tuco. You were one crazy son of a bitch. But you set up your Tio with a nice crib in the country and grilled him some bigass enchiladas. That's gotta count for something.
Old 03-16-09, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

great episode -

I loved the uncle ringing the bell. wonder what is going to happen when they find Walt's fingerprints on the guns?

There was a police shooting - so you know they are going to get prints from the guns.
Old 03-16-09, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
great episode -

I loved the uncle ringing the bell. wonder what is going to happen when they find Walt's fingerprints on the guns?

There was a police shooting - so you know they are going to get prints from the guns.
True, but unless Walt's prints are already on file, then they won't be able to make a match. At best, there might be a match between the M16 that Walt was holding and some other piece of evidence that the authorities already have (like the mask from the first season).
Old 03-16-09, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What they probably will find is Walt's ID inside the house
Old 03-16-09, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Wazootyman
What they probably will find is Walt's ID inside the house
I thought that might happen at first, too, but after watching the episode again, I noticed that Walter and Jesse put all the stuff from their pockets back.
Old 03-16-09, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by xVladx
True, but unless Walt's prints are already on file, then they won't be able to make a match. At best, there might be a match between the M16 that Walt was holding and some other piece of evidence that the authorities already have (like the mask from the first season).

Good thing they are not in Vegas - because CSI would get a hit off those prints in 10 seconds

But, because this is a police involved shooting (DEA) You will be sure, there will be a through investigation.

Wonder if the uncle can talk if he was under the right medical care... I don't think Tuco is big on doctor's visits and making sure uncle gets the best medical treatment and meds.. but (tuco may even help himself to some of those meds).
Old 03-16-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Man this episode just flew by.
Old 03-17-09, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This show keeps getting better.

The production values are up this season, the show is coming in to its own a little more.

I loved the abstract opener of the car 'jumping'.
Old 03-17-09, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dino88
Hopefully they kill off Tuco's character. His horrible acting was way too distracting and ruined the end of the season for me.
WOO HOO!!! My wish came true
Old 03-17-09, 08:19 AM
Banned

So, nobody has noticed the opened box of diapers with money hanging out of it sitting in the middle of the nursery room floor? That doesn't seem "out of place" to people that are, I don't know, looking for a missing person? Skylar had to know he was in there when she was yelling at him from the tub. The house isn't that big.

I mean, come on.
Old 03-17-09, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
So, nobody has noticed the opened box of diapers with money hanging out of it sitting in the middle of the nursery room floor? That doesn't seem "out of place" to people that are, I don't know, looking for a missing person? Skylar had to know he was in there when she was yelling at him from the tub. The house isn't that big.

I mean, come on.

If you look closely there are other boxes of diapers in the room, and they don't have a baby yet - so I don't think anyone will be in there to use those diapers.
Old 03-17-09, 09:32 AM
Banned

Right, and none of the are OPEN (well, except for one, sitting out on the floor instead of under the crib, like the others), because they don't have a baby yet.

Don't get me wrong, I get that the suspension of disbelief for this show is set VERY high, and I'm still enjoying it, but this is just extremely sloppy.
Old 03-17-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^Skylar is pregnant, has a son with cerebral palsy, a klepto sister she isn't on speaking terms with and her husband is now missing. I can understand why she may have overlooked a slightly opened box of Pampers........oh yeah and the husband has terminal lung cancer (how did I forget than one?)

Last edited by dino88; 03-17-09 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-17-09, 09:51 AM
Banned

I guess I just haven't set my suspension of disbelief high enough. My bad.
Old 03-17-09, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, honestly it isn't THAT out of place. Maybe it is just sitting there because there wasn't space for it elsewhere? It isn't like those boxes have the best glue either, so it's possible one of the flaps of the box could have just popped up. And they aren't exactly scouring the house for clues because they are busy posting flyers and are out there looking for him.
Old 03-17-09, 12:00 PM
Suspended

I guess I just haven't set my suspension of disbelief high enough. My bad.
Hope you don't watch shows like 24, Lost, Heroes, etc.
Old 03-17-09, 02:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aktick
Hope you don't watch shows like 24, Lost, Heroes, etc.
Out of those three, only Lost. But I'm not sure you can compare a science fiction show to this.
Old 03-17-09, 02:33 PM
Suspended

Out of those three, only Lost. But I'm not sure you can compare a science fiction show to this.
I know, just giving you some shit.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.