TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "LaFleur" -- 3/4/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-09, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Lost -- "LaFleur" -- 3/4/09

Originally Posted by JZ1276
When we saw Richard in a previous season's episode when they show Ben's backstory, Richard comes from the jungle with long hair and in dirty clothes. This had to have happened before seeing Richard in tonight's episode where he looks like his dapper usual self. What sense could that make?
I thinking the truce must have broke down by the time Ben arrives and there is a minor war going on. Might explain Richard's disheveled look at that episode.
Old 03-05-09, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
During the first scene I was going nuts for some Utz.
Me too! I couldn't believe Jimmy ended up as a security guy on the island!
Old 03-05-09, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Finally caught up on the whole thread - I had completely forgotten about Samantha Mathis's character and that she was Horace's wife.
Old 03-05-09, 08:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ivelostr2
the first links are to the different translations for Anubis in Hieroglyphs

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/extensions.../hiero_G43.png
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/extensions.../hiero_M17.png

the second is the hieroglyphs from the hatch for the "incidents"

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/lo...eroglyphic.jpg
Explaination of Anubis and his role (not really a spoiler)
Spoiler:
Anubis was the god to protect the dead and bring them to the afterlife. He was usually portrayed as a half human, half jackel, or in full jackal form wearing a ribbon and holding a flail in the crook of its arm[5]. The jackal was strongly associated with cemeteries in ancient Egypt, since it was a scavenger which threatened to uncover human bodies and eat their flesh[6] The distinctive black color of Anubis "did not have to do with the jackal [per se] but with the color of rotting flesh and with the black soil of the Nile valley, symbolizing rebirth."[6]

Anubis is depicted in funerary contexts where he is shown attending to the mummies of the deceased or sitting atop a tomb protecting it. In fact, during embalming, the "head embalmer" wore an Anubis costume. The critical weighing of the heart scene in Book of the Dead also show Anubis performing the measurement that determined the worthiness of the deceased to enter the realm of the dead (the underworld). New Kingdom tomb-seals also depict Anubis atop nine bows that symbolize his domination over the foes of Egypt.[3]

and for the record, tha anubis had some daddy issues too...

Spoiler:
Anubis was the son of Osiris, the god of the underworld, and Nephthys, Set's sister and wife. Nephthys and Isis tricked Osiris one night. Nephthys never liked Seth(Set), but she always had a "thing" for Osiris.Since Nephthys and Isis were twins,they were able to trick Osiris into sleeping with Nephthys one night instead of Isis.As a result, Anubis was born.Nephthys was very angry since Set killed Osiris so she left him and assisted Isis, Osiris's wife and Nephthys ran away with her son, Anubis.
Old 03-05-09, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

According to the Lost Wiki, Horace dies during the purge which takes place on December 19th, 1992.
Old 03-05-09, 08:13 AM

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm just glad to know Michelle's alive and on the island. I hope Tony can somehow find out.
Old 03-05-09, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by B.A.
Maybe that explains Richard's eye-liner fetish.
My daughter asked me why he wore eyeliner when we watched The Dark Knight. I told her he didn't that was his natural look because I figured there was no way he would be allowed to wear it in every project he worked on. I guess I was wrong.
Old 03-05-09, 08:24 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
I'm just glad to know Michelle's alive and on the island. I hope Tony can somehow find out.
I think 1974 Tony would have a hard time maintaining that goatee.
Old 03-05-09, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by uteotw
But he might have to go in deep to get her out. He might even have to fake his own death to pull it off.
Old 03-05-09, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by Holysmoker
My daughter asked me why he wore eyeliner when we watched The Dark Knight. I told her he didn't that was his natural look because I figured there was no way he would be allowed to wear it in every project he worked on. I guess I was wrong.
I was being sarcastic.

He's always looked that way from what I can remember.
Old 03-05-09, 08:26 AM

Nevermind. He doesn't.

http://www.bullz-eye.com/movies/inte..._carbonell.htm

BE: …and, oddly enough, when I changed my Facebook status to mention that I was going to be speaking with you, the first response was from a friend of mine, asking, “Oooooooh, ask him if he wears eyeliner!”

NC: (Bursts into laughter)

BE: So once more, for the record and just for me, do you wear eyeliner?

NC: Let me make this perfectly clear: I do not. I do not wear make-up, and I do not wear eye-liner. No. My brother sent me that article, and I just laughed so loud. I mean, this is something I’ve had to deal with my whole life. When I was a little kid, I was about five years old and living in Mexico, and I remember my mom’s friends would come over and say, ‘Oh, look at his eyelashes!’ I got such a complex about it that I ended up taking scissors to them once, and my mom stopped me and said, ‘What are you doing?’ But they were talking about them, and I got a lot comments about my eye-liner. Eventually, I got over it and was, like, “What are you gonna do?” But I definitely had a complex when I was a kid about having dark eyelashes. But then, later on, as I got older, I remember I was in college in Boston, I had a commercial agent, and they sent me out for some print commercial stuff. And they called me into the office and said, “Look, we called you in to talk to you because we just want you to know that…well, we don’t think you need to wear eyeliner.’ And I’m, like, “What?” “Yeah, it’s okay, you don’t have to wear it for print ads.” “No, I’m not wearing eyeliner!” And I kept dabbing my eyes and saying, “Look! No eyeliner! I’m not wearing any!” And, finally, they started laughing. So, yeah, it’s something I’ve dealt with it in the past, and sometimes, makeup artists are able to diminish it…and they’re doing it on “Lost” more and more…by putting a base on my eyelashes so it makes it less dark. But I didn’t know it would be a question at the TCA tour, that’s for sure!
Old 03-05-09, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So this is getting crazy. Locke is the leader of the others, and now Sawyer is de-facto leader of the Dharma group.

Heh. And a crazy love triangle now gets even better.

So we have the others, the 'good' guys, the dharma guys, and the new 'others'.
Old 03-05-09, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Son of Odin
it's 1977, right? sawyer told juliette it's 1974 when they first get the chance to ride the sub of of dodge, three years later and it's 77.
Exactly - a lot of talk in this thread about Jack and Kate being in 1974 when in fact that shit is happening in 1977. (a few people mentioned 1971-1974) Sawyer definitely said it was 1974 in the 3 years earlier part because when he asked Juliette why she'd want to leave the island to return to a world she didn't know in 1974, my immediate thought was "To see JAWS on the big screen when it's released next summer".

Seriously, for all the rabid attention to detail around here, I'm surprised you guys have your dates mixed up (Just kidding about that, I had to explain the timeline to the people I was watching it with at least 3 times throughout)... and I totally think that Locke and Ben are on the OTHER island in what we call the present... so somehow they'll have to find a way to bring the other Losties BACK TO THE FUTURE.
Old 03-05-09, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What happened after Hurley got out of the van? My DVR cut off.
Old 03-05-09, 09:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
First rule of Lost threads... we don't talk about the previews.
What?!? He spoilerized it AND announced he would be addressing a preview. He did just what he was supposed to, so if anyone reads it now, they're the moron. I prefer to talk about previews, because it is in reference to ALREADY TELEVISED video footage.

And everything may or may not be as it seems, so you're not really giving anything away. I saw the preview for this episode and I sure as hell didn't think it'd be this freakin' awesome.
Old 03-05-09, 09:13 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Great episode last night. Somehow I must have missed the statue shot -- will have to catch it again when it re-airs next week.
Old 03-05-09, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Jack and Kate get out of the van as well. Sawyer and Kate lock eyes and the episode ends.
Old 03-05-09, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Kate gets out and she and Sawyer stare at each other, then...LOST!
Old 03-05-09, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Jack got out, gave Sawyer a look.
Then Kate got out. Sawyer and her gave each "a look", as is in he's not over her. Despite what he told Horace.
Old 03-05-09, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

thanks x3
Old 03-05-09, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

The other side of the van lowered significantly.
Old 03-05-09, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Geofferson
Great episode last night. Somehow I must have missed the statue shot -- will have to catch it again when it re-airs next week.
It was actually easy to miss because that whole scene was seamlessly integrated with the previously on...one minute we were seeing shit we'd already seen and then BAM, new stuff and STATUE. If I hadn't watched it live and was watching it on PVR, I'd probably have thought it was all recap while fast forwarding it.
Old 03-05-09, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
The other side of the van lowered significantly.
Ha, good one..but wouldn't it be the exact opposite since it was after he got out. "That side of the van got significantly higher".
Old 03-05-09, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mdc3000
Ha, good one..but wouldn't it be the exact opposite since it was after he got out. "That side of the van got significantly higher".
That's why he said "other" side. And I love Hurley, but that made me
Old 03-05-09, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by mdc3000
It was actually easy to miss because that whole scene was seamlessly integrated with the previously on...one minute we were seeing shit we'd already seen and then BAM, new stuff and STATUE. If I hadn't watched it live and was watching it on PVR, I'd probably have thought it was all recap while fast forwarding it.
Well that explains it -- I DVR'd it and did just that! Thanks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.