Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Leverage -- "The Second David Job" -- Season Finale -- 2/24/09

Leverage

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

In the conclusion of the Season 1 finale, an underground Nate resurfaces to tangle directly with his nemeses---avaricious CEO Blackpoole (Kevin Tighe) and ex-coworker Sterling (Mark A. Sheppard). His plan: to pilfer two prized David statuettes. But for the caper to succeed, Nate must bring his splintered squad back together. Dean Devlin directed.

I know this is really short notice to mention since I'm posting this when 99.9% of your are asleep, but there is an all-day Leverage marathon Tuesday starting at 7am. In case you want to check out this show and want to see any episodes you missed, here's your chance.
Old 02-24-09, 11:26 PM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts
Re: Leverage -- "The Second David Job" -- Season Finale -- 2/24/09

Fun episode. But you could see the twist coming from a mile away.

The final scene was pretty stupid. They kept showing commercials for the next season. What was the point?

Hope we see more Kari Matchett next season. I always liked her.
Old 02-25-09, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah the 'twist' was a bit telegraphed; but I really liked the show. I liked how they didn't do some stupid cliffhanger as a lead in to the next season. I think the final scene was just a bit of symmetry (or anti-symmetry?) from the first show; they've used that overhead shot a few times now... I have to think they weren't trying to fool people.

I'm starting to like the blond in the show now - her character initially seemed rather bland but I thought she was pretty funny (in a dry sense) in this show - the smelling of the ex-wife, her howl after the comment about being bad in bed, the 'we'll see how hard you look' line at the end. She still reminds me a bit of Turturo (sp?) in Mr Deeds where he occasionally pops up out of nowhere and is 'verrry, verry sneeeky'

I was surprised to see that the ads were saying it would be back in the summer... won't be such a long wait.
Old 02-25-09, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought it was OK, but a bit anti-climatic after last week. There wasn't a whole lot of action and I don't think the show works as well when they keep the audience in the dark. The whole point is to watch them plan and execute their schemes. Keeping a detail or two back so they can have a little twist at the end is fine, but I felt like an outsider for this whole ep.

Last weeks ep would have made a much better season finale.
Old 02-26-09, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by wirefan
Yeah the 'twist' was a bit telegraphed; but I really liked the show. I liked how they didn't do some stupid cliffhanger as a lead in to the next season. I think the final scene was just a bit of symmetry (or anti-symmetry?) from the first show; they've used that overhead shot a few times now... I have to think they weren't trying to fool people.

I'm starting to like the blond in the show now - her character initially seemed rather bland but I thought she was pretty funny (in a dry sense) in this show - the smelling of the ex-wife, her howl after the comment about being bad in bed, the 'we'll see how hard you look' line at the end. She still reminds me a bit of Turturo (sp?) in Mr Deeds where he occasionally pops up out of nowhere and is 'verrry, verry sneeeky'

I was surprised to see that the ads were saying it would be back in the summer... won't be such a long wait.
pretty much agreed on everything here. i find hardison and her the two best characters in the show.

it is coming back rather quickly. TNT must have really liked what they saw and picked up the option while they were still filming, in the hopes it would be a hit. It was and they gambled correctly.
Old 02-26-09, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts

I expect a Michael Weston cameo in the next season.. going up against Prescott and Jason Bly.

I'm wondering which character will need help that brings everyone back together next season. Also, since Nate knows about Sophie's hidden stash of stolen art, will that pose a problem since they are supposed to be on the straight and narrow?