Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Lost -- "The Little Prince" -- 2/4/09

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-09, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Lost -- "The Little Prince" -- 2/4/09

i hope someone knows french and can share what those frenchies were babbling about as they came ashore
Old 02-05-09, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This was a disappointing episode. The fact that they revealed Jin as alive and finally started up the Rousseau storyline was the only thing that really saved it for me.

I was glad to see that Charlotte didn't die though. My fingers are crossed for these characters with their terrible migraines and nosebleeds. Maybe, just maybe, they can make it!

And here is something a bit off topic but I have to ask: was anyone else having sound problems? The audio was so low, it was hard to hear the actors voices and what they were saying at times. It's not a problem with my speakers, and I certainly hope it isn't a problem with my receiver (other stations were fine) but the audio seemed poor. That and even the video seemed weak -- like the frame rate was slightly faster than it should be. I found it very distracting tonight.

Last edited by GenPion; 02-05-09 at 02:10 AM.
Old 02-05-09, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by GenPion
And here is something a bit off topic but I have to ask: was anyone else having sound problems? The audio was so low, it was hard to hear the actors voices and what they were saying at times. It's not a problem with my speakers, and I certainly hope it isn't a problem with my receiver (other stations were fine) but the audio seemed poor.
Me too. I really had to crank it up tonight and they still sounded muffled. This is the first time it's happened for me.
Old 02-05-09, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Aegean2007
Me too. I really had to crank it up tonight and they still sounded muffled. This is the first time it's happened for me.
me too. the dialog sounded low and flat...then again, the sound for Lost is never that great to begin with.
Old 02-05-09, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I thought it was a solid episode.

Loved seeing Jin Back. Daniel Dae Kim's appearance was uncredited right?

Loved the reveal at the end with Rosseau and her expedition team. How old was Rosseau's daughter before she died last season?

I was watching on SD tonight and the audio was a little low. I had to crank up the volume higher than normal.

I think it's funny how they are attempting to fake Los Angeles in Hawaii. You can easily tell by how the streets look and the vegetation that they aren't in California.

The editing for this episode was very good. I really enjoyed how they managed to edit a season from season 1 into one of the segments.
Old 02-05-09, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

This was a disappointing episode. The fact that they revealed Jin as alive and finally started up the Rousseau storyline was the only thing that really saved it for me.
I wouldn't say it was disappointing, but with the introduction of time-shifting the island story is 10x more interesting than the off-island Oceanic 6 plot. It's hard to care about Jack, Kate & Co. when all you want to see is what happens to Sawyer, Daniel & Co. Had the time-shifting not been introduced, I think it would still be a 50-50 split on interesting storylines.

Speaking of time-shifting, they have shown that our group can interact with the Others in the past, but they haven't shown specifically if they can interact with their own group in the past. i.e. if Sawyer yelled out to Kate & Claire, would they hear or see him? They did show Daniel with Desmond, but that could be a special Constant connection thing. Then again, Jin could speak to Rouseau's team.

I wonder how far into the future they went when the camp was abandoned and they found the canoe. What happened to Rose & Bernard? Are they still skipping around on the same timeline as Sawyer et al? Or did they get thrown 'out of groove' on the record player and now skipping independently?

So many new questions.
Old 02-05-09, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 325 Likes on 243 Posts

You know your show is in bad shape when you feel the need to create a "Lost Untangled" primer for people who are actually WATCHING the show.

I need Dr. Emmett Brown and a chalkboard to keep things straight anymore. This season has become a confusing (albeit still well-acted) mess.
Old 02-05-09, 07:44 AM
Banned

And here is something a bit off topic but I have to ask: was anyone else having sound problems? The audio was so low, it was hard to hear the actors voices and what they were saying at times. It's not a problem with my speakers, and I certainly hope it isn't a problem with my receiver (other stations were fine) but the audio seemed poor. That and even the video seemed weak -- like the frame rate was slightly faster than it should be. I found it very distracting tonight.
Absolutely. The dialog was very muffled. I kept going through all the audio settings on my TV and cable box trying to fix it, but never could.

I also found it very distracting for about 10 minutes until I just got used to it.
Old 02-05-09, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,023 Likes on 813 Posts

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
You know your show is in bad shape when you feel the need to create a "Lost Untangled" primer for people who are actually WATCHING the show.

I need Dr. Emmett Brown and a chalkboard to keep things straight anymore. This season has become a confusing (albeit still well-acted) mess.
I was talking to a buddy of mine about this, what exactly is confusing about this show? There's a lot going on and a lot of motives, but it's been relatively straight forward, especially this season. The "Lost Untangled" bit seems more intuned with getting people to watch Life on Mars, which is getting horrible ratings, for extra tidbits of information than actually explaining anything.

Spoiler:
I mean, not to oversimplify, but aren't they basically time tripping (a convenient plot device to explain the island mysteries) while Locke tries to find a way off the island and Ben choreographs the return of those that left. Widmore was on the island as a youth and wants to get back. Gut instinct tells me Miles is wrong about changing the future and is more afraid of what might happen than the plainly stated nothing can happen.

Maybe I'm missing something, and that is probable, but it really doesn't seem so complicated. The one thing that is missing is that sense of mystery the series is known for, but it's a fun ride no less.

Last edited by RichC2; 02-05-09 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-05-09, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by RKillgore
Where do they get these semi-automatic dart pistols that hold at least four darts?
The same place they get a frozen wheel that, when turned, can move an island.
Old 02-05-09, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Loved the reveal at the end with Rosseau and her expedition team. How old was Rosseau's daughter before she died last season?
16. She will be born shortly after the time shown in this episode. Soon the other Frenchies will go mad and die off and Russo will set up the distress signal that the Losties discovered in the pilot episode that had been running for 16 years.
Old 02-05-09, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting tidbit. The name on Linus's van, Canton-Rainier, is an anagram for reincarnation.
Old 02-05-09, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Speaking of time-shifting, they have shown that our group can interact with the Others in the past, but they haven't shown specifically if they can interact with their own group in the past. i.e. if Sawyer yelled out to Kate & Claire, would they hear or see him? They did show Daniel with Desmond, but that could be a special Constant connection thing. Then again, Jin could speak to Rouseau's team.
I see no reason to think they couldn't interact with themselves but (and get ready to have your mind blown!) they don't because it didn't happen.

Locke didn't come up to Locke when he was confused/scared at the hatch as Boone was dying. Locke said it himself, "I needed that pain".

Sawyer could have easily rushed up to Kate and Claire, but he didn't for his own reasons. Had he have done it, it wouldn't have changed the timeline and he probably would have acted like it was their-present-day Sawyer.

One thing I'm liking about this is that the people left on the island are not going to be stuck on the island anywhere near 3 years like the O6 have experienced off-island. This is another reason why Sawyer rushing up to Kate wouldn't have made much sense. It's only been hours, maybe days, since they started jumping. If it had been 3 years, maybe he would have acted differently.

I like where this is going and there seems to be little filler in these episodes as both on and off island stuff is moving at a brisk pace. I suppose we're heading toward the beginning of this season with Faraday meeting Dr. Candle (who most definitely is Miles' father, that should be clear now) during the Orchid's construction.
Old 02-05-09, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Screencap from the report Sun was reading:

Old 02-05-09, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

So Charlotte's been on the island longer then anyone, followed buy Miles and then obviously Juliette? So then the question is is whether Miles is Haliwax's son and how Charlotte is connected to everything?
Old 02-05-09, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by pinata242
I see no reason to think they couldn't interact with themselves but (and get ready to have your mind blown!) they don't because it didn't happen.
Yeah, I think that all this stuff with them interacting with the past isn't changing the timeline - it has happened before and was fated to happen...
Old 02-05-09, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[QUOTE]was rousseau ever around jin during current time on the island? can't even remember
if she was why didn't she remember jin [QUOTE]

I was wondering this myself. It doesnt seem to make sense. Why doesn't she remember him when she meets the losties? And don't say it's because she's gone crazy because she was perfectly fine in season 4.

I'm glad you guys had audio issues too. I thought it was my speakers
Old 02-05-09, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks for the screengrab, Palaver.

Do we know who the "subject" is? It's obviously a woman and not Kate given the address.

Lee Chin is dead? Melissa? Yellow VW Beetle?

Is it simple and I'm overlooking it?
Old 02-05-09, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Timber
So Charlotte's been on the island longer then anyone, followed buy Miles and then obviously Juliette? So then the question is is whether Miles is Haliwax's son and how Charlotte is connected to everything?
I think this is backwards. I think Juliette > Miles > Charlotte. Because Miles said he'd never been there and Faraday asked "Are you sure?".

He expected to have the same problem (or worse) than Charlotte thinking he'd never been there.

This doesn't explain why Faraday, Locke, and Sawyer aren't having problems if Juliet is already experiencing them.
Old 02-05-09, 08:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Shannon Nutt
This was done to get people to watch Life on Mars. They are tanking badly in the ratings, although the show seems pretty interesting.
Old 02-05-09, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think this is backwards. I think Juliette > Miles > Charlotte. Because Miles said he'd never been there and Faraday asked "Are you sure?".

He expected to have the same problem (or worse) than Charlotte thinking he'd never been there.

This doesn't explain why Faraday, Locke, and Sawyer aren't having problems if Juliet is already experiencing them.

No i think you have it backwards. We don't know what Charlotte's connection is yet,but I think by them doing this to her they are hinting that she has been on the island before and for a significant amount of time. Miles is possibly Candle/Halliwax's son so that would explain him being there for a few years as a child and not remembering it. Juliet has only been there a few years and started her symptoms around the same time as Miles. Faraday/Locke/Sawyer have all been there for less time.
Old 02-05-09, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Yeah the whole Miles thing is confusing. He obviously has some connection to the island or he wouldn't have been picked for the team. They want us to believe that Charlotte has been there before, or at least that's what the hints point to.

I still think Charlotte has been there the longest. The losties have only been there a few months and Juliette a couple of years(?), and Faraday only a few days.
Old 02-05-09, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by tcoursen
No i think you have it backwards. We don't know what Charlotte's connection is yet,but I think by them doing this to her they are hinting that she has been on the island before and for a significant amount of time. Miles is possibly Candle/Halliwax's son so that would explain him being there for a few years as a child and not remembering it. Juliet has only been there a few years and started her symptoms around the same time as Miles. Faraday/Locke/Sawyer have all been there for less time.
I'm not saying this doesn't make sense, but as I recall the scene it supports the way I laid it out.

Miles asked why Charlotte and not him as he'd never been there either. "Are you sure?" asks Faraday.

Now this is all based on the assumption that Charlotte has never been there at all. Either she hasn't and I'm right or she's had the most time on the island and you're right.

Do we know either way? I think I remember her saying something about looking for her parents and that's why she came to the island, but I can't be sure.

Again, I'm just going off what was said last night and what we've seen in the show up to this point.
Old 02-05-09, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm trying not to wonder about why the outrigger canoe didn't disappear from underneath them during the time-jump.

Wifey and I are big Jin fans, so that was an awesome reveal.
Old 02-05-09, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Charlotte is Horace's daughter.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.