Search this Thread

Old 01-26-09, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
House -- "Big Baby" -- 1/26/09

House

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

When Cuddy decides to spend more time caring her baby, she hands some of her day-to-day responsibilities to Cameron. One of them is supervising House, whose patient is a very nice special-education teacher who collapsed in class. House doesn't think that her niceness is a good thing. Meanwhile, Foreman must make a critical decision regarding Thirteen's participation in the Huntington's drug trial.

Old 01-26-09, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts
Re: House -- "Big Baby" -- 1/26/09

Damn! I completely forgot it's on Mondays now and missed it. When is this episode showing up on Hulu?

Old 01-26-09, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by dhmac
Damn! I completely forgot it's on Mondays now and missed it. When is this episode showing up on Hulu?

You have the pleasure of waiting 8 long days!!
Old 01-27-09, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hated this episode so much. It's most likely my all-time most hated episode and has me seriously questioning if I should continue watching at all (although I know I will, because I'm as dumb as Kutner).

I was hoping House would fire Kutner for being a dumbass because I really hated that guy as he just stood there, like a dumbass, holding the phone up just so that stupid annoying baby could annoy people.

The only thing I found to be remotely interesting in this episode was Foreman's discussions of his ethical dilemma with Chase and House. But then Foreman would make googly eyes at Thirteen, or House would talk about love, and I'd go back to hating this episode's guts.
Old 01-27-09, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Odd, I really enjoyed this episode. Maybe because I like the Foreteen relationship. It's sad that Wilson is so hot for Cuddy but she barely acknowledges him as anything more then a friend. I even liked the case this week, I thought the patient was played well.
Old 01-27-09, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't mind Foreteen too much. For me, it's kind of like Denny was in season 2 of Grey's Anatomy. I couldn't stand him, but I knew he'd be gone soon enough (little did anyone know how wrong that was ). I don't like Thirteen, but I'm pretty sure this is all leading up to her exit, and at least it's causing Foreman to get up to no good.

What is really bothering me this season is all the Cuddy garbage. Did we ever have to see all of Wilson's domestic problems? No, so why this crap? And, of course, last nights episode made it crystal clear that Cuddy's never going anywhere.

Last edited by the big train; 01-27-09 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-27-09, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

i liked it. i'm enjoying how the newbs are standing up to House more than the original crew did. House asking for all kinds of crazy procedures was great.
Old 01-27-09, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Wilson handing Cuddy the fake aged photo was pretty funny just to inspire her to keep the baby.

Cuddy: I'll pay you back for the photo

Wilson: It was a picture that came with the frame, you can chuck it.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-27-09 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-27-09, 03:45 PM

I've got to say I hated most of this episode as well. Hate Foreteen - I mean a few episodes she was having 1-night stands with random chicks she picked up in bars and now she wants to have kids? Hated the way Cameron was dressed, she kinda looked botoxed up as well - could have sworn I've seen expressions on her face in prior seasons. Hate the baby (don't hate all babies, just not a fan of this new recurring guest star) but did enjoy the Wilson photo bit. Will always enjoy the Wilson bits.
Old 01-27-09, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by the big train
I was hoping House would fire Kutner for being a dumbass because I really hated that guy as he just stood there, like a dumbass, holding the phone up just so that stupid annoying baby could annoy people.
Your comment is funny to me because this was the first episode that I actually liked Kutner. He's the least developed of all the three new supporting characters (ooh, he has the world record for crawling ), it was refreshing to see him actually show some backbone and go over House's head (and Cameron's) directly to Cuddy. Holding the phone up didn't bother me too much since it was the plot device they used to have House solve the patient's problem.

Cameron was great, especially in "Cuddy" clothes and her attempts to manage House. However, I'm surprised no one on House's staff told her she was playing a dangerous game.

As for Foreteen storyline, I really don't like it as a whole. Thirteen is getting all soft ("I want kids!") and Foreman is losing his objectivity. I liked that House outed them as a couple, but why was he holding back? Sure, he basically told Cuddy she would be a horrible mother, but he didn't tell Thirteen that the appointment of another patient in the clinical trial had been moved to, paraphrase Foreman in the last episode, "lubricate a personal relationship."

Unless this is a multi-year study, Foreman could have just waited until the clinical trials are over and give Thirteen the drug without destroying the integrity of the study. Oh well, I guess it chalk it up to character development.
Old 01-28-09, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk God

I'm not a fan of Lisa E's new hairstyle. The bangs need to go ASAP.

I was entertained by the episode except the stuff with Cuddy and the baby which I found really annoying. Especially when they were doing the procedure and the baby was screaming in the background. I understand they are trying to humanize Cuddy and not make her such an uptight bitch.
Old 01-28-09, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put me in the dislike category. Really the first episode where I just was tired of his routine. Wife and I were both annoyed with House througout. I mean it's just a rehash..now he's giving Cameron a hard time like he did Cuddy in the beginning. Now he's bugging Foreman and Thirteen instead of Cameron and Chase. It's just all the same stuff. At least for a while it seemed like House was growing as a person a bit, and then it just switched back to constant juvenile crap.

I'll watch until it's pulled off the air, but I sure hope there's some character progression soon..
Old 01-28-09, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dgmayor
It's just all the same stuff. ..
It has honestly been that way from day one.
Old 01-28-09, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm somewhere in the "dislike" through "it was OK" category range. I still maintain first two seasons of the show were its best.

Last edited by GradVT06; 01-28-09 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-28-09, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

When the baby wouldn't stop screaming, I thought for a second that Cuddy was going to shake the shit out of it. Or smother it, or something. In the OR, House and group would hear the cries suddenly cut off. That would've been cool.

I liked how House is always convinced that someone who is extra-nice has brain damage, but then watched in shock how the teacher was still sweet to her student even after her treatment.
Old 01-29-09, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
When the baby wouldn't stop screaming, I thought for a second that Cuddy was going to shake the shit out of it. Or smother it, or something. In the OR, House and group would hear the cries suddenly cut off. That would've been cool.
I thought the exact same thing.

I liked the episode. Didn't love it - but it was miles over last week. I hate the Foreman/Thirteen relationship. It looks so forced.
Old 01-29-09, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by GradVT06
I'm somewhere in the "dislike" through "it was OK" category range. I still maintain first two seasons of the show were its best.
I agree. That baby crying over the speaker with that chick's skull open was enough to drive me crazy.
Old 01-30-09, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

is it me or are the subplots on this show just bringing the whole show down? I mean who gives a rats ass about Cutty and her baby and the Foreman/13 thing???..zzzzzzzz
we need more House doing clinic duty again
Old 01-30-09, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I when they were hearing the ladies history and basicly said don't let house anywhere near her.
Old 02-01-09, 04:47 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

House's line about the teacher "bleeding all over Corky" had me