TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Did "The Sarah Silverman Program" get cancelled?

Old 05-14-10, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Did "The Sarah Silverman Program" get cancelled?

Originally Posted by dsa_shea View Post
I just watched that video and I don't see how it was funny or even amusing. I guess I feel the same way about it that many people feel about Tim & Eric (which I really liked).
I just watched it and stuck with it to the end hoping for a big payoff, but ehhh..

If that is the best from this season - then I can see why it is gone.
Old 05-16-10, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Not a big fan of this show, but it was being paired with Important Things With Demetri Martin. They suddenly disappeared from their Thurs 10pm time slot and a couple of weeks later I saw they had both been moved to midnight EST. Does anyone know if Important Things got cancelled too?
Old 05-16-10, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ. View Post
I just watched it and stuck with it to the end hoping for a big payoff, but ehhh..

If that is the best from this season - then I can see why it is gone.
I guess they just decided that they didn't want to do it any longer. Supposedly they will start filming the Billion Dollar Movie that will have several of the actors from the show in it. They said they wanted to have a "Godfather" like ending for the show in which they sort of did. I'm not really sure what kind of "payoff" you were expecting as this show wasn't a serial like LOST or Prison Break. I thought this ending was suitable for this type of show.

After re-reading your post I think you were talking about the Sarah Silverman Show which I enver watched. My response above is in regards to Tim and Eric.

Last edited by dsa_shea; 05-16-10 at 12:37 PM.