Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Biggest Loser: Couples 2009 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-09, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Biggest Loser: Couples 2009 Thread

Who got eliminated tonight and what happened with Ron going to the hospital?

Bad weather = no electricity for most of tonight...
Old 04-01-09, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if you saw earlier, but Nicole was brought back to the ranch (She won the eliminated player weigh-in, having lost 87 pounds at home, almost as much as Tara.)

She would have had immunity this week as long as she did not gain weight.

At the end weigh-in, she somehow GAINED 5 pounds. She was voted out.

Ron went to the hospital and his heart was fine, but he had a bleedling ulcer in the unused part of his stomach from the gastric bypass. He also gained weight, said it was from the hospital pumping him with fluids.
Old 04-01-09, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks. Looks like I missed a lot.. I guess this week just turned out to be a freebie to those that had made it this far. How did Tara do last night?
Old 04-01-09, 10:28 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leeta
Thanks. Looks like I missed a lot.. I guess this week just turned out to be a freebie to those that had made it this far. How did Tara do last night?
Tara lost 6 lbs, which I think was third best behind Mike and Helen. Mike was last night's biggest loser with 11 lbs. Lara actually gained a pound, but stayed above the yellow line because Helen and Ron gained more.
Old 04-07-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, with each passing week I hate Ron a little bit more. It's not that he didn't have a right to be upset, but still -- I just don't like dude at all.

I don't know how likely it is, but I hope Kristen finds a way to win. She's such a sweetheart.
Old 04-08-09, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate Ron, but not as much as those whiny bitches Filipe and Sione. There behaviour has been reprehensible, so I wasn't really shedding a tear when Sione went home. What they have accomplished is incredible, but they bugged the shit out of me. Tara has definitely started to plateau and I don't know if she can hang on. Michael is kicking ass though - even if his Dad is a total prick.
Old 04-15-09, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Didnt "they" all keep Ron when he was hurt? I thought they did, so why was he all against keeping Laura (besides the obvious)?

I was so rooting for Tara when she fell off the rope and then beat dipshit in the end of that challenge. They all get so scared of her and give up in the end.
Old 04-15-09, 11:16 PM

The Taranator strikes again. Wins challenges. That's what she does. It's all she does. I can't fathom how she ever got so fat to begin with. I am rooting for her to win it all, with Mikey a close second. They both are looking great.

It was heart-wrenching to see Mikes brother feeling that he's the odd one out now in his family. What I don't get, is how their mom, who is not fat, let her sons follow in the foot steps of their father on the path to morbid obesity. And what has been going on with Matt during the time his dad and brother have been away? You would think, with the help of his mom, he would have started some sort of weight loss regimen of his own, but I get the impression he nor his mom haven't done anything, so sad.
Old 04-22-09, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I found it funny that Helen got so mad at Tara for taking the 10K, and then Tara was all saying she needed Helen as she was there for her the whole week, so she voted for Kristin. Wonder what Tara thought when she saw the episode of Helen crying about the money.

Glad Kristin is gone!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-09, 12:36 AM

Kristin is a hypocrite. She votes out Dane cause he's the biggest threat then calls Mike a coward for doing the exact same thing.

F her.

And f Ron too. Zoidberg bastard.

Go Tara.
Old 05-12-09, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Phod
Kristin is a hypocrite. She votes out Dane cause he's the biggest threat then calls Mike a coward for doing the exact same thing.

F her.

And f Ron too. Zoidberg bastard.

Go Tara.
Yeah, when the shoe is on the other food... Felipe tried the same tactic and it didn't work either.

Go Tara. I can't get over how many times she doubts herself and then smokes the others in just about every competition and in weigh-ins by always staying above the yellow line.

It was pretty incredible that Tara and Helen ran the marathon. That is some feat. I wonder if they sat and rested in between. I wasn't sure they would be able to do it. Props for Mike and Ron for walking it even if it took 1/2 day for Ron.

Who is going to guess that Mike will make it into the final 3? If the viewers are like the folks here, they all hate Ron. I think the guy is just playing the game even though he outright lies (which really is part of the game too).
Mike thinks he's going to win because he has more weight to lose but Tara's likely to take it because it's all about percentages.

Who do you think is going to be the Biggest Loser tonight?
Old 05-12-09, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope its Tara.

I can not wait to see Joelle and Carla, though. Wonder if they made up. lol Love the drama!!
Old 05-12-09, 07:56 AM

Odd as it may seem, all the Ron haters should have voted for him, for he played the hell out of this game to get his son to the end and not seeing him get there would be a big disappointment to him. It would also better the chances of Tara winning, because Ron is nowhere near the threat that Mike is. But looking at the numbers you dont want to discount Helen from taking it all

percentages are:

Tara: 45.92 % (294lbs-159lbs)
Mike: 44.85 % (388lbs-214lbs)
Helen: 42.8 % (257lbs-147lbs)
Ron: 35.12 % (430lbs-279lbs)

But Helen already weighs 147lbs so I think it would be hard for her to shed off the necessary pounds to pass Mike and Tara, who I both think will get to at least the 50 percent mark. I think it's going to be Tara in the end that wins, with Mike a close second.

The person I am looking foward to seeing the most at the finale is Daniel, the 19 year old who came in weighing 458lbs at 5'8". I had hoped his stay at the campus would have been longer, for the boy needed it. I am hoping he did well.
Old 05-13-09, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jerry killed the at home competitors and his transformation was pretty incredible. Disappointed that Helen won it - she was the least interesting person of the 3, Mike and Tara deserved it WAY MORE...when Helen sent her daughter home out of sheer selfishness, I sort of turned on her...so to have her win was kind of blah. I was surprised the one guy from Orange even showed up for the finale - talk about awkward.
Old 05-13-09, 11:26 AM

Yeah, Jerry rocked it at home. At his age, his victory amongst the at home competitors was shocking. Just as shocking was Helen's victory and appearance. Damn, she was awfully skinning. But hey, with a quarter million bucks at stake she had to get to that extreme to be able to beat the other two. I sure wanted Tara to win though, since she totally dominated thoughout the game. Can't believe she was only able to lose 20 pounds since leaving the ranch, whereas Mike lost 30 and Helen 33. Only 5 more pounds seperated them two from beating Helen. I think I would be kicking myelf for a long time over those 5 pounds.

As for that orange team member, you just knew from his "after he went home video" (the dude was putting fried chicken on his plate even though the camera was on him) that he would be coming back without being much lighter, not with that attitude. Have to give credit to his team member Dan, who gets it, and lost 82 pounds at home. Good for him.

Can't wait until next season to start. I like to workout while watching the show and watching Jillian and Bob push them through their last chance workouts motivates me.
Old 05-13-09, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mdc3000
I was surprised the one guy from Orange even showed up for the finale - talk about awkward.
Originally Posted by monkyskunk
As for that orange team member, you just knew from his "after he went home video" (the dude was putting fried chicken on his plate even though the camera was on him) that he would be coming back without being much lighter, not with that attitude.
tell me about it. guy didn't even deserve an applause. way to take a chance that people dream of and shit all over it.

same goes for aubrey. she was doing well on campus, then went home and gained 9 pounds. and she didn't look like she lost any of that before last night either. shame.

this was my first season watching. they really milk the shit out of that 3 hours, don't they? i thought it was odd that after all that milking, helen wins, and it's just "congrats", and the show ends. they even cut off allison mid-sentence. maybe if she didn't pause for a breath after every four damn words...

was *very* happy to see jerry win. amazing. wasn't nearly as happy to see helen win. though i have to say, every time i thought she was done this year, she had good week after good week. she almost looked too skinny though. i think it's her shoulders.

mike looked incredible. absolutely amazing what he's done with himself. hope that rubs off on his brother. as for tara, she looks great, but still has a little ways to go. she still looked big from the waist down.

and am i the only one who wanted to jump through my television and strangle the fucking degenerates holding up the sign for jerry that said "cousins of the biggest looser". for fuck's sake, you're on national tv. either look up the name of the show or consult a first-grader if you need help spelling loser. they showed that damn sign like 50 times too. idiots.
Old 05-13-09, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mkdevo
wasn't nearly as happy to see helen win. though i have to say, every time i thought she was done this year, she had good week after good week. she almost looked too skinny though. i think it's her shoulders.
We were very disappointed with Helen, too, especially knowing that she forced her daughter out. I wonder if they could've worn out the whole "OMG!! She's 48!!!" deal some more. That's a pretty stupid drum to bang.

Anyway, she looked like a boxer who went through a last minute torture diet to make weight. It's always shocking to see these transformations, but she looked sick and unnatural.
Old 05-13-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by mkdevo
and am i the only one who wanted to jump through my television and strangle the fucking degenerates holding up the sign for jerry that said "cousins of the biggest looser".
They weren't referring to him being the winner of the show, they were referring to him being the biggest looser, as in, has the most loose skin hanging around now that he's dropped so much weight
Old 05-13-09, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
We were very disappointed with Helen, too, especially knowing that she forced her daughter out. I wonder if they could've worn out the whole "OMG!! She's 48!!!" deal some more. That's a pretty stupid drum to bang.

Anyway, she looked like a boxer who went through a last minute torture diet to make weight. It's always shocking to see these transformations, but she looked sick and unnatural.
I have to agree. She definitely deserved to win because she literally worked her butt off but it was selfish to do it over her daughter. And with all the loose skin around her neck, she really looked TOO skinny at 117. Helen looked healthier 30lbs heavier for the final week at the ranch.

It's too bad Tara didn't win. She dominated the rest of the show.

Jerry's transformation was remarkable. The guy turned into a stick. I just didn't ever expect that. He must have gone through 2 cases of Ex-Lax! Kudos to him for winning the $100K.

All of the final 3 could cut back on the fake tans! LOL

They cut the victory short but they did the same thing last season when Michelle won. A few seasons ago, people in the audience were allowed to ask questions of the contestants but now most of the final is taken over by clips.

Some of these people lost over 50% of the body weight. I don't know how or if they can't top it next season. The girl who won the contest to appear next season wasn't all that big.
Old 05-14-09, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the real Biggest Loser was Allison - damn, I can't believe she lost all that baby weight already (and looks like she lost even more than that.) She looked amazing.

I wish Tara would have won. Helen just seemed to fly under the radar all season.