Search this Thread

Old 12-30-08, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Leverage -- "The Bank Shot Job" -- 12/30/08

Leverage

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Nate and his squad's quest to rout a corrupt judge in a sleepy desert hamlet goes awry when they get swept up in a bank heist, and Nate, Sophie and their mark are taken hostage. As they try to continue their con with cool stealth, they must also outwit the amateur robbers.

The only new show on tonight.
Old 12-30-08, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just finished watching it via DVR and thoroughly enjoyed this episode. In fact, I would rate this ep second only to the pilot (Nigerian Job).

Lots of good coverage of Parker and Hardison in this epsisode, which I think added to the overall episode quality.

I'm really sort of surprised that one of the big 3 didn't pick this show up instead of TNT. It seems it could work in prime time on a major.
Old 12-31-08, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You should be thankful that none of the big three did pick it up. Otherwise, this might have been the last episode. The way the networks axe any show that has a possiblity of being good, this show would probably be on its last legs.
Old 12-31-08, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Great episode after last weeks so-so one. Lot of great moments in this, my favorite being the judge stuttering like an idiot at the end.

Next weeks looks like a good one.

Also, as for the comments about if this show would make it on network TV...yes and no. This would work well on CBS, par it with one of the CSI's or The Mentalist. On the others, I do see anything that would work with it (on a related note, is there any "fun" show on network TV anymore?). Either way, glad to have it on cable.
Old 12-31-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Great episode with lots of humor, witty dialogue. This is another show that doesn't get enough recognition here. Under 100 hits and 3 comments? C'Mon people, you are missing out if your not watching. Seems like original cable shows not on FX don't get alot of love.

I loved the scenes with Parker and Hardison pretending to the FBI agents. The final scene where Hardison manipulated the judge was great.

Love Christian Kane. He is such a badass on this show. Those hostage takers were such dimwits.
Old 12-31-08, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
And I still have to wonder why thieves want to put themselves into possible life threatening situations when they had a huge score in the first episode that pretty much takes care of them financially? Don't get me wrong.. I love the show, but this still boggles me.
Old 12-31-08, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by devilshalo
And I still have to wonder why thieves want to put themselves into possible life threatening situations when they had a huge score in the first episode that pretty much takes care of them financially? Don't get me wrong.. I love the show, but this still boggles me.
That thought pops up in my head sometimes too. But it's a not-so-serious show, so I just assume it's for the thrills of being in the game and helping people out -- even thought they are technically "bad guys".
Old 01-01-09, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Nth Power
That thought pops up in my head sometimes too. But it's a not-so-serious show, so I just assume it's for the thrills of being in the game and helping people out -- even thought they are technically "bad guys".
That's the thing tho.. they were fine being loners prior to Nathan gathering them for the job. Other than Sophie (who has a past with Nate) Parker, Spencer and Hardison don't seem the type to play well wth others.

But you know, I still enjoy the show, this along with Burn Notice will keep my dvr occupied.
Old 01-01-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
fun, fun show. really enjoying it because the show doesn't take itself too seriously.
Old 01-01-09, 06:50 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
nice episode, enjoying this show

Not quite yet as good as the UK show Hustle but still good
Old 01-05-09, 09:00 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
This is another show that doesn't get enough recognition here. Under 100 hits and 3 comments? C'Mon people, you are missing out if your not watching. Seems like original cable shows not on FX don't get alot of love.
There's really not much discussion about any episodic show with no strong underlying storyline. This is a "fire and forget" show...there's not much to "discuss" about any given episode.