DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Friday Night Lights Season 3 General Question (NO SPOILERS) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/546408-friday-night-lights-season-3-general-question-no-spoilers.html)

jackepstein 12-24-08 04:12 PM

Friday Night Lights Season 3 General Question (NO SPOILERS)

Overall, how was the third season of FNL? Better, worse, or the same as the second season? No spoilers please, just general statements.

JuryDuty 12-24-08 04:19 PM

In my opinion, season 3 is MUCH more close to season 1, which I believe makes it better than season 2. I don't think it's a spoiler to say the show once again has become more Coach-centric as it was in season 1, which is always good.

There are only something like 15 episodes, so they made them count. So far, there haven't really been any "throw away" episodes. Well, except for the one musical one.

Ayre 12-24-08 04:22 PM

I would say 3 is better than 1. This has been an amazing season.

Brian Gentz 12-24-08 04:27 PM

yeah 3 is way more season 1 than 2. I wouldn't say better than the first season, but it is able to hold up next to it a lot better than 2. Another more subtle improvement is the return of Landry as a fun character.

Patman 12-24-08 04:27 PM

Season 3 is must-see-TV. 2 more episodes to go in this fine 3rd season.

Red Dog 12-24-08 04:32 PM

S1 can't be topped, but it's better than S2.

jackepstein 12-24-08 04:35 PM

awesome! I can't wait for s3 to start airing on NBC.

DJariya 12-24-08 04:56 PM

Agree with everyone here. Season 3 has been awesome. It's been must-see TV for me every week. I'm actually glad the season is only 13 episodes. It's much better/tighter story telling without the usual filler episodes.

sb5 12-24-08 05:55 PM

Yup, I also agree with the crowd: S3 has been fantastic (almost as good as S1), and easily superior to S2.

Septemberbaby 12-24-08 06:27 PM

We've been having a marathon of Season 2 all day today...
And I have to say.. I think it's getting a bad rap. Yeah.. there was that one storyline that they probably hoped would be better received.. but even that was extremely well acted. And I also think that they were getting their mojo back when the whistle blew and had to cut it off at 15 episodes.
I also agree that Season Three is excellent. Definitely, Must See Tv.
I'm curious to see how NBC is going to promote this... It's already the 3rd week of December and I've seen commercials for all the new shows starting in Jan. except this one. :( Why am I surprised?

MadMark 12-24-08 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby (Post 9154358)
I'm curious to see how NBC is going to promote this... It's already the 3rd week of December and I've seen commercials for all the new shows starting in Jan. except this one. :( Why am I surprised?

I'd like to think there's a special place in hell already reserved for the NBC execs responsible for Superstars of Dance and Howie Do It (FNL's lead-in -ohbfrank-:mad2:). As well as for anyone who voluntarily watches them.

Topic? I agree that Season 3 is close to, but not quite as good as Season 1. It's definitely better than Season 2.

sb5 12-24-08 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby (Post 9154358)
We've been having a marathon of Season 2 all day today...
And I have to say.. I think it's getting a bad rap. Yeah.. there was that one storyline that they probably hoped would be better received.. but even that was extremely well acted.

I agree. The Landry/Tyra plotline (and a few other plot elements) seemed out of place for the show, but the show was still well-acted, and worth watching.

It doesn't change that I think S2 is the weakest of the 3 seasons, though.

JimmySRU 12-24-08 09:51 PM

when will it air for us without direct tv

Septemberbaby 12-24-08 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by JimmySRU (Post 9154574)
when will it air for us without direct tv

I believe it starts: Friday, January 16th. 9pm est.

Edited and with commercials!

Yep.. y'all should have signed up for Directv! ;)