Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Guess Who's Set for a Cameo in the Superbowl Sunday Office?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-08, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

No, it's not a poll. Here's the answer:

Spoiler:

NEW YORK - Jack Black is headed to "The Office," guest-starring in an episode slated to air during a ratings-rich time slot - after the Super Bowl.

The Feb. 1 episode of the sitcom, titled "Stress Relief," will follow the office drones as they try to secretly watch a bootlegged Hollywood movie at work. The network did not say how Black will factor into the story line.
Old 12-16-08, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 12-16-08, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm not sure how this will be myself. But the episode premise seems funny.
Old 12-16-08, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I fucking hate him. Ugh.
Old 12-16-08, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was hoping for a visit from across the pond.
Old 12-16-08, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JuryDuty
No, it's not a poll. Here's the answer:

Spoiler:

NEW YORK - Jack Black is headed to "The Office," guest-starring in an episode slated to air during a ratings-rich time slot - after the Super Bowl.

The Feb. 1 episode of the sitcom, titled "Stress Relief," will follow the office drones as they try to secretly watch a bootlegged Hollywood movie at work. The network did not say how Black will factor into the story line.

Spoiler:
Maybe the Sweded the movie
Old 12-16-08, 05:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe this will make everyone else happier!

Spoiler:
[12.16.08 - 12:29 PM]

JESSICA ALBA TO GUEST-STAR IN NBC'S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED POST SUPERBOWL EPISODE OF EMMY-WINNING 'THE OFFICE'

Released by NBC
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JESSICA ALBA TO GUEST-STAR IN NBC'S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED POST SUPERBOWL EPISODE OF EMMY-WINNING 'THE OFFICE'

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - December 16, 2008 - Actress Jessica Alba ("Fantastic Four,") is set to guest star in the upcoming post Super Bowl episode of "The Office." The announcement was made by Angela Bromstad, President, Primetime Entertainment, NBC and Universal Media Studios.

In one plot of the special post Super Bowl episode of "The Office," some of the office workers try to secretly watch a bootlegged Hollywood movie during the workday. Alba and comedic actor Jack Black will play characters in the bootleg movie.

The special hour-long episode titled "Stress Relief" will premiere immediately following "Super Bowl XLIII" Sunday, February 1 (10:30-11:30 p.m. ET; simultaneously to all time zones) on NBC. Season five of the Emmy-Award winning series will continue airing in its regular time slot; Thursdays (9-9:30 p.m. ET/PT) on NBC.

"The Office" is executive-produced by Ben Silverman, Greg Daniels, who developed the series for American audiences, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, Howard Klein and Paul Lieberstein and Jennifer Celotta and produced by Reveille LLC, Deedle Dee Productions and Universal Media Studios.

Alba first achieved worldwide recognition as the lead character in James Cameron's "Dark Angel." In the series, Alba portrayed Max, a genetically enhanced human prototype who escapes from her government captors only to live out her life on the run in the underground of 21st century Seattle. In the series' first season, she was nominated for a Golden Globe and a People's Choice Award. She was voted the TV Guide Award as Breakout Star of the Year by readers, and won Favorite TV Actress at the 2001 Teen Choice Awards. "Dark Angel" has been a success around the world, helping to establish her as an international star.

Her early feature film credits include "Never Been Kissed," starring and produced by Drew Barrymore, as well as the thriller "Idle Hands." She later starred as the title character in the romance film "The Sleeping Dictionary." Her first starring role in a major studio film was the 2003 release "Honey." The contemporary urban drama from Universal Pictures grossed over $60-million worldwide.

In 2005 she starred opposite Bruce Willis and an all-star cast in the provocative and critically acclaimed "Sin City," directed by Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller. She next starred as Sue Storm 'The Invisible Girl' in Marvel Comics' action-franchise blockbuster "Fantastic Four," which was released in July 2005 and became a worldwide box-office success, with over $300 million in revenue. Later the same year, she starred in the 2005 underwater action-adventure, "Into the Blue." In 2005, the combined worldwide box office for "Fantastic Four," "Sin City" and "Into the Blue" totaled over half a billion dollars. There is talk of a sequel to "Sin City" and the second installment of the popular comic book adaptation "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer" opened to worldwide success in June 2007.

Alba co-starred in the psychological thriller "Awake" with Terrence Howard, Hayden Christiansen and Lena Olin, and the hit comedy "Good Luck Chuck" opposite Dane Cook. Alba went on to star in the remake of Hong Kong's psychological horror hit "The Eye," and then co-starred with Mike Myers and Justin Timberlake in the summer comedy "The Love Guru." Next up, she stars in "An Invisible Sign of My Own," filmed on location in New York for release in 2009.

Chris
Old 12-16-08, 05:55 PM

Here's another one:

Old 12-16-08, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fhew. Based on that press report, I though it would be worse. I'll take that premise over what I thought would happen.

I'm guessing NBC wanted a little well-known star power in the post Super Bowl Office.
Old 12-16-08, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Damn, I was hoping the answer was Ricky Gervais.
Old 12-16-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ah, that makes me MUCH happier.

Cartload, I agree.
Old 12-16-08, 08:13 PM
Premium Member

Received 692 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by starman9000
I was hoping for a visit from across the pond.
THAT would be a great upgrade to the show and could bring in a ton of freshness.
Old 12-17-08, 10:10 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

That's a pretty novel way to feature guest stars, better than the Friends/Will & Grace/30 Rock approach where either they try to pass these big names off as 'regular' people, or worse have them play themselves and tryto make it seem like these famous faces are showing up in Scranton.

Last edited by DRG; 12-17-08 at 10:15 AM.