0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 12/11/08

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-08, 01:52 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MrE
Given her lack of social skills, Susie is playing amazingly well. No one makes it to the final five by "floating". Crystal's mouth sent her home, but after seeing Randy get booted for essentially the same reason, she should have shut up. I like Sugar, except when accuses other people of doing exactly what she's done. Her putdown of Randy (got to love that mohawk!) was cringe-worthy, even if Mr. "I only love my dog" deserved it. Kenny is a gamer who over thinks and over plays his hand, which is why he probably won't be in the final three. Matty has physical skills, but is lacking in brainpower and confidence. Bob has been the most impressive player of this season: physically competitive, incredibly smart and get extra points for the false idols. If anyone "deserves" to win, it's him. But then again it's a game, so they all do.
Agree 100% with this.

As much as I'd like to see Bob win, I think now I'm hoping it's Susie, Sugar, and Kenny in the final 3 - just so the "cool kids" that already have solidified the majority in the jury (something to be proud of...losers) are pissed off.

Last edited by aktick; 12-12-08 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-12-08, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wolf359
The whole thing with Sugar giving Matty the HII was cool, but didn't matter at all. Crystal was still gone anyway. Would have been more fun otherwise.
Wasn't the vote 3-3?
Old 12-12-08, 02:20 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Lunatikk
Wasn't the vote 3-3?
Nope, 4-2. Just Kenny and Crystal voted Matty.
Old 12-12-08, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
I am not sure Matty has a good argument because I don't think he's made many strategic moves to changed the course of the game, not like Kenny or Sugar. Matty's been mainly a physical style of player.
Well, Matty did get Sugar to turn on Crystal/Kenny. Though Kenny/Crystal certainly helped by acting like jerks, Matty planted the seed in Sugar's mind that led to her hooking up with Bob. I know Matty hasn't really done much strategically on a "game changing" scale, but I just like him for some reason. He has done what he had to do to get to this point.
Old 12-12-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How'd they get Susie to flip?
Old 12-12-08, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by TwineTime
(watch the Ponderosa videos from last night for an example of how to take pretentious douche to a new level).
I didn't watch the video but just read the interviews with Crystal, those 4 are something. I guess they think they are the cool cliq of assholes.
Old 12-12-08, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
definately appears as though a lot of Susie gets dropped on the cutting room floor. Like when Crystal was bitching about all the time Matty spends with Susie...? I don't think I've seen them interact at all on the show. That also leads me to believe that she doesn't make the finals, but who knows.

I really hope that they pull a fast one on us and the survivors and go back to a final 2. I've always hated the final 3, mostly because the 3 person endurance immunity challenge where the winner gets to pick the other finalist is one of my favorite parts of survivor.
Old 12-12-08, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Lunatikk
How'd they get Susie to flip?
Kenny and Crystal got her to flip against the Kota members by pointing out she was low woman on the totem pole. She helped put Marcus on the jury and started the spiral that caused pretty much everyone up to Crystal on that jury.

If it were me, Susie would be my choice for the final 2, simply because you could argue she's the sole reason they're on the wrong side of the vote and because other than that, she hasn't been all that strategic. Plus Randy hates her so I'm assuming the rest do too.
Old 12-12-08, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Wolf359
The whole thing with Sugar giving Matty the HII was cool, but didn't matter at all. Crystal was still gone anyway. Would have been more fun otherwise.
Not necessarily. We don't know how Suzie voted. And perhaps Sugar couldn't trust Suzie's vote even if Suzie did agree to vote for Crystal. If Suzie didn't vote for Crystal it would have been a tie.
Old 12-13-08, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by agent2099
Not necessarily. We don't know how Suzie voted. And perhaps Sugar couldn't trust Suzie's vote even if Suzie did agree to vote for Crystal. If Suzie didn't vote for Crystal it would have been a tie.
Matty said he likes Susie and hated Crystal and Kenny when he was alone with Sugar. Sugar later said that Susie will basically vote how Matty will vote. This says that Matty and Susie are very close and that Kenny and Crystal are very close. Sugar may align herself with Bob. Kenny could be the swing vote on Sunday or he could be the next one to go.
Old 12-13-08, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Bob would have been the bigger "not necessarily". Bob had been working with Kenny & Crystal and said he didn't know if he could trust Sugar or not. Either way, I agree - the HII needed to be played just to be safe - and why not since it was the last time it could be played.
Old 12-13-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hugely entertaining ep. Was nice to see the Crystal/Kenny alliance destroyed.

Would like to see a final three of Bob, Matty, and Sugar. While I'd prefer a Sugar win (she's been my fave all season), I can see Bob getting the nod because of his dominance at the competitions. (Although the fake idol thing might come back to bite him in the ass.)
Old 12-13-08, 11:30 AM
Jim
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Susie voted for Crystal. In case you turn off the TV right after the vote, they show the votes during the parting words while the credits are playing.
Old 12-13-08, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts
Great move by Sugar--I think I just became a fan! I guess I should have seen it coming but I didn't. And even though it didn't really affect the final vote, it made for great theater.

And for those who think Crystal has been covering up her Olympic ability just so she wouldn't appear to be a threat... you can tell her it's OK to really start playing now.
Old 12-13-08, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I love what Sugar did. Bob and Matty are awesome. I think Kenny is a prick and Cyrstal is as useless as a tree stump.

With that said, I'm not so sure she made the best strategic move. I think in the pecking order she was a step above Susie so she seems like a final 3 candidate and would have had a much better chance of winning against Crystal and Kenny.

The players this season have been playing an incredibly emotional game. It seems like most of the power moves were based on emotion rather than good strategy. Sugar picked Matty and Bob because she didn't like the way Matty was being treated even though she knows that she doesn't stand a chance against Bob at the final Tribal.

I love how Bob was able to keep his word in regards to giving Kenny the immunity idol. I think Bob has a good chance at winning that 100k (if he doesn't win the game).

I can't wait to see Kenny's reaction in the finale.

I think Sugar has a good chance of winning it all. I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. Then again, I think too many jury members will vote based on emotion rather than giving it to the player that played the better game. Other than Bob she has played the best game.
Old 12-13-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat3001
I think Sugar has a good chance of winning it all. I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. Then again, I think too many jury members will vote based on emotion rather than giving it to the player that played the better game. Other than Bob she has played the best game.
I don't see that at all. I go back and forth on Sugar. She plays to the camera a lot so there are times I like her and times I don't, but I do think she's made a series of strategic blunders if her goal is to win the money.

First, she voted off her strongest ally (Ace)...someone who was using her, but wouldn't have betrayed her until probably around this point in the game if at all...based on a lie that she was kinda dumb to believe. That ended up working out for her anyway, but it doesn't make it a good move.

Second, she has apparently not filtered her personality around camp so that there are a number of jury member who don't like her at all. Some would say that it is because of their failings as people, but you have to account for that too. Matty is on decent terms with Corinne, and he was actually friends with Randy. Sugar went out of her way to piss both of them off (e.g. childish behavior at auction and tribal councils).

Finally, while I certainly enjoyed the results of this week's tribal council if your goal was to win the money then keeping Matty and Bob around so you can vote out Crystal is just really not a good strategic move. If there is anyone out there who is liked less than Sugar then it is Crystal. She'd have a shot at beating her, and Crystal and Kenny would have most likely taken Sugar to the final 3 so it was about improving her game position either. She just made a rash, emotional decision. Sugar's best (and probably only) shot at winning was in a Crystal-Susie-Sugar final 3. If you had to break that alliance then vote out Kenny.
Old 12-14-08, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts
Charlie is just as much a tool as anyone. He said himself that he felt like a second grader for the silent treatment bullshit that the other losers decided to pull on Crystal. Well I got news for you asshole, you aren't relying on their vote for a million dollars because you are a jury member just like they are and no matter how bad you want it Marcus is not going to bang you. So if you don't agree with acting like an immature child, then don't go along with them. As much as I hate the non-athletic useless jerkoff that Crystal is, she does not deserve to be totally ignored like she doesn't exist at Ponderosa.
Old 12-14-08, 03:38 PM

This was a fantastic episode... as most of you have said, it was great seeing the end of the Crystal/Kenny alliance.

Here's hoping Bob, Matty, and Sugar at the final three!
Old 12-15-08, 11:36 AM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I don't think there has ever been a survivor so useless at EVERY SINGLE CHALLENGE. I can't remember one thing that she wasn't horrible in. Then she couldn't even dunk that ball when she was trying to show off! And she didn't even have to jump!

wow, just... wow.