Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles --"Strange Things Happen..1 2 Point"--11/24/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles --"Strange Things Happen..1 2 Point"--11/24/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-08, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts

Terminator: TSCC

Episode Title: "Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point"

Another long as episode title. I had to paraphrase it in the thread title.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Sarah tracks the Turk; Jesse's plans complicate matters; Ellison meets an important person through Weaver.

Old 11-24-08, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So I guess they sent Riley back as a love interest in an effort to separate John from Cameron. Kinda weird what Jesse said about John and Cameron in the future; how he spends all his time with her and only talks to her...not sure where they're going with that...
Old 11-24-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Another solid episode as far as Derek and Ellison are concerned. Those two ARE the show as far as I am concerned and every week I care more about what happens with them than I do John and Sarah.

Derek and Ellison are what really make this show interesting. I really wish they would focus more on what is going on with Ellison, The Urinator, and the A.I. she is working on... Babylon or John Henry or whatever they're calling it. I thought it was VERY interesting when Ellison was interrogating "John Henry." Glad to see the guy playing Cromartie is back too, and it'll be interesting to have him play "John Henry," who seems more like an inquisitive/naive child than anything else.

Glad to see some actual information about Riley and glad to see people's suspicions were correct in that she is from the future. Didn't really care for the whole subplot with Sarah, but I was glad to see her kicking ass and taking names for a change.
Old 11-24-08, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I the only one finding this show harder and harder to follow? Or maybe I'm just losing interest and can't remember previous episodes. Maybe some people here can help refresh my memory:

Things that made me try to remember "why" tonight:

Why is all that writing in blood on their basement walls? Was it there when they moved in? If so, did they know it was beforehand?

Why is Ellis working with the Urinator?

Why was Derek's bitch sent back?

Why was Sarah after the Asian guy tonight?

This show just seems like it doesn't know where to go with itself and I'm losing interest fast.
Old 11-24-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Am I the only one finding this show harder and harder to follow? Or maybe I'm just losing interest and can't remember previous episodes. Maybe some people here can help refresh my memory:

Things that made me try to remember "why" tonight:

Why is all that writing in blood on their basement walls? Was it there when they moved in? If so, did they know it was beforehand?

This show just seems like it doesn't know where to go with itself and I'm losing interest fast.
Are you watching the show with 1 eye shut and the volume off?
Old 11-24-08, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
I liked the episode, but I like Cameron better when she puts her foot in her mouth, does the wrong thing, doesn't know how to act, etc. I think that's more believable since she's a cyborg (and it's funnier). She seemed a bit too human in this episode.
Old 11-24-08, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
She did play human in this episode, but the show has progressed with her becoming more human recently.

Love the new angle with Babylon/John Henry; Weaver talking about the folklore of John Henry makes me think she is a part of the resistance to prevent a Pyrrhic victory. I agree with you kstublen, Derek and Ellison have been the real hooks in the season, but for me the only weak link has been Sarah and it actually improved tonight.

And time-traveling terminators to the 1920's is awesome as far as the story goes because there's always the question of why they don't go back even further.
Old 11-25-08, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by gmanca
She did play human in this episode, but the show has progressed with her becoming more human recently.

Love the new angle with Babylon/John Henry; Weaver talking about the folklore of John Henry makes me think she is a part of the resistance to prevent a Pyrrhic victory. I agree with you kstublen, Derek and Ellison have been the real hooks in the season, but for me the only weak link has been Sarah and it actually improved tonight.

And time-traveling terminators to the 1920's is awesome as far as the story goes because there's always the question of why they don't go back even further.
Well the logic of the films was that records in the future were pretty much wiped out and all they knew of John Connor was his mothers name and that she was in Los Angeles. They didn't know of her family, nor where she may have been from originally. And since the whole plan was to kill John, there would be no reason to go back further.

Obviously with the show making time travel wide open to as many as possible, they can broaden their plans and take out any threat, not just John.
Old 11-25-08, 02:09 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This show is just hitting on all levels for me this season. Loved when Cameron almost gave herself away with the '80's hair style line.

Brian Austin Green was great again. That intense stare at his girl before deciding to give up the info on John to her. She's still bad news. That's not gonna be good for them.

Can we get a count on how many have been sent back through time in relation to John Connor/Skynet? 12 maybe?
Old 11-25-08, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
Are you watching the show with 1 eye shut and the volume off?
I might as well be. I just cannot seem to grasp all of what it going on anymore with this show. I can follow Lost easier than I can this show.
Old 11-25-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I might as well be. I just cannot seem to grasp all of what it going on anymore with this show. I can follow Lost easier than I can this show.
Seriously? This show isn't rocket science. In fact, your last question was the crux of the entire last episode! If you watched the last episode and couldn't figure out why Sarah went after "the Asian guy" you simply aren't paying any attention. Sorry, but it must be true.
Old 11-25-08, 08:31 AM

motherfucker...comcast didn't have this labeled as a "new" show, and my DVR didn't record it.
Old 11-25-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^^Same here, but i check at about 8:10, so I caught the last 50 minutes.
Old 11-25-08, 09:07 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
loved the episode and I am glad that Cramortie is back

I like that there is one threat - which is starting to tie together the diff story lines. Ellison is also starting to grow on me - I used to think his character was just filler.
Old 11-25-08, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
motherfucker...comcast didn't have this labeled as a "new" show, and my DVR didn't record it.
Yep, same here. Off to download...
Old 11-25-08, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Morf
Seriously? This show isn't rocket science. In fact, your last question was the crux of the entire last episode! If you watched the last episode and couldn't figure out why Sarah went after "the Asian guy" you simply aren't paying any attention. Sorry, but it must be true.
Best I could tell, she found out the asian guy was in the process of obtaining a certain chip that Sarah didn't want to get into the wrong hands, but that turned out to be a fake. Am I correct?

Yeah, I think I'm just too bored with it and only watch because its "Terminator".
Old 11-25-08, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
It might have been a local problem. My comcast recorded it just fine.
Old 11-25-08, 11:44 AM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by gmanca
Did I miss something? What was said about the 1920's?
Old 11-25-08, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tom Banjo
Did I miss something? What was said about the 1920's?
Preview for next week.
Old 11-25-08, 11:58 AM

Received 259 Likes on 152 Posts
Preview for next week.
Ah, ok. Thanks. I just watched the episode on the Fox website and it doesn't show previews.
Old 11-25-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
I love this show. Sarah was really being "Badass Sarah" and in heels no less.

When Cameron said, "Go back to bed" to Ellis I fell out of my chair. I mean what a great deadpan matter of fact delivery.
Old 11-25-08, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts

....A resistance fighter sent back to be in a "sleeper cell" wrote it all before he bled out. It was not there before they moved in and the guy died in their presence.

... she hired him early on but we still don't know what she's up to.

...she's apparently after Cameron and by extension John because she, and maybe others, feel that Future John is too trusting of Future Cameron and making horrible mistakes. They feel like having Cameron with Young John will make things even worse since that will mean she will have that much more time to "influence" him or be in his trust. Obviously it was revealed that John's GF is part of this plot too but she's cracking under the pressure.

... Which one? She was following up on her "three dots" thing and it lead to that company. John set her up to infiltrate as an investor, and the Older Asian guy scammed her out of the money with the promise of that chip. He hired an actor to play the chip supplier/Yakuza from Japan. He set her up to get money for his son's future since they weren't going to make the deadline for bring the son's AI program to the Air Force. After the scam they went after the Asian Actor he hired.

This show just seems like it doesn't know where to go with itself and I'm losing interest fast. ...you're on your own there. You'll be missed.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-25-08 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-25-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is he on his own?? Viewers dropped substantially again last night.
I have to agree with Snowmaker. Like Heroes, the writing is very patchy and not at all as good as it could be.
Old 11-25-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This show has become amazing -- I can't believe how much it has transformed into a very interesting and thoughtful scifi series. In fact, I think I'm starting to like his show better than the first two Terminator movies.

"John Henry" is a fascinating development. Like someone else above said, the Urinator is probably working for the machine rebel faction that wants to develop a machine with a soul. I wonder if they're going to go into Galactica human/Cylon hybrid territory with this storyline. And it's interesting that they went the biblical ten commandments route and not Asimov's three Laws of Robotics route in the humanization of John Henry. The writers seem to be more interested in exploring the soul in the machine aspect rather than machine as useful appliance doing humans no harm aspect.

I have a ? about the final scene where Sarah smashes the mirror ("lots of mirrors in this world") after she sees that three dot pattern on her face.

I assume she smashes the mirror in frustration because when she sees the three dots on her cheek she realizes that her instincts were wrong about the significance of the three dots (like Derek tried to convince her)? And like the Asian guy said, it was just a logo? Or did I miss something?
Old 11-25-08, 02:34 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Apparently it dropped from 5.31 to 4.62 viewers; I really can't believe it dropped that much.

The show isn't at all like Heroes, it really does follow it's own story and each episode is a bit self-contained. There are not as many characters and there's really only one or two characters who could be considered detrimental.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.