Dexter -- "About Last Night" -- 11/23/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-08, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Dexter -- "About Last Night" -- 11/23/08

Episode synopsis:

Spoiler:

Rita's intention to confront Miguel about his alleged infidelity has an impact on his friendship with Dexter; Debra pulls out all the stops to locate Anton after it is believed that he's been abducted by the Skinner.

Old 11-24-08, 12:57 AM

Received 51 Likes on 17 Posts
I wonder if this episode involves a diamond heist involving Obama and McCain.
Old 11-24-08, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Matto1020
I wonder if this episode involves a diamond heist involving Obama and McCain.

great episode though, i really wish they find a way to keep Jimmy Smitts character on the show which i know isn't going to happen. Its funny to see the master manipulator be manipulated.
Old 11-24-08, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I enjoyed this episode as it is really setting things up for the end of the season. It's going to be great to see how Dexter traps Miguel and kills him for going against the code.
Old 11-24-08, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i have a feeling that somehow miguel and the skinner are linked. especially after miguel went into the interrogation room and turned off the camera.
Old 11-24-08, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Twas an okay ep. I like how stuff is falling into place for the final stretch.

In the preview, I kinda' braced at Dexter's cheeseball precinct tantrum ("MIGUELLLLLLLLL!!!!!!") and loved how it actually played out.

The show's low budget quirks still amuse me, like the mediocre direction. Example: Miguel and Dexter openly talking about their murders in an outdoor cafe with other patrons a mere table away. Funny stuff.
Old 11-24-08, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Yeah, I too thought it was strange when they were talking about the killings in an outdoor public place. And it was made even more jarring when the women next to them got up and walked away.

The "MIGUELLL!!" yell was hilarious.
Old 11-24-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
All I got out of this episode is that Dex is so going to rip Miguel a new one:

IT is ON like Donkey Kong!
Old 11-25-08, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Saw it coming from a mile away, but loved the journey getting there. The "Miguel!" yell was reminded me of "Mendooozaaaaa!" from "The Simpsons".
Old 11-26-08, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kms_md
i have a feeling that somehow miguel and the skinner are linked. especially after miguel went into the interrogation room and turned off the camera.
Good catch. Now I understand what the hell that was all about, although it still doesn't make any sense. Why did the cops want Miguel to talk to him? Miguel said something like "he hasn't asked for a lawyer, so legally I can't offer him a deal." Even if I just take that as a given, what kind of deal are they offering? I thought they wanted to detain him longer, not cut a deal.
Old 11-26-08, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by wmansir
Good catch. Now I understand what the hell that was all about, although it still doesn't make any sense. Why did the cops want Miguel to talk to him? Miguel said something like "he hasn't asked for a lawyer, so legally I can't offer him a deal." Even if I just take that as a given, what kind of deal are they offering? I thought they wanted to detain him longer, not cut a deal.
They wanted King to confess to being the Skinner. Miguel was offering to make an "unofficial" (illegal) deal in order to get King to confess. They then would have arrested him & denied any knowledge of any "deal."

Since this whole idea is so ludicrous, I agree with kms_md that Miguel & King are somehow linked, and this scene was our clue to that. I am thinking Miguel has been killing for a long time, and possibly knows Dexter killed his brother, and this is all one big set up.
Old 11-26-08, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Did anyone else get nostalgic when Dexter kept going to the cemetary? Brings back the good old days of Six Feet Under. God I miss that and Sopranos.
Old 11-26-08, 09:34 AM
Suspended

that was awesome. although it sucks to know that Dexter will win because Showtime already anounced two more seasons. they should make these announcements after the season ends.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs; 11-26-08 at 09:35 AM. Reason: i pooped my pants
Old 11-26-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Larry C.
Did anyone else get nostalgic when Dexter kept going to the cemetary? Brings back the good old days of Six Feet Under. God I miss that and Sopranos.
Yeah, I was actually thinking they'd do something clever like have him digging in the grave of David Fisher or something.
Old 11-29-08, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs
that was awesome. although it sucks to know that Dexter will win because Showtime already anounced two more seasons. they should make these announcements after the season ends.
Dexter has to win. I absolutely love this season so far and knowing it will be on for 2 more seasons has just made my day. Thank you.