DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Amazing Race 13 -- "That is Studly" -- 11/23/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/544296-amazing-race-13-studly-11-23-08-a.html)

DJariya 11-23-08 11:10 AM

The Amazing Race 13 -- "That is Studly" -- 11/23/08

Episode synopsis:

Spoiler:

One racer's awkward attempt to fall in line leaves Russia's military laughing. One team's expensive purchase comes back to haunt them when an unpaid taxi driver stands in their way to the Pit Stop. A romance grows stronger between two racers — will competition cause a rift in their relationship? One racer's frustration with a taxi driver causes them to ditch the taxi too early — will this mistake end their race?

Achtung 11-23-08 02:14 PM

Down to the final four. I'd still expect Nick and Starr to keep it up.

OldDude 11-23-08 06:04 PM

In Detroit, 60 Minutes started on-time at 7:00 PM EST.
Apparently, no pad required for CBS tonight.

zuffy 11-23-08 08:55 PM

How the hell the sucky boys got this far is beyond me. They suck more than the divorcees.

mwbmis 11-23-08 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by zuffy (Post 9090671)
How the hell the sucky boys got this far is beyond me. They suck more than the divorcees.

Survive and advance. Given all the bunching on any individual leg there is usually no difference between finishing first and finishing second to last (other than the obvious prize).

However when you factor in how consistently horrible Dandrew are at the actual tasks it's hard to imagine them not finishing last next week. So far someone else has always been worse.

I guess Tina should have packed some disposable underwear like Terri and Ian.

I'm pulling for Teen wolf and Mom b/c I don't like any of the other teams.

Red Dog 11-23-08 09:39 PM

Ho-hum leg, particularly since it was a predictable non-elim leg. The roadblock looked pretty grueling though.

taa455 11-23-08 10:10 PM

Watching that dude marching was one of the funniest moments in reality television history! :lol:

Setzer 11-23-08 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by taa455 (Post 9090791)
Watching that dude marching was one of the funniest moments in reality television history! :lol:

:up: I was in tears. One of the best Amazing Race episodes ever.

Nick and Starr got screwed over by their cab drivers. They would have easily finished 2nd.

the big train 11-23-08 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by taa455 (Post 9090791)

I had seen the promo and knew it was going to happen, but I laughed so much that it began to hurt.

What made it even funnier is that he thought it was a rhythm problem, when that was one of the least of his worries.

Cellar Door 11-24-08 12:27 AM

I KNOW! I mean, I don't have good rhythm, but I could do that simple march without any trouble. Dan looked like he was doing an exagerrated potrayal of a retarded person! I coudn't march that poorly if I tried.

BDB 11-24-08 01:30 AM

He looked bizarre in his marching attempt. never seen anything like it. forget no rhythm he had no co-ordination

Marching I don't think can be that tough.

DJariya 11-24-08 03:44 AM

I'm just at the stupidity of Andrew and Dan. I was scratching my head at how much of a Jackass Dan looked doing that march.

Huge props to Toni and Dallas. They have played a fair and solid game.

I'm amazed at how well Kenny and Tina have behaved through most of this season. I initially thought they would be a trainwreck, but they have managed to work really well together.

Nick and Starr got totally screwed by the language barrier.

The cabbies in Russia were totally ripping everyone off.

TheBang 11-24-08 04:36 AM

And the beauty of the non-elimination is that we get to see Dan dance next week. :lol:

Big Boy Laroux 11-24-08 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy (Post 9091005)
He looked bizarre in his marching attempt. never seen anything like it. forget no rhythm he had no co-ordination

Marching I don't think can be that tough.

The best part about it was how he claimed he didn't have coordination because the marching seemed like more of an artsy/theater thing, and he's not into that stuff. He's all about sports! Ummmm, sports is where most guys get their coordination skills. That was just pathetic.

And yes, can't wait to see him try to dance next week!

zuckuss 11-24-08 10:00 AM

I was laughing so hard at the marching. It remined me of Steve Martin in The Jerk
http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/img...436739_400.jpg

ElementZ 11-24-08 02:06 PM

Not sure if I should spoiler this or not but I will just to be on the safe side. It pertains to the preview for next week's episode.

Spoiler:
Wonder which team loses their passport and money next week...that is going to suck.

zuffy 11-24-08 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by ElementZ (Post 9091853)
Not sure if I should spoiler this or not but I will just to be on the safe side. It pertains to the preview for next week's episode.

Spoiler:
Wonder which team loses their passport and money next week...that is going to suck.

Spoiler:
I am betting it will be Starr which would really suck

Ravenous 11-24-08 03:06 PM

Too bad Terry and Sarah are gone. Would have loved to have seen that cranberry make 'his love' do the 50lb bags.

zuffy 11-24-08 03:08 PM

Or the divorcees doing the 50lb bags.

movieking 11-25-08 06:24 AM

It looked like Dan was intentionally trying to do a bad job, but obviously that wasn't the case. Both my wife and I cracked up at his terrible marching.

magiccmom 11-25-08 06:52 AM

Gotta see this again....and again

LiquidSky 11-25-08 07:23 AM

:lol: Some of his poorer attributes? I'm still waiting to see any good ones.

jackson2006 11-25-08 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by zuffy (Post 9091989)
Spoiler:
I am betting it will be Starr which would really suck

Yes that would suck starr is lokking hotter and hotter each week. If dallas wasnl;t gay....

LiquidSky 11-25-08 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by jackson2006 (Post 9093737)
Yes that would suck starr is lokking hotter and hotter each week. If dallas wasnl;t gay....

Starr would look hotter every week if Dallas wasn't gay? WTF?

TimeandTide 11-25-08 11:57 AM

Excellent ep. Dan's "marching" was HILARIOUS (and the reactions of the Russian soldiers was priceless).

Ken and Tine are growing on me. Loved that Ken leaned over the counter and gave the baker a couple kisses on the cheek. Obvious that those two are over their petty bickering and just enjoying each other's company and travel/game.