Reload this Page >

Entourage *Season Finale* - "Return to Queens Blvd" - 11/23/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Entourage *Season Finale* - "Return to Queens Blvd" - 11/23/08

Old 11-25-08, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Completely pointless. I do like that they portrayed him as a prick, which, he indeed is.
Is he? He was actually a really cool down to earth guy when I met him. That was years ago, I imagine that ego could have gone to his head a bit.
Old 11-25-08, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I see Vince as Leonard DiCaprio, so I'm not surprised that Scorsese picked him up.
Come on dude. No comparison.
Old 11-25-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
I liked it quite a bit as well, but they could have held off the make-up session until next season.

You knew everything would work out for Vince eventually - that is just how this show works.

Hope Kara is back next season. That would be a departure for the Vince character.
Old 11-25-08, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts
For a second I thought the "pretty package" in E's office was going to be Sloan, and they were going to start next season with E having a life and successful career without Vince (for a while anyway).
Old 11-25-08, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wondering if Adrian Grenier's success (or lack thereof) on this show is helping or hurting his career outside of it? I don't think I've seen him in anything else besides Entourage; other than some stupid teen movie with Melissa something.
Old 11-25-08, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts
He was in The Devil Wears Prada, and a documentary where he met his real life father after several years, but that's all I can think of.
Old 11-25-08, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would have liked to see a more drawn out period of Vince and Eric being friends, but not in business together, especially if Eric's other client(s) start to hit it big.
Old 11-25-08, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by huzefa
Just wondering if Adrian Grenier's success (or lack thereof) on this show is helping or hurting his career outside of it? I don't think I've seen him in anything else besides Entourage; other than some stupid teen movie with Melissa something.
It seems like Jeremy Piven gets the most work outside of the series (Smokin' Aces, The Kingdom). You really don't see the other stars doing too much.
Old 11-25-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Goat3001
Is he? He was actually a really cool down to earth guy when I met him. That was years ago, I imagine that ego could have gone to his head a bit.
Yea, I was at UofM many of times the past few years for various reasons and had a few encounters with him... just really wasnt a nice dude. Hell of a swimmer, though.
Old 11-26-08, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NitroJMS
It seems like Jeremy Piven gets the most work outside of the series (Smokin' Aces, The Kingdom). You really don't see the other stars doing too much.
It seems odd though because they definitely work with big name producers and directors; and yet none of them think enough of any of the characters to put them in any of their movies... (even as supporting roles).

As far as Jeremy Piven goes, Ari Gold is the role he was born to play; I can't imagine him in any role where he isn't an arrogant dick.
Old 11-26-08, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 871 Likes on 642 Posts
As far as Jeremy Piven goes, Ari Gold is the role he was born to play; I can't imagine him in any role where he isn't an arrogant dick.
That's all thanks to his roll in PCU.
Old 11-26-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 271 Likes on 204 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngpRg8XnUbY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ngpRg8XnUbY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 11-26-08, 12:08 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
I would have liked to see a more drawn out period of Vince and Eric being friends, but not in business together, especially if Eric's other client(s) start to hit it big.
Speaking of E's other clients, I would have loved to have seen how LB & Nick reacted to Smokejumpers getting killed.
Old 11-26-08, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by madcougar
Come on dude. No comparison.
I think I read somewhere that earlier in the series Vince's career was modeled after Leo's and Mark Wahlbergs. I thought they abandoned that idea in season 3 part 2 when Vince was going after Medellion only to watch it bomb. Maybe instead they just exaggerated Vince's ups and downs to make for more entertaining TV while still keeping that mold of his career being like Leo's/Wahlbergs. If you look at filmography it doesn't seem too ridiculous.

Head On = Anything Leo did before Titanic. I'm thinking Romeo and Juliet. A simple movie. Not a blockbuster but one that people enjoy.

Queens Blvd = Marvin's Room. Not really an indie film but its one that showcased his acting abilities.

Aquaman = Titanic. Obviously.

Medellion = Man in the Iron Mask, The Beach... all follow ups to the biggest movie in history and neither of them suceeded.

Vince's new Scorcese movie = Gangs of New York. Leo's comeback film and the first that established him as a true actor and more than just a pretty boy.

Maybe its a little of a stretch but it is closer than you would think.
Old 11-26-08, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JasonF
Speaking of E's other clients, I would have loved to have seen how LB & Nick reacted to Smokejumpers getting killed.
IIRC, they were going to get $1 million for the script and $2 million if the movie was made. If E makes his standard 10% that means that $100,000 jumped out of E's pocket.
Old 11-26-08, 12:16 PM
Suspended

IIRC, they were going to get $1 million for the script and $2 million if the movie was made. If E makes his standard 10% that means that $100,000 jumped out of E's pocket.
More than the fact that they lose out on a million dollars (or $900,000 once you take out E's cut), they just didn't understand how Hollywood works. Wasn't there a scene early on where E has to explain that just ebcause a studio bought their script doesn't mean the movie will get made and them not understanding that? I'm sure they would be pissed about Smokejumpers getting killed, not so much because of the money (though that hurts too), but because they've probably already told all their buddies at the shooting range that they have a movie coming out.
Old 11-26-08, 12:18 PM
Suspended

There is no "o" in Medellin.
Old 11-26-08, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

More than the fact that they lose out on a million dollars (or $900,000 once you take out E's cut), they just didn't understand how Hollywood works. Wasn't there a scene early on where E has to explain that just ebcause a studio bought their script doesn't mean the movie will get made and them not understanding that? I'm sure they would be pissed about Smokejumpers getting killed, not so much because of the money (though that hurts too), but because they've probably already told all their buddies at the shooting range that they have a movie coming out.
I don't know. I think I'd be more pissed about the $900,000 that I won't be getting.

There is no "o" in Medellin.
There's no 'O' in "Suck It" either. What's your point?
Old 11-26-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Didn't the studio already buy the Smokejumpers script in order to make the film? Would the writers and E already have the initial $1M? I think they missed out on the $2M if the movie was made.

1M to buy + 2M if made = $3M total.

Or is it 1M to buy + 1M if made = $2M total?
Old 11-26-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Head On = Anything Leo did before Titanic. I'm thinking Romeo and Juliet. A simple movie. Not a blockbuster but one that people enjoy.

Queens Blvd = Marvin's Room. Not really an indie film but its one that showcased his acting abilities.

Aquaman = Titanic. Obviously.

Medellion = Man in the Iron Mask, The Beach... all follow ups to the biggest movie in history and neither of them suceeded.

Vince's new Scorcese movie = Gangs of New York. Leo's comeback film and the first that established him as a true actor and more than just a pretty boy.

Maybe its a little of a stretch but it is closer than you would think.
good post - I didn't understand hot Vince could just get a scorcese lead - but now I guess it could happen.
Old 11-26-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Just out of curiousity, did anyone think Vince did well in the Smokejumpers scenes? I was more on the director's side on that one.
Old 11-26-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.
good post - I didn't understand hot Vince could just get a scorcese lead - but now I guess it could happen.
Scorsesse said that Van Sant gave him the dailies of Vince's work in Smokejumpers, and i guess he saw something that gave him confidence to cast Vince in the lead of his new movie.
Old 11-26-08, 02:18 PM
Suspended

There's no 'O' in "Suck It" either. What's your point?
It's funny because I deserve that.

The eight gajillion ways to misspell "Medellin" became a pet peeve of mine during the threads that happened while Vince was filming Medellin. Didn't mean to come off like a dick about it, though.
Old 11-26-08, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
It's funny because I deserve that.

The eight gajillion ways to misspell "Medellin" became a pet peeve of mine during the threads that happened while Vince was filming Medellin. Didn't mean to come off like a dick about it, though.
Please don't remind me of the great "Medellin" spelling debate of 2005.
Old 11-26-08, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Just out of curiousity, did anyone think Vince did well in the Smokejumpers scenes? I was more on the director's side on that one.
Me too. Even liked when they were going over the dailies a few episodes ago and the director was ripping on actors all trying to deliver lines like George Clooney, which is kind of true.

I thought they were going to spend next season having Vince work his way back up and prove he could act, but nope, he gets the brass ring with a Scorcese film.
So what are they going to do? They've already done a season with Vince as a big star, E trying to get the next project, and Drama & Turtle's goofy Hollywood adventures. Maybe the whole season in NY doing the film?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.