DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 11/20/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/544094-survivor-gabon-earths-last-eden-11-20-08-a.html)

auto 11-19-08 09:15 PM

Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 11/20/08

http://www.rsvp-tv.com/img/survivor/gabon/logo.png

Title:
Spoiler:
Nothing Tastes Better Than Five Hundred Dollars

Description:
Spoiler:
One Castaway devises a dangerous plan that hinges on the hidden immunity idol, while another Castaway considers betraying their alliance in order to avoid elimination.

Goat3001 11-20-08 08:33 AM

The safe bet is that Randy will be voted out. The smart move for Corrine, Randy and Bob is to try to flip Matty. They made their play on Sugar and it didn't work. They know that Kenny is running shit and they need to bring up to Matty how it was Kenny that pulled the blindside on his boy Ace. Not to mention that Suzie, Crystal and Kenny are set to be the top three. They know that if they bring Matty in he'll dominate in immunity challenges and they might even try to blindside Sugar to flush out her HII.

So if the game goes to plan (and Suzie, Kenny and Crystal are smart) they'll drop Randy now, blindside Matty, drop Bob then Corrine (or Corrine then Bob). That will leave a final 4 of Sugar, Suzie, Crystal and Kenny. Sugar won't be able to use the immunity idol then so the 3 will probably vote her off 4th. Kenny will win this game then in what would probably be a unanimous decision.

Right now I'm hoping for a final 3 of Randy Bob and Matty. Bob and Matty will be jury favorites so it would be cool to see how that plays out. I would also like to see Corrine blindsided and leave pissed off. Just so I can see her flip her lid at the final tribal council. That and I would also like to see her naked.

loneranger 11-20-08 09:26 AM

I wonder if the fake idol will come into play this week.

GuessWho 11-20-08 09:41 AM

Is there a certain dedicated EW.com page that has all of Jeff's blogs or do they just randomly pop up on some news page on Fridays?

JuryDuty 11-20-08 11:39 AM

Sugar seems to hold the power right now as they don't want her to flip, so I think it'll be Randy, which will be almost entirely Sugar's choice.

LiquidSky 11-20-08 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty (Post 9084034)
Sugar seems to hold the power right now as they don't want her to flip, so I think it'll be Randy, which will be almost entirely Sugar's choice.

Plus, Sugar cannot stand him. Didn't she want to give him the boot last week?

arminius 11-20-08 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by LiquidSky (Post 9084041)
Plus, Sugar cannot stand him. Didn't she want to give him the boot last week?

The boot, a bullet or a blunt object. I don't think she has a preference.

aktick 11-20-08 08:22 PM

Oh man...that was gold. Even though it made for great TV, really not a smart move by Bob. If he would have just kept his fake idol to himself and not showed Sugar, he could have used it as leverage later. This really gained him nothing but maybe a little respect from Sugar. Maybe Randy will still vote for him if it's something like Bob/Susie/Sugar in the final 3, but otherwise I don't think it will help him any. Randy didn't sound upset at Matty.

And I think Bob regretted sinking down to that childish level Randy and Sugar were at during TC.

I wonder if they are coaching these people to act like childish pricks, or if they are all just that way naturally?

At least Marcus and Charlie seem to have lightened up (not that they were ever too bad to start) and are enjoying themselves.

I'm happy with anybody but Corrine winning at this point...not really much of a fan of Sugar either. Pulling for Bob for sure.

starseed 11-20-08 08:26 PM

Randy is one of the most vile, revolting, repulsive, repugnant, disgusting, irritating, foul, misogynistic, idiotic people to have ever played this game.

Kenny and Sugar are running this game.

Looks like next week Bob and Corinne will choose who goes home.

Merkin Muffley 11-20-08 08:31 PM

Wow...is next week's preview for real? That would be insane.

GuessWho 11-20-08 08:34 PM

Dumb move. The guy was going home anyway--why waste the ingenius immunity idol for nothing?

Arthur Dent 11-20-08 08:37 PM

Lost respect for Bob after this episode. At this point, the person I'd be least upset to see win is probably Matty. Can't stand Ken, Susie, and Crystal.

HydroX2 11-20-08 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by awil1026 (Post 9085309)
Lost respect for Bob after this episode. At this point, the person I'd be least upset to see win is probably Matty. Can't stand Ken, Susie, and Crystal.

My thoughts exactly. Im gonna miss Randy. Sure he was a douche but he was of the funniest, most entertaining douches ive seen on Survivor in a long time.

Double_Oh_7 11-20-08 08:57 PM

Best. Tribal council. Ever.

Double_Oh_7 11-20-08 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho (Post 9085304)
Dumb move. The guy was going home anyway--why waste the ingenius immunity idol for nothing?

It was hardly for nothing. That was about the best way to make use of the fake idol. What else would it be good for?

aktick 11-20-08 09:04 PM

Preview for next week just looks like BS to me. How does that make any sense?
Spoiler:
Why wouldn't they have used it this week? Or why wouldn't Marcus have had it with him at each tribal "just in case?" I'm hoping Bob is just pulling one over on Corrine...but we'll see.

asante 11-20-08 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7 (Post 9085346)
It was hardly for nothing. That was about the best way to make use of the fake idol. What else would it be good for?

Exactly! I still don't understand why some people here are insisting that Bob can use that fake idol later for leverage.

So Bob still doesn't know that Sugar has the HII? Why go for the clue again? He could've taken the "comfort" instead of the "clue" in exile island.

Patman 11-20-08 09:16 PM

But, if I'm Bob, how does burning a jury vote help me win the game? Foolish play on Bob's part (as he also probably burned Corrinne's vote too), and Sugar played Bob to the hilt, and Bob will regret this play, but he's pretty much dead meat anyway unless he goes on an immunity run rivaling the ones by Terry or Kelly.

Josh-da-man 11-20-08 09:16 PM

Bob voted for Susie, so it looks like he's going to try to pretend that he didn't know the idol was a fake.

If he hadn't shown it to Sugar, he could have easily claimed that someone else made it and left it hidden on Exile Island.

Red Dog 11-20-08 09:23 PM

It made for good theatre, but I don't understand why Bob did that. Randy was going home for sure anyway. Now, in the unlikely event he makes the final, he ensured 2 votes against him. The best thing for him to do would have been to lay low, leave it lying around, let someone discover it and put Sugar's real idol into question. It might have protected him from a vote-off.

I also don't understand why Sugar hates Randy with such a passion considering she spent so much time on Exile.

Arthur Dent 11-20-08 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by HydroX2 (Post 9085320)
My thoughts exactly. Im gonna miss Randy. Sure he was a douche but he was of the funniest, most entertaining douches ive seen on Survivor in a long time.

I'll miss the ol' bastard. I don't like the rest of these people at all.

dolphinboy 11-20-08 09:30 PM

I, personally, loved what happened tonight and couldn't stand Randy and find Sugar very entertaining.

Still, for those who think it was childish of Sugar to set Randy up that way, remember that she has been on the receiving end of his abuse for a long time and that has to build up under these circumstances.

Matty and Sugar are my favorites.

I still like the best player to win, so there's a lot more show left before I could clearly state who I thought was most deserving to win. I would like to see Sugar hang out to the final 4 or 3, though. She's bringing the fun this year.

Finally, I can't believe I'm adding to cookie story, but Randy gave the cookie to Sugar. Using his own argument that when they were all his, he could have stomped on all of them if he wanted to, well, once he gave the last cookie to Sugar it was hers and she could have stomped on it if she wanted to. Instead she gave it to Matty. Surprised no one even tried to make this point for 2 days or at tribal.

girlnextdoor 11-20-08 09:44 PM

Did anyone else see Randy "Tip" Jeff after the acution?

Not sure about the cookie situation. Jeff said several times that the plate was for the tribe. So if Randy did stomp them in the ground he would have pissed everyone off even more than he did.

My new favorite way to watch each week is to fast forward as soon as the immunity challange is over until the votes are read.

zuffy 11-20-08 09:57 PM

Awesome awesome episode. Sugar played Randy.

Red Dog 11-20-08 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by zuffy (Post 9085470)
Awesome awesome episode. Sugar played Randy.

No. She played Bob.