78.95%
Susie
0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 11/20/08

Old 11-20-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
What did Corrine win with the $500 at the auction? I missed a couple of minutes.
Old 11-20-08, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 122 Likes on 78 Posts
she got to skip half of the immunity challenge and go straight to its final leg
Old 11-20-08, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Okay, thanks. I'm happy with the results tonight.

The previews for next week look verrrrry interesting.
Old 11-20-08, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 92 Likes on 70 Posts
Damn, Sugar gets hotter every week. Funny since I didn't think she was attractive at all when the season started.

Best. Episode. Ever.

Randy and Corrine are just such vile people and Crystal isn't far behind. How is it possible for an Olympic athlete to be so nonathletic?
Old 11-20-08, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
How is it possible for an Olympic athlete to be so nonathletic?
My guess is that CBS is wondering the same thing.
Old 11-20-08, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by girlnextdoor View Post
My new favorite way to watch each week is to fast forward as soon as the immunity challange is over until the votes are read.
I don't understand this. How is this any way to watch a show?

Aren't you really confused during the finale?
Old 11-20-08, 11:20 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by GuessWho View Post
Is there a certain dedicated EW.com page that has all of Jeff's blogs or do they just randomly pop up on some news page on Fridays?
It's on the PopWatch Blog

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/

Tonights

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008...-b-2.html#more
Old 11-20-08, 11:22 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Jeff is funny

By the way, (which is, by the way, one of the phrases that most annoys me because everyone in Hollywood uses it as a way to alert you they're about to say something brilliant) all this stuff about me being attracted to Corinne really surprised me. Here's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I felt like I had been beating up on Corinne for so long that when I saw her smile on the last episode I figured I'd say at least one nice thing.

Fittingly, Corinne probably hated that I said it in the first place. But just so we are clear, I have no interest in dating Corinne. I do not have the hots for Corinne. I don't think about Corinne. I like nice women. Done. Enough already.
Old 11-20-08, 11:25 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

There is also on Youtube Survivor Ponderosa

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eM0uLuUr3M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eM0uLuUr3M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Will be interested to see Randy's arrival there when it shows up.
Old 11-20-08, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
I love how every episode Corinne spends the whole time talking about how stupid everyone else is but she always ends up looking like the dumbass in the end.
Old 11-20-08, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
i think that was the funniest tribal councils ever. I absolutely loved it. God I can't stand Corinne the more I see her on tv. I hope she goes next.
Old 11-21-08, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts
Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy View Post
Will be interested to see Randy's arrival there when it shows up.
Something tells me he's not going to be on board with "synergizing" his Tribal Council wardrobe with them

I wouldn't mind Kenny, Sugar, Matty, or (unlikely as it is) Bob making it to the end. Kenny's trying hard at playing the game - both in the social/strategy part, and busting his butt for challenges. He'd be a worthy finalist. Just so long as Susie or Crystal don't win. Susie has been completely worthless. Crystal is annoying and shockingly unathletic, though at least she delivers some entertainment ... I loved how she just shouted her TC vote comments for everyone to hear

Yeah, I'm still not sure what to think about the idol prank. Bob could've sold it as "Hey ... I followed the clues and found this. You're welcome to try and play it". Sugar was out there so often that she would've had plenty of time for an arts-and-crafts project. But Bob reacted like he was in on the joke (although ashamed of it) instead of being another victim. I just hope the next couple of weeks aren't predictable for the vote-offs. Watching the alliance with numbers pick off the other side gets old fast. Matty and Sugar both better not be too comfortable - Matty for being a physical threat and Sugar for having the II.
Old 11-21-08, 02:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
I, personally, loved what happened tonight and couldn't stand Randy and find Sugar very entertaining.
Yeah, for a back-stabbing ****. She's pretty much screwed over everyone who has trusted her and her partner-in-crime Kenny is just a lying flake.

Bob is the only one I'd like to see win and that certainly isn't going to happen, considering the nest of vipers that are left. With tonight's episode, this season is officially over for me.
Old 11-21-08, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Yeah, for a back-stabbing ****. She's pretty much screwed over everyone who has trusted her and her partner-in-crime Kenny is just a lying flake.

Bob is the only one I'd like to see win and that certainly isn't going to happen, considering the nest of vipers that are left. With tonight's episode, this season is officially over for me.
I love it, complaints about lying and screwing people over on Survivor. It's PART of the game-always has been-and if you get to the end and have done it badly, it usually bites you in the butt.

The rest of the group are all "vipers" but Bob, who went along with Sugar's plan to humiliate his own alliance member, at least as far as we know now, just to make sure the other group would keep him in the game and possibly/probably to get himself into a good position where he might still be able to be around when the group of 5 fractures.

By the way, I like Bob a lot. I just like Sugar and Matty too. The others are meh...except Corrine who is horrible and Crystal who deserves to go just for being so unbelievably bad in every challenge.

Good-bye, we won't miss you.
Old 11-21-08, 07:40 AM

Is next week's show on Thursday (thanksgiving in the US)? I think it usually is a new episode, but CSI didn't have a preview so I assume that will be a re-run. Does anyone know for sure?
Old 11-21-08, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by brainee View Post
Something tells me he's not going to be on board with "synergizing" his Tribal Council wardrobe with them

I wouldn't mind Kenny, Sugar, Matty, or (unlikely as it is) Bob making it to the end.
That's what I was thinking while watching Charlie and Marcus pick their clothing.

I'm with you. I would like to see Kenny, Matty, Sugar, or Bob win. Frankly, anyone but that asshole Corrine.
Old 11-21-08, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, for a back-stabbing ****.
Bob is the one who back-stabbed.
Old 11-21-08, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
I actually liked Sugar until tonight, but now for some reason find her just as despicable, if not moreso, than Randy.

The cookies: Randy offered her one and she said no. Randy wouldn't give hers to Matty. Randy offered her one again, and she took it and gave it to Matty, with that sweet little smile of hers. And then she spent the rest of the time railing against Randy.

Sorry--she's just as bad as Randy--but with that cutesy pin-up model smile and tattoo. At least with Randy what you see is what you get.
Old 11-21-08, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
Oh please, don't be naive. Who hasn't done that on this show? THAT'S THE GAME!
Old 11-21-08, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 336 Likes on 274 Posts
Originally Posted by uteotw View Post
I actually liked Sugar until tonight, but now for some reason find her just as despicable, if not moreso, than Randy.

The cookies: Randy offered her one and she said no. Randy wouldn't give hers to Matty. Randy offered her one again, and she took it and gave it to Matty, with that sweet little smile of hers. And then she spent the rest of the time railing against Randy.

Sorry--she's just as bad as Randy--but with that cutesy pin-up model smile and tattoo. At least with Randy what you see is what you get.

Like I wondered before - where did all this Sugar rage toward Randy come from? She's spent so much time away from the tribes.
Old 11-21-08, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's kind of how I feel too. Why pour salt in a wound in a game where you are trying to get everybody to like you? Just vote Randy off and be done with it. I'm sure the producers liked it though.

After Bob, I'd like Kenny to win. He's likable enough, has been thinking a pretty good game thus far, and isn't too bad in challenges. Oh yeah, Matty too.

Marcus and Charlie spend hours picking out their wardrobe when they are on a tropical island? I've got to imagine there's better things to do there than play dress-up.

And what was with Corrine when she approached Bob, assuming he had the HII? She does remember Sugar was there a ton before Bob ever was, right? She apparently thinks Sugar is an absolute dunce and couldn't have ever found it?

Last edited by aktick; 11-21-08 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-21-08, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 115 Likes on 74 Posts
Randy crashes the Charlie-Marcus bromance at Ponderosa:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJJzubBgRM4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJJzubBgRM4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IID_ufVqcY0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IID_ufVqcY0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

They look like a big happy threesome now! Though Charlie still seems to always be snuggled by Marcus's side. You have to love Charlie's fishing technique, of shoving the pole between his legs while shaking his ass.

And judging by the end of the second clip, it actually does look like they worked out their wardrobes together
Old 11-21-08, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by aktick View Post

After Bob, I'd like Kenny to win. He's likable enough, has been thinking a pretty good game thus far, and isn't too bad in challenges.
I thought Kenny was just gonna be a tag-along, but he is turning out to be one of the best players this season.
Old 11-21-08, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What is up with the idiots not spending their money at the challenge. Did Crystal bid even once?
Old 11-21-08, 09:30 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll third this. Her "It's just a cookie" defense was b.s. She knew exactly what she was doing.

That said, it's amazing how the former power alliance is now making the stupidest mistakes without Marcus. I can't figure out why they were so sure Bob would have the idol, even before he returned from Exile... and why none of them, not even Bob who was on Exile twice and can't seem to find it in the place it should be, has even considered the idea that Sugar might have it after the half dozen times they sent her out there. I know they may think she is just a dumb blonde, but frankly the clues didn't seem *that* difficult and with that many opportunities anyone should be able to find it.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.