Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Mr. Belevedere question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-08, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sf9eKEjdmE0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sf9eKEjdmE0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 11-20-08, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I thought the old man died peacefully in his wheelchair on the Atlantic City boardwalk, facing the ocean.
That's exactly what happened. The two girls had gone off to get some food, or something, and it was Mr. Belvedere, who hitched a ride to Atlantic City with Robert Goulet, that found the old guy dead. Christ, I can't believe some of the things I remember.
Old 11-20-08, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sean O'Hara
You know, I don't remember that episode.
If memory serves Kevin comes home drunk after some sort of formal event (I think he has a dishevled tux on) and Belvedere is up waiting for him and Kevin reveals he forced himself on his date and Belvedere is all "Kevin, that's called date rape"

I also believe there is an episode where Heather is the victem of an attempted date rape.
Old 11-20-08, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by TheKing
I should want to watch Mr. Belvedere every day.
I shouldn't have to masturbate after every episode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx4Dz...eature=related

Make sure you have your speakers on.
Old 11-20-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by Lastdaysofrain
Yeah, I do it with power point slides, power point makes any terrible subject instantly hilarious.

There was a lot of child molestation going on in sitcoms in the 1980s. I'm still disturbed by mention of the games "Neptune King of the Sea" and something called "captain towel" on the Bicycle Man episode of Diff'rent Strokes.
Harry Elvis? Are you a former Ron and Fez producer?
Old 11-20-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts
I also believe there is an episode where Heather is the victim of an attempted date rape.
Yep, and Bob Uecker really takes care of the guy.
Old 11-20-08, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
I remember the Boy Scout leader one. Wesley had just gone swimming and the dude offered to dry him off. I still use that move today.
Thanks, I just spit my coffee all over my monitor -- f*cking hilarious!

I thought this thread would be stupid, but it's turned into my favorite thread ever.
Old 11-20-08, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by dick_grayson
I remember the Boy Scout leader one. Wesley had just gone swimming and the dude offered to dry him off. I still use that move today.
Episode 420, "The Counselor" . Yay Youtube!
Old 11-20-08, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I thought the old man died peacefully in his wheelchair on the Atlantic City boardwalk, facing the ocean.

Thanks - didn't he go on a winning streak?
Old 11-20-08, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only remember the one episode when Mr. Belvedere is trying to break the high score on a pinball game, but this kid harasses him about being fat and he loses.
Old 11-20-08, 09:58 AM

I remember when Kevin was a pizza delivery boy and banged a milf. Then she brushed him off, he cried, and Brock-toon made sandwiches or something. Also the dad got to fill in for sports anchor and said we should get rid of the National Anthem before games and get it started. That was pretty terrific. And I think they had an episode with a super smart dog, and dad said he "makes Benji look like a moron."
Old 11-20-08, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by monkey42
Episode 420, "The Counselor" . Yay Youtube!
If you're going to do a Very Special Episode for your 420th show, why make it about Bad Touch?
Old 11-20-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Sounds like the writers did a lot of drugs.
Old 11-20-08, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
Harry Elvis? Are you a former Ron and Fez producer?

Nope, I don't know who Ron and Fez are.

Weirdly I don't remember Belvedere having any drugs episodes.
Old 11-20-08, 02:14 PM

Is this shit for real? I use to watch this show all the time as a kid and all I remember is Wesley singing in a play as a british shipmate or something and joking around in the background.

All these eps you guys mention, is there a way to watch em online?
Old 11-20-08, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Vipper II
Yep, and Bob Uecker really takes care of the guy.
I remember that episode.

Heather starts dating this uber-cool sports jock and Bob loves him to death and is so happy they're dating...then she comes home and she has a ripped shirt and tells Bob that Jock-man tried to put his enchilada in her chalupa without her consent, which is ludicrous, because she looked like she would have jumped at the chance for dick. Bob questions whether she's sure and she cries and runs off to her room and later Jock-man knocks at the door.

Bob lures the guy into a conversation about how sometimes these things just happen and women overreact. Jock-man agrees that yup, that's what happened, you know? Nudge-nudge. Having confirmation, Bob up and bitches the dude out and was crazy confrontational about ready to beat this motherfucker's ass. Jock runs out the door, scared.

I can't believe I remember it, actually. My favorite episode is the one where Belvedere was deported and then came back at the end of the next episode with some story about how he had hook-ups at immigration.
Old 11-20-08, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Is this shit for real? I use to watch this show all the time as a kid and all I remember is Wesley singing in a play as a british shipmate or something and joking around in the background.

All these eps you guys mention, is there a way to watch em online?
All 100% real episodes. I think most of the Brocktoon on Youtube got taken down. I have DVD-Rs of the whole series.
Old 11-20-08, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Randy Miller III
I only remember the one episode when Mr. Belvedere is trying to break the high score on a pinball game, but this kid harasses him about being fat and he loses.
I thought at the end of that Wesley got upset since Belvedere kept playing that game. Then Wesley hugged him, and he lost. Belvedere was mad, but then realized how much Wesley loved and missed him, so he stopped playing pinball.
Old 11-21-08, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

No, I remember specifically that some kid was heckling him. The little brat wanted to play and was mad that Mr. Belvedere was on for so long. After telling the kid, "Why don't you wait your turn?", the kid responded, "Why don't you lose weight?". The studio audience was all like, "Ooohhh...!", and the stunned Mr. Belvedere lost his turn.
Old 11-21-08, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I remember one time as a kid I fell asleep during Mr. Belevedere and woke up to a screening of The Producers. Needless to say, I was confused and traumatized.
After reading through the whole thread, I finally got this reference.

They should have gotten the actor who played Wesley to play Carmen Ghia in the Producers remake.
Old 11-23-08, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DarkestPhoenix
I remember that episode.

Heather starts dating this uber-cool sports jock and Bob loves him to death and is so happy they're dating...then she comes home and she has a ripped shirt and tells Bob that Jock-man tried to put his enchilada in her chalupa without her consent, which is ludicrous, because she looked like she would have jumped at the chance for dick. Bob questions whether she's sure and she cries and runs off to her room and later Jock-man knocks at the door.

Bob lures the guy into a conversation about how sometimes these things just happen and women overreact. Jock-man agrees that yup, that's what happened, you know? Nudge-nudge. Having confirmation, Bob up and bitches the dude out and was crazy confrontational about ready to beat this motherfucker's ass. Jock runs out the door, scared.

I can't believe I remember it, actually. My favorite episode is the one where Belvedere was deported and then came back at the end of the next episode with some story about how he had hook-ups at immigration.
DarkestPhoenix, great to see you here. Can I mark you down as a yes for this year's Belvadere-o-rama (being held in Pittsburgh of course).

Anyone else in this forum, please also let me know if you are attending. Remember, the more we get, the less money we each have to chip in for Mr. Euker's caviar.
Old 12-18-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As mentioned previously, here is the specific 10 minute chunk of my one man show that's just about Belvedere
www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ewOfKSwiH0

Last edited by Lastdaysofrain; 12-18-08 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-18-08, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vipper II
The two girls had gone off to get some food, or something, and it was Mr. Belvedere, who hitched a ride to Atlantic City with Robert Goulet, that found the old guy dead.
This sentence is all kinds of awesome.
Old 12-18-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As mentioned previously, here is the specific 10 minute chunk of my one man show that's just about Belvedere
Old 12-18-08, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You've got a lot of torso.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.