Search this Thread

Old 11-17-08, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Complications" -- 11/17/08

Terminator: TSCC

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Sarah ponders her nightmares and their intrusion into her real life while Derek and Jesse track a possible Skynet conspirator.

Old 11-17-08, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. Fantastic episode. I loved the whole subplot with Charles Fischer. I really thought Jess was suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder or something. Glad to see she wasn't. Sucks (or does it?) that the young Charles Fischer is now locked up in a psych ward. That old Fischer was very interesting to me...would like to know more about these traitors that work with SkyNet and why they do it.

Weird with Sarah sleep-walking, not sure what to take from that. Next week's episode looks good. Ellison is pissing me off; he just doesn't realize the importance of destroying Cromartie. Although I am still unsure as to whether or not The Urinator is bad or not...perhaps she is good after all and is working to create a Computer Program that can combat SkyNet, a human-allied computer program (much like the humans that work with/for SkyNet). Or maybe she is trying to create a program in place of SkyNet that won't bring about Judgment Day? Or maybe she is just evil and trying to speed up Judgment Day?

I think this show is gaining some steam again and I look forward to more episodes of it. I hope the Friday Night placement in the Spring isn't the Kiss of Death it usually is for most shows that get stuck in that timeslot.
Old 11-17-08, 08:50 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Agree, great episode tonight.

I don't think this show will last another season, so I hope they just have some sort of conclusion (as much as they can with something like this) at the end of this season.
Old 11-17-08, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
I thought it was a really good episode. Not quite as good as last week but still good.

I think the point with Fischer is he was sent to the past to ensure that his future self would get caught and go to prison so that he would exist as himself in the future.
Old 11-17-08, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by tanman
I thought it was a really good episode. Not quite as good as last week but still good.

I think the point with Fischer is he was sent to the past to ensure that his future self would get caught and go to prison so that he would exist as himself in the future.
But why would he even have to go back in the first place? The only reason Jess even found his past self was because he was sent back and she spotted him. If he existed in the future like that, I don't see how his past self could have changed that...because he would have lived his life up until that point.

Unless of course Jess was going to be looking for him in the past in the first place, at which point I guess it would make sense. If he is locked up or if he wasn't, he realized that there is an evil computer program that takes over in the future and I'm assuming wouldn't help them. How will his being locked up help SkyNet? He won't be able to help them either way...or am I missing something? 'Cause whatever future Fischer did to the computer system, that isn't the same thing as helping machines better understand humans.
Old 11-17-08, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kstublen
But why would he even have to go back in the first place? The only reason Jess even found his past self was because he was sent back and she spotted him. If he existed in the future like that, I don't see how his past self could have changed that...because he would have lived his life up until that point.

Unless of course Jess was going to be looking for him in the past in the first place, at which point I guess it would make sense. If he is locked up or if he wasn't, he realized that there is an evil computer program that takes over in the future and I'm assuming wouldn't help them. How will his being locked up help SkyNet? He won't be able to help them either way...or am I missing something? 'Cause whatever future Fischer did to the computer system, that isn't the same thing as helping machines better understand humans.
No but the old fischer said something about learning how people tick in jail. So he fixed it so his past self would land in jail thus making sure that he survived judgement day and thus the machines by providing valuable intel.
Old 11-17-08, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh yeah, I guess I forgot about that bit. But then that begs the question of how he ended up in jail the first time, and why it was necessary to come back, give him information about the future, and then stick him in jail. Wouldn't that change the outcome?
Old 11-17-08, 10:09 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
new theme... everyone they let live is going to fuck them over then, is it?
Old 11-17-08, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am really starting to zone out during this show. I spent more time on the laptop than paying attention to the episode. Its just lost a lot of the season 1 appeal.
Old 11-17-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Excellent episode.
Old 11-17-08, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Finally a good episode.
Old 11-17-08, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I am really starting to zone out during this show. I spent more time on the laptop than paying attention to the episode.
Net p0rn will do that.

Its just lost a lot of the season 1 appeal.
Really?
Old 11-17-08, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great episode.

I like how Richard Schiff's character went from somewhat sympathetic to a total psycho in a few minutes. The scene of him lecturing in front of all the terminators and their red eyes was damn spooky. I wanted to shoot him right there for being a traitor.

I love the Cameron/John road trip, especially the part when Cameron hung up on Derek because he didn't enter the proper security code.

Did anyone catch that John took the picture of Sarah when he left Ellison's house?

Last edited by ckw4b; 11-17-08 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-18-08, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't think the show's lost ANY of its appeal. It's one of the very few shows that I really consider must see tv right now.

I'm hoping for a 10 year run. Right up until, in our real lives, that the machines take over and cancel the show because it casts them in a mostly negative light.
Old 11-18-08, 12:07 AM

I just watched the episode again (yes, I am a geek) and caught that Cameron turned over Ellison like a turtle after she kicked his ass.
Old 11-18-08, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I'm hoping for a 10 year run. Right up until, in our real lives, that the machines take over and cancel the show because it casts them in a mostly negative light.
Nice; I think that might be happening with the move to Friday.

Great episode on account of the traitor story but I would have liked Sarah's storyline to be tightened up. For some reason, her parts of the show tend to be the weakest.
Old 11-18-08, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 607 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by ckw4b
I just watched the episode again (yes, I am a geek) and caught that Cameron turned over Ellison like a turtle after she kicked his ass.
That was a great scene - had me crackin' up.

I thought it was cool that Derek and what's-her-face talked about the probability of divergent futures. My feeling is that any terminators coming back through time should all be different due to changes happening in what would be their past. Each time one gets sent back, it should be fracturing the future as they "know" it.
Old 11-18-08, 04:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts
Really good episode.

I agree with the above comment about the Charles Fischer subplot. I really enjoyed that part of tonight's episode.

Loved the scene where Cameron was kicking the shit out of Ellison.

I'm not sure where they were going with Sarah's dreams and her getting sick.

Someone needs to post a Jpeg of Stephanie Jacobsen in the jeans and wife beater tank top. Damn, she looked really sexy.
Old 11-18-08, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
can someone help me on the Fisher / Derick

In his time line he was never tortured - and he came back in time first leaving his girl behind..... then he changed some things in the past.... she comes back and remembers him being tortured.

This is how I see it: as a result of him tormenting that kid he gets his revenge by torturing Derick in the future.

or.... could memories just be erased by changing something in the past/present day? This does not make sense because if they ever do stop judgement day, they would find themselves standing in a room with weapons in hand wondering "how did I get here?"
Old 11-18-08, 09:00 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
god damned, I still can't get over how much I like Brian Austin Greene in this. He is such a fucking badass!
Old 11-18-08, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,132 Posts
Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.

In his time line he was never tortured - and he came back in time first leaving his girl behind..... then he changed some things in the past.... she comes back and remembers him being tortured.

This is how I see it: as a result of him tormenting that kid he gets his revenge by torturing Derick in the future.

or.... could memories just be erased by changing something in the past/present day? This does not make sense because if they ever do stop judgement day, they would find themselves standing in a room with weapons in hand wondering "how did I get here?"
yeah but that whole conversation was a "Why don't you remember?" with a little "What if?"(different time lines theory) mixed in for good measure. I'm still not trusting the Smokin' Hot GF but I'll give her the Benefit of the doubt for the time being.
Old 11-18-08, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by CPA-ESQ.

No, if they stop judgement day then not only will the memories be gone but also the events as well. So they won't all of a sudden be standing in a room with weapons, they won't even have those weapons and just be going on their lives like normal.

And no he doesn't get revenge on Derick since he is dead. It could be the kid himself who gets revenge on Derick if he still becomes the fischer that the old guy was.
Old 11-18-08, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Although I am still unsure as to whether or not The Urinator is bad or not...perhaps she is good after all and is working to create a Computer Program that can combat SkyNet, a human-allied computer program (much like the humans that work with/for SkyNet). Or maybe she is trying to create a program in place of SkyNet that won't bring about Judgment Day? Or maybe she is just evil and trying to speed up Judgment Day?
I definitely don't think she is good. I mean we've already seen her kill several people for indiscriminate reasons which Cameron has already says is against their purpose. They only kill when something is blocking them from the completion of their mission. The Urinator killed the guy in the bathroom seemingly for no real reason except that he didn't like her.
Old 11-18-08, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 607 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by tanman
No, if they stop judgement day then not only will the memories be gone but also the events as well. So they won't all of a sudden be standing in a room with weapons, they won't even have those weapons and just be going on their lives like normal.
That depends on which theory of time travel you go with. For the people in current time, nothing would change. They would still know that they had been battling robots from the future. As for the Future People who traveled back to Current Time, they would be existing in a now-divergent timeline from the one they came from - that happened the moment they traveled back. Basically, assuming they had a means of going back to their own time, things would be different simply due to the "butterfly effect" of them having gone back in time in the first place.

Imagine this scenario - Derek comes back from 14 years in the future. Instead of trying to stop Skynet from ever forming, he decides to nuke the entire planet and kill everyone and everything. He succeeds in doing so. Therefore, the future he came from cannot exist at all because everyone died in our present, which means - without divergent timelines - he could never have traveled back in time because he was already dead 14 years before he originally did travel back.

See how easy it is?
Old 11-18-08, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

But then that begs the question of how he ended up in jail the first time, and why it was necessary to come back, give him information about the future, and then stick him in jail.
Why would the "first time" he ended up in jail have to be different? The situation could simply be a causality loop.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.