Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

True Blood - "I Don't Wanna Know" - 11/09/08

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-08, 06:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
This show always gets dragged down by the "hip Vampire bullshit" that I will hence refer to as HVBS.

As a poster previously said, the vamps watching the trial and hissing and getting their fangs out is HVBS. Vampires believing humans are lesser beings and only live to serve is HVBS.

Vampires being all black leather and lace and being sexed up all the time is HVBS. Going by True Blood and basically every other vampire story on film I don't see how a vampire has time to hunt or feed seeing as how they must dress up in black, listen to heavy metal, and play with themselves all day.
I would see cause for concern if all of the vampires in the show were like you described. But they aren't. So that just makes them like humans -- everyone being different.

And maybe the vamps show their fangs because they are hungry. It's kind of like humans licking their lips.
Old 11-15-08, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,805 Likes on 1,127 Posts
Originally Posted by cornflakeguy
This show always gets dragged down by the "hip Vampire bullshit" that I will hence refer to as HVBS.

As a poster previously said, the vamps watching the trial and hissing and getting their fangs out is HVBS. Vampires believing humans are lesser beings and only live to serve is HVBS.

Vampires being all black leather and lace and being sexed up all the time is HVBS. Going by True Blood and basically every other vampire story on film I don't see how a vampire has time to hunt or feed seeing as how they must dress up in black, listen to heavy metal, and play with themselves all day.

Originally Posted by conscience
I would see cause for concern if all of the vampires in the show were like you described. But they aren't. So that just makes them like humans -- everyone being different.

And maybe the vamps show their fangs because they are hungry. It's kind of like humans licking their lips.

All good points. The HVBS is annoying but that's how Modern Vamps are portrayed.
Old 11-15-08, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
So there are standard vamps. They also have hillbilly vamps. Vampires are like a box of chocolate, you never know what you are going to get.