Search this Thread

Old 11-03-08, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Prison Break -- "Greatness Achieved" -- 11/3/08

Prison Break S4

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

While Michael, Linc, Bellick and Sucre navigate the GATE basement looking for a way to break into Company headquarters, a police detective upstairs questions T-Bag about Andrew Blauner's disappearance. Meanwhile, Gretchen has a meeting with Pad Man; Wyatt has a proposal for Sara (which Self records) and Mahone waits for his turn with the Company hit man.

The start of 5 straight new episodes until the mid-season finale.
Old 11-03-08, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
Alex is a bad man.
Old 11-03-08, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THAT WAS AMAZING!

Every episode this season has been great, a definite improvement on last season. This is up there with Season One.

Sadly, I think Bellick is going to die before the end of this episode.
Old 11-03-08, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I can't believe they killed Bellick, I guess he finally achieved his greatness. Another amazing episode. The scenes with Mahone were fantastic, and Michael is getting worse and worse...how can that possibly end well for him? man this season is great.

Last edited by firteen88; 11-03-08 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-03-08, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Not sure if I should spoiler stuff for those that haven't seen the episode, so I'll ere on the side of caution.

Spoiler:
My favourite seen was when the camera zoomed in on Wyatt's hands to show how Mahone had "tied" him up with the cinder block. And then Wyatt says, "We are the same person..." and Mahone pushes him off. Then it zooms out and shows Mahone standing there. It was a very powerful scene. And of course the torture when he made Wyatt apologize and said "Call her by her first name." The whole episode I was worried that somehow Wyatt would get the upper-hand and take Mahone out.

My thoughts on Bellick:

Spoiler:
I'm very sad to see Bellick go. He was one of my favourite characters. He was a complex guy, and without a doubt has had the most character growth of anyone else on the series. I respect what he did though, and I while I hate to see him killed off, I like that they did it in a self-sacrificing way that sort of completed his transformation as a person. That he recognized Lincoln's love for his son and recalled how his dad was good to him until he died, really was nice. Too bad Linc had to ruin it with his, "Let's just get this done" response. I think it's nice though because Bellick new that it was more important for L.J. that Lincoln live and have a father. I loved the "twist" of Michael yelling for Lincoln to get out of the tunnel, and then realizing it was Bellick.

I stand by my above post. Truly a fantastic episode. I think they need to end the series this season. It would undoubtedly be ending it on a high-note before it has overstayed its welcome too much.

And awesome at Self recording and manipulating Wyatt's voice to trick The General.
Old 11-03-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, I didn't expect Bellick to die. Loved the Alex and Wyatt scenes. For a second, I thought Alex was gonna commit suicide after he push Wyatt into the river.
Old 11-03-08, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So we really never see Bellick or Wyatt actually dead. Hmmmmmmmmmm.......
Old 11-04-08, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
I had a blast watching this episode.

The scenes with Alex using the crazy ass acupuncture techniques were fucking awesome. For such a cold blooded person, I was actually shocked to see Wyatt experience so much pain.

I'm just amazed every week when T-Bag continues to bullshit his way playing Cole Pfeiffer. I don't quite get how he was able to manipulate the paperwork to make the other guy look guilty. I loved how he just kept rambling on to the Detective.

Seriously, was anyone grossed out when the General started making out with Gretchen?

Sad to see Brad go. He and Sucre had such good comic chemistry together.
Old 11-04-08, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
I actually called Bellick's death in one of the threads earlier this season, as I really couldn't understand why he was brought back other than to be a sacrificial lamb. Bellick's character had the most change from the start of the series, but he went from being a hard ass prison guard to prison bitch in season 3. This season he was mostly comic relief. He at least got to go out a hero, though it would have been nice to have a better buildup for it than just the one episode.
Old 11-04-08, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
I had a blast watching this episode.

Seriously, was anyone grossed out when the General started making out with Gretchen?

Yes, I definitely was!

Outside of that it was a great episode though. I am definitely curious to see how Scofield holds up the rest of the season. He wasn't doing too well in this episode.
Old 11-04-08, 07:20 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
awesome episode, i can't actually believe they went ahead and let Mahone kill Wyatt

Bellick's ending should have been more of a blaze of glory

great performances by all. Only sarah was annoying me
Old 11-04-08, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While my original vote was for Bellick, there were a number of times where I thought it just might have been someone else who was going to be offed.

I just kept expecting Mr. Cool Assassin to free himself and kill someone while escaping.

Oh, and wasn't the Gate office on an upper floor? I could have sworn that T-Bag entered the office after exiting an elevator. And it is amazing that only those in his office heard the banging pipes but no one else seemed to be bothered.

Also - wouldn't the water in the pipe come in low and build up as the pressure restored? One would think that Bellick could have "ridden" the water to the pipe end, no?
Old 11-04-08, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
AWESOME. Best episode of the season, maybe the series.

The Mahone scenes were SUPERB. I liked how even the Homeland Security dude left him alone, because everyone knew what he had to do.

And Bellick--from a sadistic guard to giving his life to help former inmates. Pretty cool, actually. Not overdone but very nicely played. Too bad, though--he finally gets out of his Fruit of the Looms and Zubaz from Sona only to end up swept down a drain pipe...
Old 11-04-08, 09:27 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Great installment last night -- one of Prison Break's strongest episodes.
Old 11-04-08, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Mahone was definitely bad ass.

Someone was offed a lot quicker then I expected.
Old 11-04-08, 10:16 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

^Or not. PB has brought characters back from being "dead" before.
Old 11-04-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fantastic...

Mahone is the man but I am very sad to see Bellick go
Old 11-04-08, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so is "you're my baby" some kind of trigger word for Gretchen? Every time he said it, she seemed to shut down.
Old 11-04-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

the scenes with Gretchen were a little strange. Not too sure what's going on there.
Old 11-04-08, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Updated!

Old 11-04-08, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
The was things are progressing in that promo shot Gretchen or Rapaport is the next to go.
Old 11-04-08, 01:56 PM

Don't count either of those guys as out of the picture yet - even if there is a photo of someone holding up your severed head, you can still come back.

The General is one of the most unnatural actors I've ever seen as a major character on a network show - maybe that was why he only wrote notes previously.
Old 11-04-08, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I agree with whoever said Bellick could have rode the water until the end of the pipe. The water wouldn't have just filled the pipe all of a sudden, it would've had to get to the end before it was truly filled, so perhaps there is a chance...but Michael seemed convinced there wasn't.

The one thing I noticed is that he was standing in front of the pipe they used as a bridge; made me think he did that intentionally so that when the water came he would hit the pipe and be knocked unconscious, so as not to have to be awake when he drowned. Although maybe I'm looking too much into that and the only way to have him stare death in the face would be in front of the pipe, because behind the pipe would've blocked the shot.
Old 11-05-08, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by kstublen
I agree with whoever said Bellick could have rode the water until the end of the pipe. The water wouldn't have just filled the pipe all of a sudden, it would've had to get to the end before it was truly filled, so perhaps there is a chance...but Michael seemed convinced there wasn't.
I don't think it would have worked quite like that. It's not like it was a closed container that would have slowly filled up, but instead it was a pipe that had a whole lot of water going through it. As Michael put it, "30,000 gallons of water rushing through this very spot every second". Now, while the system might not have come on at full force right away, even if it was a fraction of that, it would have been a heck of an impact to Bellick, most likely sweeping him away.
Old 11-05-08, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
The one thing I noticed is that he was standing in front of the pipe they used as a bridge; made me think he did that intentionally so that when the water came he would hit the pipe and be knocked unconscious, so as not to have to be awake when he drowned.
I thought the exact same thing. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he's still alive.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.