Search this Thread

Old 10-29-08, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Sons of Anarchy -- "Hell Followed" -- 10/29/08

Sons of Anarchy

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

SAMCRO plans to retaliate against a rival biker club while dealing with a wounded Cameron Hayes in the clubhouse. Meanwhile, Jax, Bobby and Opie set out to put an end to the gun debt for good.

Old 10-30-08, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone watch? I hope so cause I was wondering what the hell was Jax burning at the end? Besides Dutch that is...
Old 10-30-08, 11:31 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts
His dad's writings? I wasn't paying close attention but that's what it looked like to me.
Old 10-31-08, 01:56 AM

Thats what I thought but it seemed weird. Considering it has that whole Hamlet vibe I didnt see a thing where he though he should disregard his dads writings. I figured they were Dutch's files.
Old 10-31-08, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess he burned it because he was committing to the club/outlaw lifestyle, and giving up on whatever his dad's vision was. Maybe he felt killing Dutch put him beyond redemption. Then he changed his mind.

This wasn't a bad episode, but I thought it would have more action. I don't watch previews normally but I caught some promos while flipping around earlier this week. They left me with the impression it would be action packed, which led to disappointment and remembering why I don't watch previews.
Old 10-31-08, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It looked like Dutch's files to me. It was in what looked like a folder and not a notebook.
Old 10-31-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They showed the title page before he tossed it and it was his dad's memoirs. I didn't catch the whole thing but it was something about how the club was formed. I would post a screen grab but I already deleted it. The folder was the black motorcycle project binder he kept it in.
Old 11-02-08, 10:02 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
i want a full gang war
Old 11-02-08, 03:11 PM

Yea after I did my post I kinda thought that maybe it was his dads writings since after killing Dutch and okaying the deal with Mayas, and not caring about his kid that he figured he was already going against it all. Though Why burn em if his dad meant much to him, he would treasure them no matter what. Ah well.

Yea the past few previews have showed pure action and major shifts, but it all ends up being something different.
Old 11-02-08, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who was the fat guy they killed outside the motel and why?
Old 11-02-08, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

He was a bureaucrat in charge customs at the dock the Irish use to smuggle guns into the country for SAMCRO. He was going to shut down the operation and the IRA guy with a bullet in his ass was suppose take care of it before he got shot. I think the fat guy also had their last IRA contact killed, and since he was a friend of the club the gang felt it wouldn't just be murder for hirer to take him out.
Old 11-02-08, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wmansir
He was a bureaucrat in charge customs at the dock the Irish use to smuggle guns into the country for SAMCRO. He was going to shut down the operation and the IRA guy with a bullet in his ass was suppose take care of it before he got shot. I think the fat guy also had their last IRA contact killed, and since he was a friend of the club the gang felt it wouldn't just be murder for hirer to take him out.
Oh. The whole explanation of that in the episode totally went over my head I guess.
Old 11-03-08, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by wmansir
They showed the title page before he tossed it and it was his dad's memoirs. I didn't catch the whole thing but it was something about how the club was formed. I would post a screen grab but I already deleted it. The folder was the black motorcycle project binder he kept it in.
he does end up pulling them back out of the fire though too..
Old 11-03-08, 09:30 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
the problem with a gang war is for it to be remotely realistic, there would have to be some SAMCRO casualties and i guess they aren't ready to trim the cast yet
Old 11-03-08, 09:47 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Original Desmond
the problem with a gang war is for it to be remotely realistic, there would have to be some SAMCRO casualties and i guess they aren't ready to trim the cast yet
not really... they could always whack off a bunch of people from the other charters... the equivilent of Star Trek's red shirts.