Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 13 -- "Do It Like a Madman" -- 10/26/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-08, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LiquidSky
I only started watching the show last season. Does each season have at least one episode that's non-elimination?
Yes. Actually there are a few every season.

Besides the apparent douchbag Guido look, the son of the mother-son team seems normal.

I thought this was going to be a non-elimination round too but I knew the black couple had almost no chance of catching up despite TAR's effort to make it appear like they could.

I'm kind of looking forward to the husband blowing up at his thin-eyebrowed wife next week.
Old 10-27-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
They usually don't do any non-elimination legs until there are only 6 teams left. I read that it's due to production costs. The more teams they trim early, they less cost the production incurs flying them around the world. Also, when they put the non-elim's on the back-end, you've had more time with them, so you're more invested in the smaller number of teams in the last part of the show.

Originally Posted by DRG
Despite their race skidding to a halt AND their leg sinking, Terrence and Phili.... err, Sarah
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that inside his head.
Old 10-27-08, 09:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it was fair for that one team to have to deal with the broken motor in their boat. That's not their fault. Production should've provided another boat just like they do when a car breaks down on the road.
Old 10-27-08, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog
That's why I thought at first there would be a bunch-up (doors don't open until X) point. Then when there wasn't, I figured it would be non-elim.
I am thinking the great equalizer in this episode was supposed to be the connecting flight. Athough two teams were able to catch a flight that was 4hours earlier than others, it didn't matter since they all boarded the same plane in Singapore that took them to Siem Reap. It was just Ty and Aja totally screwed up in the last episode and fell far way behind than the what the producers had probably anticipated.
Old 10-27-08, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My husband is a big Steely Dan fan, and he wondered if Aja was born after 1977 and named after that album.
Old 10-27-08, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I wonder how they got into Angkor Wat with so few people. I was under the impression that it always had tons and tons of people wandering through the site. Pretty cool that they had part of the race there.