Eli Stone -- "Grace" -- 10/21/08

Old 10-21-08, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
Eli Stone -- "Grace" -- 10/21/08

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Eli begins a fling with an attorney (Katie Holmes) he meets at a baseball game---after already having seen her singing to him in one of his visions. Meanwhile, Eli and Maggie help a man that wants to put a stop to a military burial for his son, who died in Iraq.

Mrs. Tom Cruise alert!!
Old 10-22-08, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 147 Posts
For the most part I liked this more than the first episode this year; I'm glad to see Eli and Maggie back working together as I feel it's the strongest part of the show. The only thing that didn't really work for me was the Kate Cruise portion of the episode.
Old 10-23-08, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really dislike Katie Holmes more and more every time I see her. She was the worst thing in Batman Begins (although Maggie Gyllenhaal was definitely not better). I was indifferent to her prior to the whole Tom Cruise thing since I didn't watch DC, but given her oversaturation, she just irks me to no end now.

As for the series, I really like it, but they need to have Eli and Maggie together on screen more. That was probably my favorite part of the show last year. I can't remember, did she get married or is she still engaged?
Old 10-23-08, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
I can't remember, did she get married or is she still engaged?
Still engaged. IIRC she made some mention of wedding preparations either this or last episode.

Enjoyed everything but Katie Holmes. Have just about had enough of her. I actually would drop this show if she'd become a regular. Definitely want more Katey Sagal though!
Old 10-23-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, I despise KH and wasn't looking forward to the episode much. And as it began and she was doing her dancing/singing I thought "ug this is awful". But her appearance after that I found kinda good. It REALLY surprised me at the end when I thought she was actually good in the episode. Or maybe it because I was watching in bed, w/ my glasses off, and nearly ready to fall asleep.
Old 10-24-08, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This was not a very good episode. Katie Holmes wasn't so great either. They've been raving how great a singer she is but that's not what I heard. I couldn't make a word of what she sang either. Eli falls for her just like that? Doesn't compute! And has he forgotten he had a vision in the last season where he's apparently married to Maggie and they have a child together? If his father's notebook is accurately predicting his son's future, he should be reading it all the way through and exploring that.