DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Sons of Anarchy -- "Old Bones" -- 10/15/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/541683-sons-anarchy-old-bones-10-15-08-a.html)

DJariya 10-15-08 12:47 PM

Sons of Anarchy -- "Old Bones" -- 10/15/08

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

When old bones are discovered on the outskirts of Charming, secrets that Clay buried are exhumed as well. Meanwhile, SAMCRO sets its sights on prize money, backing Half-Sack in a bare-knuckle brawl, and Kohn's investigation turns personal when his true intentions are revealed.

Snowmaker 10-15-08 01:26 PM

Not having an HD FX channel, I wait and watch these in HD on On Demand.

I don't understand why Comcast offers them in HD On Demand when they don't have an HD channel for FX. Weird.

Geofferson 10-15-08 02:17 PM

My favorite new show of the season -- I look forward to it every week. :up:

Shamus McAnally 10-16-08 01:04 AM

Really like this show a lot!

I was surprised how quickly this whole Dutch thing evolved. (Or maybe it hasn't yet.)

This show is good and holds a lot of promise too.

FinkPish 10-16-08 01:34 AM

Apparently Jay Karnes broke his nose when he got pushed into the mirror in the barbershop.

Charlie Goose 10-16-08 08:11 AM

Funny when Half Sack saw his old lady kissing Clay, and went nuts in the ring when he was supposed to lose.

SexualPudding 10-16-08 01:29 PM

Are Jax's dads bones in there with Lowell's dad and whoever else? They sure seemed to be hinting at that.

Deftones 10-16-08 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by FinkPish (Post 9007643)
Apparently Jay Karnes broke his nose when he got pushed into the mirror in the barbershop.

in real life? crazy.

Originally Posted by SexualPudding (Post 9008987)
Are Jax's dads bones in there with Lowell's dad and whoever else? They sure seemed to be hinting at that.

that's kind of what i thought, but they didn't bother taking the other bones, so maybe not quite what they were implying.

SPRBD 10-16-08 03:46 PM

I thought that all of the bones were identifying.

Still, something weird is going on.

SexualPudding 10-16-08 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by SPRBD (Post 9009319)
I thought that all of the bones were identifying.

Still, something weird is going on.

I think they all were identified, but Jax only pulled the tag for Lowell, Sr. and didn't bother looking at the rest. Also, Clay told Lowell that it was his dad and two "Mayans", but he had also earlier told one of the other SAMCRO dudes that "they think it's Mayans." Then you had the end of the episode, where he and Gemma were in bed, and she (or he) said "now, the rest can stay buried." I took that to mean the rest of the story, not the rest of the bodies literally.

I also recall Jax saying "hey, that was right around the time my dad died" and Clay gave a bit of a pause and kind of a weird look, and then said "yeah...that's right."

mikehunt 10-16-08 07:18 PM

hmm, dutch pisses in someone's house and the one dude has necrophilia

Snowmaker 10-16-08 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose (Post 9007896)
Funny when Half Sack saw his old lady kissing Clay, and went nuts in the ring when he was supposed to lose.

It's been bugging me where I've seen her before. I looked her up and the only thing that stood out was the short-lived Drive on FOX.

flagstone 10-16-08 10:23 PM

"You were supposed to distract them, not scar them for life." :lol:

Charlie Goose 10-17-08 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by mikehunt (Post 9009744)
and the one dude has necrophilia

"Now get outa here before I rape you both."

SexualPudding 10-17-08 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker (Post 9010022)
It's been bugging me where I've seen her before. I looked her up and the only thing that stood out was the short-lived Drive on FOX.

You don't remember her from 8 Mile or Hustle & Flow?

wmansir 10-17-08 10:43 AM

I don't think Jax's dad was among the bodies. When the cops were pressuring Lowell they said his dad was buried with the enemy, so they had probably identified them as mexicans.

macnorton 10-17-08 11:15 AM

I was under the impression that there were more bodies near the area they haven't found yet. But Jax's dad is somehow involved with this.

Snowmaker 10-17-08 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by SexualPudding (Post 9010289)
You don't remember her from 8 Mile or Hustle & Flow?

I probably would if I had seen either of those movies.

Ravenous 10-17-08 03:12 PM

Good show, sucks to see Dutch written out already. Though I would rather see him lead a show or at least costar in a dutch role caliber ala the sheild. We wasnt major in SoA.

macnorton 10-17-08 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous (Post 9011519)
Good show, sucks to see Dutch written out already. Though I would rather see him lead a show or at least costar in a dutch role caliber ala the sheild. We wasnt major in SoA.

He is set to be in 9 episodes this season, so we have not seen the last of him yet.