Desperate Housewives -- "Kids Ain't Like Everybody Else" -- 10/12/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-08, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Desperate Housewives -- "Kids Ain't Like Everybody Else" -- 10/12/08

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Danielle Van De Kamp is met with criticism when she returns to Wisteria Lane; Gaby and Susan get in a catfight following an altercation between their kids; Tom and Dave form a garage band after Lynette told Tom to get rid of his old things; and Katherine and Mrs. McCluskey invite Edie to lunch to press her for more information on Dave.

Old 10-12-08, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOFL! Gabby and Susan fighting cracked me up! Then, Edie driving by, and seeing them on the ground fighting, saying to herself, "They call me white trash?" LOFL!

Last edited by MadonnasManOne; 10-12-08 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-12-08, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This episode is hilarious!

Katherine: "Oh well, we can still drink, can't we?"

Mrs. McCluskey: (handing her glass over to Katherine) "Oh yeah!"

LOVE IT!
Old 10-12-08, 09:01 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
Bree and Danielle's reunion was great

"He's six and already reads at a third grade level"

"Well, what happens next year when he overtakes you"
Old 10-12-08, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrX

That was a great line. This episode was full of them. Susan telling Gabby, "Your daughter can take down a small deer!" LOFL!!!

Great episode, really. I am really interested in this mystery with Dave. I just hope Karen McCluskey doesn't pay for her suspicions in the end. I really like her, and I don't want to see her dead.

Last edited by MadonnasManOne; 10-12-08 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-12-08, 09:20 PM

Gabby - "Are you saying my daughter is fat for her age?"

Susan - " Your daugher is fat for YOUR age" LOL
Old 10-12-08, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
LOFL! Gabby and Susan fighting cracked me up! Then, Edie driving by, and seeing them on the ground fighting, saying to herself, "They call me white trash?" LOFL!
That was my fav part. Great episode.
Old 10-13-08, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Susan: (To Gaby after pushing Juanita down) "Tell Bob and Lee I'll pay for the dent on their lawn." LOL!
Old 10-13-08, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Yeah, there were a lot of great one-liners in this one.
Old 10-13-08, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Bree giving Benji the hotdog and her reaction when she found out Daniel and he were vegetarians was priceless.
Old 10-13-08, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty good episode but it seems like the same thing happens every week, Brie, Lynette and Susan do something that they shouldn't do but do it because they are only looking out for themselves.
I mean, come on, Lynette kicks over Toms base and blames it on her daughter. The week before she pretends to be someone else on the Internet to trick her son.
She needs to get a life.
Old 10-13-08, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I usually like the housewives, but I found what Bree and Lynette did in this episode to be so despicable, it left a bad taste in my mouth for the entire episode.

I am a vegetarian, and if my mom ever pulled what Bree did, I would never speak to her again. What a flagrant betrayal of her daughter's values, not to mention her grandson's digestion. And to speak ill of the child's mother in front him was just wrong. Whatever sympathy I had for Bree for losing Benjamin went up in flames at that moment.

And Lynnette screwing over Tom AND blaming her daughter for it? That is so beyond the pale, even for Lynnette. I usually like Lynette, because despite her crazy schemes, she usually means well, but here she was just being a selfish, controlling shrew.
Old 10-13-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think if there was something else worth watching in the 9 p.m. EDT timeslot on Sundays, I'd stop having this show on in the background because it's just treading water for me. Sure, these housewives are living up to the "desperate" moniker, but it sure does feel mean-spirited and despicable on a weekly basis.
Old 10-13-08, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I usually like the housewives, but I found what Bree and Lynette did in this episode to be so despicable, it left a bad taste in my mouth for the entire episode.

I am a vegetarian, and if my mom ever pulled what Bree did, I would never speak to her again. What a flagrant betrayal of her daughter's values, not to mention her grandson's digestion. And to speak ill of the child's mother in front him was just wrong. Whatever sympathy I had for Bree for losing Benjamin went up in flames at that moment.

And Lynnette screwing over Tom AND blaming her daughter for it? That is so beyond the pale, even for Lynnette. I usually like Lynette, because despite her crazy schemes, she usually means well, but here she was just being a selfish, controlling shrew.
Agree entirerly. Some times you question their schemes and don't always agree with them but this particular episode they crossed the line.
When you start liking Edy and disliking the other housewives, the show is in trouble.
And what is with the total lack of storyline for Katherine??
Old 10-13-08, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

there were some pretty good quotes in the episode. thought lynette putting the guitar on the floor was a little over the top. dave could turn into an interesting character, want to see what happens with him.
Old 10-13-08, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Great episode. Tons of great one-liners. Interesting that they seemed to have turned Katherine into more comedy relief now that her daughter's gone.

And the kid played Susan's kid is really cute
Old 10-13-08, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
^^ Well, I feel like we're probably finally seeing more of the real Katherine. That year when we were introduced to her was all about hiding and keeping secrets, putting on a different face for everyone else's benefit. Now things are out in the open. She's happy.

Some great moments, but it would nice to feel like this season was going somewhere. Yes, we do have the Edie's husband storyline, but that's on such a slow boil that it's hard for me to care too much about it. I'm wondering if his getting closer to Tom factors into his dastardly plans.
Old 10-14-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Agree with Jadzia. I was watching the episode, and thought to myself that Tom would do himself a favor leaving Lynette. What a controlling, manipulative, joyless ****. Honestly, how could anyone want to be with someone like that?

Bree was really over the top as well. I'll admit I laughed at her comments, but man what on earth was she thinking? Does she really have so little self-control. I found Orson's accusation of her a little odd as well. I thought it was strange that he thought she could somehow keep the baby from the birth mother, but he could have really shredded her for her behavior on that day.
Old 10-14-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MrX

Excellent zinger! Bree is always my favorite.

It's about time the old Gaby came back when she threatened to drive into Bree's son's car. If she could only put on a little make-up and do her hair. Just because they are broke and have kids doesn't mean she has to totally let herself go.
Old 10-14-08, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, some great one-liners.

Too bad there's not a real plot line to go along with the zingers.
Old 10-15-08, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
They need to bring the gay guys in more. They were good for teh funny.
Old 10-15-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
They need to rename this show to "Passive-Aggressive Housewives".
Old 10-15-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. (except for me being a vegetarian)
Old 10-15-08, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have no idea what your marital/parental status is, so I'm asking this hypothetically strictly out of curiosity:

Since you're a vegitarian, any kids you have you would forbid from ever trying meat simply because you don't eat it? You would not let them decide for themselves if they want it or not when they're old enough to make those decisions?
Old 10-15-08, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
They need to bring the gay guys in more. They were good for teh funny.
Why have them move in if they aren't given a story?

Last edited by riley_dude; 10-15-08 at 02:05 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.