TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

How I Met Your Mother - "I Heart NJ" - 10/06/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-08, 11:46 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
How I Met Your Mother - "I Heart NJ" - 10/06/08

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Barney was good ad Marshall declaring why he loves New Jersey was pretty funny. And looks like they are continuing to set things up for a Barney and Robin relationship
Old 10-06-08, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you sure about that? The ending seems to indicate that the gang won't be seeing Robin too much in the future?

The running gag with Barney needing a fist bump was pretty good.

Are we ever going to see Dowisewtrepia?
Old 10-07-08, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I didn't like the ending to this episode. I have found myself disliking Stella more and more with each episode. Maybe that's what they are trying to do, who knows.

Always enjoy Barney's antics though. The intro and his fist bump were all good.
Old 10-07-08, 06:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was actually hoping that Stella was going to be out of the picture after this episode. That the move to NJ would just be too much but I guess we have to put up with Stella longer.

A suck fish and blow fish.
Old 10-07-08, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by pridesticks06
I didn't like the ending to this episode. I have found myself disliking Stella more and more with each episode. Maybe that's what they are trying to do, who knows.

Always enjoy Barney's antics though. The intro and his fist bump were all good.
Originally Posted by Alyoshka
I was actually hoping that Stella was going to be out of the picture after this episode. That the move to NJ would just be too much but I guess we have to put up with Stella longer.

A suck fish and blow fish.
I agree, I just don't like her very much. I don't know why exactly though. I suppose I liked Ted & Robin, then Ted & Victoria. But yeah, I was hoping they would break up. No clue what they're gonna do w/ Robin.
Old 10-07-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Boy, Stella was a bitch. She wouldn't even discuss where to live with Ted, and stomped out of the room when he tried to talk about it.

Marshall's rant about how he secretly hates NYC was pretty funny.

It is very wrong to leave someone hanging with a fist bump or high five.
Old 10-07-08, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No one commenting about Stella in underwear? :P

Barney made me laugh. A lot. I even cried.
Old 10-07-08, 09:39 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Apparently I'm in the minority, but I wanted to punch Ted in the face more than normal this episode. Was at Stella's New Yorker comments.
Old 10-07-08, 12:41 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts
I can't imagine we'll have an ensemble show where one of the main characters is in an exotic foreign land and another one is in Japan. My guess is that both Ted's and Robin's moves are short-term story arcs.
Old 10-07-08, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by JasonF
I can't imagine we'll have an ensemble show where one of the main characters is in an exotic foreign land and another one is in Japan. My guess is that both Ted's and Robin's moves are short-term story arcs.
my guess was that robin goes to japan, it falls through, then moves in with Ted while she looks for a job (and then something about a goat in the bathroom?), since Ted spends all his time in NJ anyway.

i think in one of the earlier episodes, the voiceover (saget) mentions robin eventually does travel, and goes to japan, etc?
Old 10-07-08, 01:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Snowlarbear
my guess was that robin goes to japan, it falls through, then moves in with Ted while she looks for a job (and then something about a goat in the bathroom?), since Ted spends all his time in NJ anyway.

i think in one of the earlier episodes, the voiceover (saget) mentions robin eventually does travel, and goes to japan, etc?
I really enjoyed this episode as well... I like Stella and I can relate with what Ted is going through as far as deciding on a move..

Grown up Ted(Saget) does mention that she goes to several locations...
Old 10-07-08, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I enjoyed Robin's victory dancing.
Old 10-07-08, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Boy, Stella was a bitch. She wouldn't even discuss where to live with Ted, and stomped out of the room when he tried to talk about it.
Out of curiosity, are you married or are you in a serious relationship? If you know any women who are willing to have rational conversations, please send them my way.

Originally Posted by Snowlarbear

Dude, you're like the wikipedia of HOMYM. Bravo.
Old 10-07-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by madcougar
If you know any women who are willing to have rational conversations, please send them my way.
Touché, pussy cat.
Old 10-07-08, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
stella had some points WRT the kid in school and other things
plus, she probably pays less for that house than ted pays for his 3rd of the rent
Old 10-07-08, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
I enjoyed Robin's victory dancing.
Very nice, but nowhere as nice as Stella in her underwear on the couch.
Old 10-08-08, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What happened at the very end of the episode? I just watched it on my DVR. The screen went black for me right after Lily finally gives Barney the fist tap?

It sounds like something big happened based on the comments...urg, darn you poor tv signal.

Speaking of How I Met Your Mother, anyone pick up The Bro Code read by non other than Barney Stinson? My audio copy just came today in the mial. I got a flight tomorrow and listening to this should be a good way to kill a few hours.
Old 10-08-08, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
Loved how Barney eventually hung his arm from the ceiling. What a freakin' great running gag.

Originally Posted by dcprules
What happened at the very end of the episode? I just watched it on my DVR. The screen went black for me right after Lily finally gives Barney the fist tap?
After Lilly fist-bumped him, Barney made another lame joke, said "UP TOP!", and waited for a high-five. Lily gave him a look, and Barney said, "oh, no...". It then cut to everyone at the bar, Barney STILL had his hand up waiting for a high five. Robin comes in, says she didn't get the job, but that she took another job as a foreign correspondent. And that she was going to Japan. Cut to Barney with a sad look on his face.

Being a tall guy myself (6'8"), I LOVED Marshall's rant about being too big for NYC. I've been there a few times, and he is damn spot on. But that goes for a lot of cities in the US. DAMN ELF DOORWAYS!
Old 10-08-08, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Very nice, but nowhere as nice as Stella in her underwear on the couch.
I thought someone would have posted a screen-cap by now.
Old 10-08-08, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dcprules

It sounds like something big happened based on the comments...urg, darn you poor tv signal.

Speaking of How I Met Your Mother, anyone pick up The Bro Code read by non other than Barney Stinson? My audio copy just came today in the mial. I got a flight tomorrow and listening to this should be a good way to kill a few hours.
How long is The Bro Code? I saw that Amazon had the book itself for roughly $10, and was considering picking it up.
Old 10-08-08, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by invisiblegt
How long is The Bro Code? I saw that Amazon had the book itself for roughly $10, and was considering picking it up.
Are you serious? I need to get that!!!! Nice info.. BUMP IT......
Old 10-08-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

... it's like when I was 13 years old and learned how to lock the bathroom's door.
Old 10-08-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not a great episode but Barney was gold again.
Old 10-08-08, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
I thought it was a great episode. I liked how they were showing that most NY's have a disdain for Jersey until they end up moving there.
Old 10-09-08, 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by invisiblegt
208 pages per amazon

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.