TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Goodbye to All That" -- 10/6/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-08, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by mytzplyx
Nice.

Did anyone else catch the reference to Baum? At the military academy, both Derek and John's names were "Baum", I'm assuming an homage to L. Frank Baum, the original author of the Wizard of Oz novels.
I think the guy who wrote post 17 noticed.
Old 10-10-08, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the official T-SCC blog, Fox has given the go-ahead for 2 additional scripts to be written, i.e., episodes 14 and 15.

Finally, some good news!

http://fox.com/blogs/terminator/2008...status-update/
Old 10-10-08, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Originally Posted by ckw4b
According to the official T-SCC blog, Fox has given the go-ahead for 2 additional scripts to be written, i.e., episodes 14 and 15.

Finally, some good news!

http://fox.com/blogs/terminator/2008...status-update/
That's actually the 1st good news I've heard about this show in a long time. The ratings need to pick up though to guarantee the back 9.
Old 10-10-08, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DJariya
That's actually the 1st good news I've heard about this show in a long time. The ratings need to pick up though to guarantee the back 9.
Better scripts would help with less of Pregnant woman and toilet Terminator who sucks the life out of every scene.
Old 10-10-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Oh stop. Just give them time with the characters.
Old 10-11-08, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
How is Sarah paying for rent, food, etc.? How did she get the Dodge Ram? How did John and Derek come up with fake papers so they could get into the military school? Last season, they had to pay Enrique's nephew for fake ID's, etc., so how did they fake convincing school records on their own? Shouldn't the boy have been more upset about being kept from his parents, or more worried about his parents' lives after a robot tried to kill him? Wouldn't he have tried running away from Sarah, who was a stranger to him? Having him trust her was one thing, but having him rest his head on her lap was ridiculous!
Old 10-11-08, 09:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mikehunt
nice Barrett 82A1 action
/agree
Old 10-11-08, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
How is Sarah paying for rent, food, etc.? How did she get the Dodge Ram? How did John and Derek come up with fake papers so they could get into the military school? Last season, they had to pay Enrique's nephew for fake ID's, etc., so how did they fake convincing school records on their own? Shouldn't the boy have been more upset about being kept from his parents, or more worried about his parents' lives after a robot tried to kill him? Wouldn't he have tried running away from Sarah, who was a stranger to him? Having him trust her was one thing, but having him rest his head on her lap was ridiculous!

I've always understood Sarah to have stashed Guns, Cash, fake ID's, and other "survival" related things.

I hear what you're sayin' about the boy but then again, it's not like Sarah and Cameron kidnapped him, beat him, then tied him up. He saw that she saved his life and she even said she was there to keep him safe.
Old 10-13-08, 07:59 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
They had a few hundred thousand dollars worth of diamonds from the last season.

Any episode this week?
Old 10-13-08, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by Save Ferris
Any episode this week?
No new episode this week - baseball. According to the DVR the show's back next week.