Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Heroes -- "I Am Become Death" -- 10.06.2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-08, 08:20 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts
THANK GOD THEY ARE ADDING =ANOTHER= CHARACTER!

because that's exactly what this show needs.

...I'm close to bailing too.
Old 10-11-08, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I think so. When was future Peter introduced? Was it before he had Claire's ability?
Future Peter Petrelli is first mentioned by by soul-patch-and-sword-carrying Future Hiro when he traveled back in time to tell Peter to "Save the cheerleader, save the world," around episode five. FHiro tells Peter that he almost didn't recognize him without the scar.

Future Peter is first seen later in the season when Hiro travels to the future. That particular future took place after Peter nuked NYC and Claire was alive and in hiding. This is after Peter met and saved Claire in the present time. (Though as we've now seen, Claire is able to survive Sylar's brain-eating. So she wouldn't have necessarily been dead in the first FHiro's past; possibly in hiding and assumed dead after Sylar gained her abilities.)
Old 10-11-08, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I still really enjoy this show.

That said, I think what made this show so popular was that it appealed to a wide-range of the general public. Now, the episodes are SO complicated and have so many characters and plots that the casual viewer is left wondering what the heck is going on.

I hope it stays around a lot longer, but I don't see any way viewership would increase given the complexities of the storylines.
Old 10-12-08, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Future Peter Petrelli is first mentioned by by soul-patch-and-sword-carrying Future Hiro when he traveled back in time to tell Peter to "Save the cheerleader, save the world," around episode five. FHiro tells Peter that he almost didn't recognize him without the scar.
That's funny that you mention Hiro saying that to scarless Peter when future Sylar/Gabriel didn't even notice until little Noah said something.
Old 10-13-08, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My weekly reply to all the thoughtless bitching.

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
- Hiro has to "physically" dig up Adam? WTF?.....really.... WHAT THE FUCK!!!!
Why wouldn't he have to?

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Wonder how Sylar got all of his first season powers back... Isaac's painting, Ted's boom-boom... the thing about this show is it's hard to tell if the writers are trying to drop clues, or if they just don't know what the fuck they're doing.
Did you not see the final episode of Season 2, when Sylar injected himself with Mohinder's serum and got all of his powers back?

And all of this time travel stuff is getting annoying. Whenever someone goes into the future or past, it seems like it creates some kind of alternate timeline or something. This is getting as bad as the X-Men. I expect Cable to show up in the next couple of episodes...
Yeah, since that would likely be the actual result of real time travel. Shame on them.

Originally Posted by Mercury&Solace
Nice cop out answer. If you would actually read the gripes people have posted, you will see that there are some valid gripes to be made about this show. Its not about "hating on everything"
A lot of it is.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
This show isn't even trying to make sense anymore.....

Wasn't it the Haitian that was buying the stolen part of the formula from the speedster?
And the Haitian is working for Ma Petrelli.....
So WTF with her acting like she didn't know where it is?!?
You truly weren't paying a bit of attention. The Haitian was NOT buying from the speedster...the speedster (and Hiro/Ando) were trying to intercept the second half FROM the Haitian.
Old 10-13-08, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,737 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
Did you not see the final episode of Season 2, when Sylar injected himself with Mohinder's serum and got all of his powers back?
No, he only got the telekinesis and his original "how things work" power back.

It was implied by Sylar and later confirmed by one of the writers that he lost everything else.
Old 10-13-08, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't see that implication or confirmation.
Old 10-13-08, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reading these comments is heartening, because I was watching this episode I was thinking how I am starting not to care about this show anymore (which is a feeling I am starting to get for a lot of shows this season) so I was wondering if I am just getting bored or what. I am glad to know it is not just me that this show is not working for.

I don't think the problem is too many characters; the first season had even more characters, but it was masterful the way they introduced them all and you slowly started to see their storylines intersect.

There are some things that are working:

--I am really enjoying the "re-boot" of Ali Larter and I think it was a clever way to re-work her story, by giving her a new character to play. The Niki/Jessica storyline was beyond bad so I am glad with how they have moved on from that.

--I am enjoying the new Sylar - seeing him work with Noah was inspired, and it was touching seeing him be a such a great dad and then lose his son. Sylar, was such an evil bad guy and there was really no other way to keep him interesting than to turn him more into a good character. Reminds me of what they did with Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Terminator to T2. If we would have had another season of evil Sylar running around killing people, that would have been boring.

Now the bad:

--The time travel stuff. It was cool when they did it in the first season, because it was limited. Now they are doing it to much and I agree what many others have said is that it starting to ruin the present-day storyline. Either jump ahead and move the storyline up, or cut the time travel way down.

--Hiro. Such a great character in season 1, as he represented the audience experiincing all the joy and wonderment of discovering his new powers. The boring ancient Japan scenes from season 2 are now no better than the boring scenes with him and Ando now.

--Parkman. Wandering around in the desert and talking to turtles. Wow. I love the actor, but please give him something to do.
Old 10-13-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
This is a case where, just like in the comics, a new team of illustrators and writers come in and have very basic understanding of the story and create a new arc based on what they know/remember. Kind of like Wolverine thru the years has had a number of changes to his character's mythos, yet somehow we are supposed to just follow along. The time travel stuff is seriously screwing up continuity. They need to do some Crisis style resolution to clean everything up and get it back on track.
Old 10-13-08, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Mohinder needs to seriously find the 'time travel' gene so that they can inject it into Hiro and Peter to prevent that gene from working.

Old 10-13-08, 04:11 PM

I think that to anyone that has decided to stop watching this show, just disappear. We do no need you to declare to everyone that you "are about done with this show." Watch or don't watch, who cars, but if you do watch, then post. If you don't like the show then stop posting.
Old 10-13-08, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Mohinder needs to seriously find the 'time travel' gene so that they can inject it into Hiro and Peter to prevent that gene from working.

Poor Mohinder. For two seasons, he felt boring and inadequate because he was the only character without special powers, and now that he has powers, he is still just as boring and inadequate.
Old 10-13-08, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by TeamAnS
I think that to anyone that has decided to stop watching this show, just disappear. We do no need you to declare to everyone that you "are about done with this show." Watch or don't watch, who cars, but if you do watch, then post. If you don't like the show then stop posting.
This is a discussion board. Good and bad. The thread would be mighty boring if it was a weekly love-fest. I'm not saying that people should come here just to post their hatred but you have to take the good with the bad, just like the show.
Old 10-13-08, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But, good or bad, shouldn't it be discussion for people who watch the show?

Now I'll leave this thread since I myself don't watch the show, heh.