Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Celebrity Apprentice 2---Series Discussion--Thursday's on NBC starting January '09

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Celebrity Apprentice 2---Series Discussion--Thursday's on NBC starting January '09

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-09, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Celebrity Apprentice -- Season 2 Discussion Thread -- Premieres 3/1/09

Originally Posted by zuffy
I think when you are as rich as some of these celebrities, why would you want to sleep in a twin size bed shared with many others? Screw that.
I'm not saying they should. I'm saying it takes away from The Apprentice experience and interpersonal dynamics when they don't. They don't get the chance to get on each other's nerves or flirt or or fight about people snoring etc. Have them spend a week with each other and make Herschel sleep in the twin-sized bed with Brande, Clint with Joan, Jessie with Natalie, etc.
Old 04-19-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

About tonight's show. Joan and Melissa continue to win my "love". Seriously, where is there a drive by when you need one. Take them both out, PLEASE! The whole Hitler comparison. And Melissa "resenting" Piers for his observation of both her and Joan. Fuck you, you JAP! And last, Donald's hair. Yeah, old joke. And we know he does the comb over. But what's up with that long hair in the back!? It's just so bizarre looking! And oh.....Donalds apartment. Wow! So tacky. Guess money can't buy class.
Old 04-19-09, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bummer looks like we'll get another week of the Rivers bitches.
Old 04-19-09, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone summarize the teaser for next week ep? I missed it.
Old 04-19-09, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

NBC expanded this to 2 hours so they could show a lot more of the boardroom, but now they are just showing two episodes back to back. Can't they make a plan and stick to it?
Old 04-19-09, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
NBC expanded this to 2 hours so they could show a lot more of the boardroom, but now they are just showing two episodes back to back. Can't they make a plan and stick to it?
Yeah, I just said this to my wife. In the beginning it was expanded episodes now it's just 2 episodes back to back. Guess they decided they needed to end this thing quickly.
Old 04-19-09, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
Guess they decided they needed to end this thing quickly.

...to which I thank NBC.
Old 04-19-09, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Trump finally fired the right people this week....
Old 04-19-09, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 215 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Timber
Yeah, I just said this to my wife. In the beginning it was expanded episodes now it's just 2 episodes back to back. Guess they decided they needed to end this thing quickly.
Not exactly. They had an episode that was just a little over an hour last week, and then the first hour of a task that concluded this week, followed by an hour. It may be that NBC wanted some one-hour episodes but the timing didn't work out when they eventually scheduled the premiere of "Kings"; that week, they ran an abridged episode that they ran full length the following Saturday...
Old 04-19-09, 10:57 PM
Banned

Now that one team has 2 members and the other 4, I guess Trump will have to even them up next week. I seriously hope he puts Hitler...I mean Annie together with Joan.

If I had been Annie and Joan compared me to Hitler, I would've said, "well, if I decide to kill six million people, I know who to start with."
Old 04-19-09, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone thinks Annie shuts up while she delivers her world famous BJs? Good grief!
Old 04-20-09, 12:06 AM
Banned

Who was fired tonight? I missed it because of Basketball
Old 04-20-09, 01:21 AM

So it is apparent to me now that Joan knows where Trump buried the bodies... how did she skate out of two losses? On the first one Herschel apparently brought in $55K of the $100K total so while Trump bashes Natalie for not bringing the money in, what exactly did Joan bring in? The British guy (Piers?) was the only one who seemed to be able to objectively look at things - Rivers should have a HUGE rolodex, probably with folks on the older side who may be more willing to give money to charities. And what exactly did she do in the 2nd part? Suggest adding orange? How did she skate by in the 2nd boardroom without Trump asking what Joan brought to the table on the task - she probably shouldn't have been fired, but it's not like she excelled, or actually did anything. In addition to the Hitler comment, apparently making fun of bulimia (sp?) is funny... not sure how many people would get a pass with that. It's clear the Rivers are a package deal and Trump wants to milk it as long as possible. Clearly if Melissa gets fired Joan will get all pissed and leave and if Joan gets fired people will be asking who this Melissa person is (and she will probably tank a challenge).

I thought Piers calling Melissa out on the carpet for butting in was great and long overdue. The edits make her appear to be effective on the tasks - but lets face it, choosing big jewelry (and Natalie choosing small jewelry) has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome; yet they made it sound like it was a big deal and significant part of the task.

On the plus side, it is amazing to learn how easily tears flow over skin that has been pulled tight as a drum though.

TV fanatic - it was Natalie on the first task, Herschel on the 2nd

Last edited by wirefan; 04-20-09 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-20-09, 05:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wirefan
On the plus side, it is amazing to learn how easily tears flow over skin that has been pulled tight as a drum though.
And when the tears flow, they run down her back.
Old 04-20-09, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Anyone thinks Annie shuts up while she delivers her world famous BJs? Good grief!
Yeah my dad said "Oh she does shut up for something" lol
Old 04-20-09, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cracksky
I seriously hope he puts Hitler...I mean Annie together with Joan.
Oh, I think you can count on it.
Old 04-20-09, 09:19 AM
Suspended

Location: Indianapolis, IN. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
Received 551 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness
And when the tears flow, they run down her back.
Which causes a condition called "bacteria".
Old 04-20-09, 11:05 AM
Banned

So it is apparent to me now that Joan knows where Trump buried the bodies... how did she skate out of two losses? On the first one Herschel apparently brought in $55K of the $100K total so while Trump bashes Natalie for not bringing the money in, what exactly did Joan bring in? The British guy (Piers?) was the only one who seemed to be able to objectively look at things - Rivers should have a HUGE rolodex, probably with folks on the older side who may be more willing to give money to charities. And what exactly did she do in the 2nd part? Suggest adding orange? How did she skate by in the 2nd boardroom without Trump asking what Joan brought to the table on the task - she probably shouldn't have been fired, but it's not like she excelled, or actually did anything. In addition to the Hitler comment, apparently making fun of bulimia (sp?) is funny... not sure how many people would get a pass with that. It's clear the Rivers are a package deal and Trump wants to milk it as long as possible. Clearly if Melissa gets fired Joan will get all pissed and leave and if Joan gets fired people will be asking who this Melissa person is (and she will probably tank a challenge).

I thought Piers calling Melissa out on the carpet for butting in was great and long overdue. The edits make her appear to be effective on the tasks - but lets face it, choosing big jewelry (and Natalie choosing small jewelry) has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome; yet they made it sound like it was a big deal and significant part of the task.

TV fanatic - it was Natalie on the first task, Herschel on the 2nd

Thanks
Old 04-20-09, 11:42 AM

i really thought jesse was going home both times. i figured if his team lost the auction he would have been fired. luckily for him they won.

and what the hell happened to him as project manager? in almost every challenge so far he has come up with or put a huge part into the marketing. then he just completely blows it off. that was really odd. he seemed like he was stumped at what to do but never asked for help from the women.
im glad he is still around though since he was the reason i started watching.
Old 04-20-09, 12:06 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jesse has done a good job of keeping a cool head throughout this competition but he seems to fall apart when the scrutiny is on him. He didn't do a very good job of defending himself against the criticisms in either challenge and I think he might have been in trouble had Athena lost either of those challenges.

Herschell is just horrible as project manager. He's completely condescending to anyone who has a differing opinion than he does. I think Joan agreed with Clint by the fact that she didn't vocalize much in the Clint/Herschell boardroom debate. Of course, both the remaining Kotu players have proven to be poor PMs so I'm not sure what they have left unless Trump moves an Athena player over next week.
Old 04-20-09, 12:40 PM

In the preview for next week...

Spoiler:
it looked like Jesse was sitting with Clint and Joan in the boardroom.
Old 04-20-09, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, not sure if size made the difference, but obviously Nat chose poorly since nobody was bidding on hers which DID have something to do with the outcome.
Old 04-20-09, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Doctor X
In the preview for next week...

Spoiler:
it looked like Jesse was sitting with Clint and Joan in the boardroom.
i saw that on another board too.
Spoiler:
it doesnt look good for jesse. unless he brings in some money next week i think he is gone even if he contributes in other ways to the challenge.

it looks to me that trump is going to set this up as a melissa vs. joan final. which will suck since it will be so obvious its only for ratings.
not that most of his fireings werent geard towards getting ratings but an M vs J ending is to easy to see coming.

Last edited by chino77; 04-20-09 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-20-09, 03:35 PM

I really don't see that happening AT ALL.

I think, out of the celebrities left, Annie is almost guaranteed a spot based on her record/edit.

As for Joan and Melissa,

Spoiler:
We still haven't seen Joan saying "It's breaking my heart. I'd take the bullet." or whatever from the previews at the beginning of the season. I imagine she says that next week when her team wins and Melissa is in danger. Also, in the preview for next week, where Joan calls Annie a piece of shit and Brande a dumb blonde, it looks like they are coming back from the boardroom. So chances are either Melissa gets fired next week or Joan quits in her place. Who knows? I think the other Rivers will face Annie in the finals. I can't imagine Clint or Brande there so the only other choice would be Jesse, which would make for a...riveting...finale.
Old 04-20-09, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by chino77
it doesnt look good for jesse. unless he brings in some money next week i think he is gone even if he contributes in other ways to the challenge.
True, but if he goes, he gets to go home and bang Sandra Bullock, so I think he comes out ahead either way.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.