Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 10/02/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 10/02/08

Old 10-02-08, 05:48 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East of Ypsi
Posts: 8,901
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Survivor: Gabon - Earth's Last Eden - 10/02/08



Title:
Spoiler:
She Obviously is Post-Op!


Description:
Spoiler:
One castaway is tossed around like a rag doll during a Reward Challenge, while another castaway sets out to prove her strength while on Exile Island.
Old 10-02-08, 07:41 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk God
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Directionally Challenged (for DirecTV)
Posts: 126,851
Received 301 Likes on 245 Posts
Ouch. Physics Bob gets beat on the math challenge.
Old 10-02-08, 07:42 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
whitetigeress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,827
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not as bad as Sugar find the immunity idol over Dan
Old 10-02-08, 07:51 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
whitetigeress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,827
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ace's accent fake yes/no?
Old 10-02-08, 08:25 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 1,702
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The HD didn't look so good tonight. It was almost like a 16X9 Standard Def image on Dish Network.
Old 10-02-08, 10:15 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Region 1
Posts: 16,291
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought I was watching Legally Blonde with Sugar searching for HII.

That girl must be dumb to get rip of Ace so early in the game. Without him, it would be a sure bet they will lose more physical challenges.
Old 10-02-08, 11:40 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 8,614
Received 92 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
Ace's accent fake yes/no?
Well, his bio did say he grew up in London. So I'll say it's real.
Old 10-03-08, 12:28 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
JuryDuty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Lost in Texas
Posts: 6,564
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by zuffy View Post
That girl must be dumb to get rip of Ace so early in the game. Without him, it would be a sure bet they will lose more physical challenges.
I didn't think they'd get rid of him. But they could have just as easily gone after Sugar. That would have broken his clear alliance while keeping him in the game. And they could have done it under the guise of wanting to vote out one of the two weakest players. (According to them.)

I think they may be after her at the next tribal.
Old 10-03-08, 07:34 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
LiquidSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Pokey Dot Lounge, Nashville, TN
Posts: 9,198
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It was good to see the other tribe finally win. That one dude (who was elected the leader and then quit) sure has a chip on his shoulder.
Old 10-03-08, 07:42 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Beantown
Posts: 4,515
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it me or have they made this hidden idols amazingly easy to find in recent years..
Old 10-03-08, 08:16 AM
  #11  
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 27
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad Sugar found the HII, that means she'll be around a little longer to look at! She's sexy. I especially liked when she was bent over talking to Ace. Anybody have those screencaps?
Old 10-03-08, 08:22 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 1,702
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slideways View Post
Anybody have those screencaps?
Only in my long term memory.
Old 10-03-08, 11:21 AM
  #13  
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Glendale, next to L.A.
Posts: 18,486
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSky View Post
It was good to see the other tribe finally win. That one dude (who was elected the leader and then quit) sure has a chip on his shoulder.
Yes, I would have hated for another lopsided season like we had last year (and maybe the year before?).

I was wondering if the losing tribe had the balls to vote out Ace and for awhile there when he got 2 votes and Paloma smiled, I thought maybe we had a big upset in the making. But of course, they played it safe.

It was probably a little too early to vote Ace out because he is their strongest player and it seems like the other tribe is finally hitting its stride.

Chris
Old 10-03-08, 12:05 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
arminius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Here I Is!
Posts: 6,967
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSky View Post
It was good to see the other tribe finally win. That one dude (who was elected the leader and then quit) sure has a chip on his shoulder.
Yea, "I can talk if I want to:, "I can ask you a question if I want to", I can whine, snivel and complain if I want to". I think he needs a hug.

I really liked that the girl found the HII so easily while the lawyer gave up his quest looking for a crater in the middle of the pond.
Old 10-03-08, 12:28 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond, TX
Posts: 14,481
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Sugar is growing on me. She seems like she would be fun to hang out with. She was pretty good at entertaining herself while on exile island.
Old 10-03-08, 12:52 PM
  #16  
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Glendale, next to L.A.
Posts: 18,486
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdollaz View Post
Sugar is growing on me. She seems like she would be fun to hang out with. She was pretty good at entertaining herself while on exile island.
She was really having a good conversation with the camera person. Most people kind of look off to the side when they are being focused on, but she was having a one on one with the camera person. It must have been a hot guy!

Chris
Old 10-03-08, 01:10 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,021
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by arminius View Post
Yea, "I can talk if I want to:, "I can ask you a question if I want to", I can whine, snivel and complain if I want to". I think he needs a hug.

I really liked that the girl found the HII so easily while the lawyer gave up his quest looking for a crater in the middle of the pond.
To be fair, she got another clue. I think she got a map to the location of the 1st clue. That doesn't explain why Dan was looking in the middle of the pond.
Old 10-03-08, 03:22 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 895
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy View Post
Is it me or have they made this hidden idols amazingly easy to find in recent years..
I think they have been to drum up more drama and make Tribal Council more exciting. Unfortunately, not too many have seen the light of day and been played!
Old 10-03-08, 06:09 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
arminius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Here I Is!
Posts: 6,967
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BDLOU View Post
To be fair, she got another clue. I think she got a map to the location of the 1st clue. That doesn't explain why Dan was looking in the middle of the pond.
I think she got another clue because she was able to figure out the first one, the crater. Though I am not sure if her first clue had more info than the lawyers clue.
Old 10-03-08, 06:27 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: IL
Posts: 2,893
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by arminius View Post
Yea, "I can talk if I want to:, "I can ask you a question if I want to", I can whine, snivel and complain if I want to". I think he needs a hug.
I love the fact that Mr. Tough Guy GC was weak as a puppy during the reward challenge. He pried at the guy's arms for all of two minutes before he was gassed.
Old 10-03-08, 07:36 PM
  #21  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 2,332
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigsierra View Post
The HD didn't look so good tonight. It was almost like a 16X9 Standard Def image on Dish Network.
I watched the VP Nominee Debate in Hi Def on CBS leading up to Survivor, then my local CBS affiliate aired Survivor in 4x3 SD on the same OTA channel. WTF??
Old 10-03-08, 08:14 PM
  #22  
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was I the only person who caught this exchange?!?

Jeff: "Kelly, do you think Ace is an asset to your tribe?"

Kelly: "Uhhmm, in some cases because he's almost condescending in a way."

Jeff: "How is condescending a good thing?"

Kelly: "It's not a good thing at all sometimes... Uhhmm say we're cooking rice or something, he'll be like 'oh I thought we were gonna make water' like if somebody wants to make rice like let us make rice we don't necessarily need water right now."
Old 10-03-08, 09:15 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
uteotw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: All the Way to Reno
Posts: 4,649
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by mugwump View Post
I love the fact that Mr. Tough Guy GC was weak as a puppy during the reward challenge. He pried at the guy's arms for all of two minutes before he was gassed.
I loved that too:
--Jeff: "GC has quit altogether!"

That dude has a serious problem and needs counseling more than a hug, like when the older guy told him to stop asking over and over if he was trying to be the leader, "I can ask you whatever I want." "Well then I can just not answer you." Nice...
Old 10-08-08, 01:51 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Hero
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of 2013 NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 47,777
Received 469 Likes on 390 Posts
Finally watched the episode.

Memo to all teams: tanking challenges always backfires.
Old 10-08-08, 05:35 AM
  #25  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
sven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 4,017
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Adrian_Monk View Post
Was I the only person who caught this exchange?!?

Jeff: "Kelly, do you think Ace is an asset to your tribe?"

Kelly: "Uhhmm, in some cases because he's almost condescending in a way."

Jeff: "How is condescending a good thing?"

Kelly: "It's not a good thing at all sometimes... Uhhmm say we're cooking rice or something, he'll be like 'oh I thought we were gonna make water' like if somebody wants to make rice like let us make rice we don't necessarily need water right now."
You're not the only one. Its easy to see why her and Palmoa were such good friends. Dumb and Dumber.......

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.