Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Allison from Palmdale" -- 9/29/08

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-08, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I really liked Cameron's backstory... thought Summer Glau's acting was great. Parts of the ep were ridiculous though (especially when they said why they were letting them out of jail!).

I wish they would move this series to another night/time slot before FOX does what it's notorious for. I love these past/future eps that flesh out the characters and will eventually tie everything together given a chance. With the show being fourth in it's time slot, there's not much chance of it surviving though. If it can hang on to until DWTS goes to 1 hour and then move Terminator to 9:00 maybe it would stand a chance.
Old 10-01-08, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir
They didn't really sell this angle but I think maybe Sarah was just being a calculating bitch and she didn't need a detective randomly stopping by to borrow a cup of sugar or asking why John doesn't seem to be going to school.
That makes sense but it was vague given how inconsistent she and all the characters are, especially in this episode when they were emphasizing her softer side. If she was like the T2 Sarah, then I would have thought "yes of course that's why she said that". Thanks for clarifying that for me though because it really bothered me.
Old 10-01-08, 10:27 AM

I feel weird in saying that I really like the direction this show is going. They are expanding the mythology.

I like the humanizing of the Cameron (and Summer Glau is smoking hot) terminator. Iam glad she has a software glitch, because it adds to unpredictability of this character.

I think they are building the plot threads slowly and need time to pull them together. I hope they get the time. It feels like they are sowing seeds for future plots with the side threads besides the obvious protect John Connor thread:
1. Busy Phillips baby 2. Toilet Terminator scheme - Are there multiple Terminator factions at work here? 3. Sarahs ex-boyfriend in mourning. I will not be surprised to see him turn against them. 4. Cameron's instability 5. Cromartie is still running around. 6. John's new girl friend character. Is she involved with future or just innocent bystander. If she is from future, she must have been sent by resistance. Terminators would know where he is and kill him.

The plot holes are huge, but I can get by them. The movies always had huge plot holes as well. I just hope they are given enough time to tie up most of the stories in a coherent fashion.

I will not be surprised if they only get 13 episodes a year. It seems many TV series are moving to this direction. They are paired with Prison Break and due to be replaced by 24 and Dollhouse in January. I would not be surprised to see them replace Prison Break in that timeslot next year.
Old 10-01-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally Posted by aintnosin
Maybe John will survive Judgment Day by hiding in a refrigerator....
No one would put something that stupid on film.

I liked the episode. I was fine with Sarah staying with Busy. I think she's trying to be a bit more human, especially in light of what happened last episode. Trying to be less of a "machine" herself...that works for me.

I am a little confused on how Cameron got Allison's memories, but I guess they didn't really show anything that Cameron wouldn't have seen (it didn't flash back to Allison's childhood or anything). I was hoping there would have been some kind of surgery or mind-suck or something, something that would explain why Cameron is so different from other Terminators.
Old 10-01-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Alright, is this show doing bad or good in the ratings? Can someone shed some light? I found two contrasting articles today that left me scratching my head:

Entertainment Weekly: "How bad are the ratings for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles?" Armageddon-like. An SCC insider tells me that if the show's numbers don't start to climb, Fox is unlikely to order any additional episodes beyond the 13 currently in the pipeline.

Entertainment Today: "Season two of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, has made the folks at Fox TV very happy, dominating the adults 18-49 key demos."
Old 10-01-08, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
It's doing really bad. It's barely getting above 5M viewers and over a 2.0 in the 18-49 demographic.
Old 10-01-08, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
I thought this episode was boring as hell. The Sarah/pregnant girl scenes put me to sleep. Shirley Manson still sucks. Oh well.
Thank god! I thought I'm only one who thought this episode is very boring.
Old 10-01-08, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by McHawkson
Yeah, I'm surprised so many people liked this episode.

I don't mind backstory on Cameron, but I thought the way it was executed was laughable at best.
Old 10-01-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Okay, I missed the season premier. Why do you guys call the T-1000 a toilet Terminator?
Old 10-01-08, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,806 Likes on 1,128 Posts
Originally Posted by RocShemp
Okay, I missed the season premier. Why do you guys call the T-1000 a toilet Terminator?
But then again, the guy did have his dick in Shirley Manson's face. So there's that.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qN5s_PQU7g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-qN5s_PQU7g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 10-01-08, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by McHawkson
You just can't please everyone.
Old 10-01-08, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Save Ferris
In T2 the T1000 replicates everyone it kills so it makes sense.

as for 'crying'. it makes perfect sense for a terminator to be designed to replicate humans in every detail. In T1, Kyle says they even have bad breath. It doesnt seem to hard to believe that somewhere beneath the skin theres a pocket of water available to the machine to regulate mouth and eye moisture. It could even 'refill' this pocket by simulating drinking.
True, except in T2 Arnie asks John why people cry. By the film's end, he understands why people cry but tells John it's something he can never do. I suppose Cameron can do it because she's a more advanced model then Arnie's model.
Old 10-01-08, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
True, except in T2 Arnie asks John why people cry. By the film's end, he understands why people cry but tells John it's something he can never do. I suppose Cameron can do it because she's a more advanced model then Arnie's model.
plus arnie couldn't do it as he had no emotions nor did he feel pain
Old 10-01-08, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
You just can't please everyone.
Yeah, after reading this thread, it seems that everyone thought it was best episode. Now few have come foward that they thought it was bad episode. whew!
Old 10-01-08, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I didn't think it was a very good episode either.
The Hospital sub plot was beyond boring and the Toilet Terminator does nothing for me.
Old 10-02-08, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Since everyone is ignoring you, I will try my best to answer your question.

Shirley Mansons character is first seen in her human form. Then when one of her execs (who was badmouthing her) is in the mens restroom and he goes to the urinal to take care of business, she morphs out of the urinal and if I remember correctly, proceeds to drill his forehead, like the T1000 in T2.

Maybe my memories mixed up, but that is what I remember.

Chris
Old 10-02-08, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Since everyone is ignoring you, I will try my best to answer your question.

Shirley Mansons character is first seen in her human form. Then when one of her execs (who was badmouthing her) is in the mens restroom and he goes to the urinal to take care of business, she morphs out of the urinal and if I remember correctly, proceeds to drill his forehead, like the T1000 in T2.

Maybe my memories mixed up, but that is what I remember.

Chris
Nope, you got it. The return of the T-1000.
Old 10-02-08, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ignoring? WTF? I graphically, by means of video, answered his question a little over 30 minutes after he posted the question. Perhaps some here have me on ignore? That's fine.

Anyway, is the youtube video of the actual -TOILET TERMINATOR- scene I posted not showing up????

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-02-08 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-02-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Ignoring? WTF? I graphically, by means of video, answered his question a little over 30 minutes after he posted the question. Perhaps some here have me on ignore? That's fine.

Anyway, is the youtube video of the actual -TOILET TERMINATOR- scene I posted not showing up????
Well it is not for me, youtube is blocked at my work as I suspect it is for many people. There is nothing but a giant white space there, no indication of anything to see.
Old 10-02-08, 01:05 PM

The youtube video of the Toilet Terminator works fine for me here at home.

As for the latest episode. I thought it was great. Has to be one of my favorites so far. I was totally engrossed in the Allison from Palmdale story. I am going to be totally bummed out if Fox ends up cancelling it.
Old 10-02-08, 01:12 PM

Ooops, sorry Giantrobo, I usually do not watch videos here at work, lest I bring attention to myself!

Chris
Old 10-02-08, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fox Close To Terminating 'Sarah Connor'

Email this storyBy MICHAEL HINMAN
Source: SyFy Portal
Sep-30-2008

With ratings far below even the network's worst predictions, Fox could pull the plug on production for "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" as early as this week.
The network has been disappointed by "Sarah Connor's" numbers so far this season, and some executives feel that the show is dragging down numbers for "Prison Break," which airs as a lead-out.

"Audiences just aren't responding to the show," a Fox source tells SyFy Portal. "Our biggest surprise are the 18-to-49s [a key advertising demographic], those numbers are in the toilet."

This would be bad news for "Sarah Connor," which had a strong first season despite airing just nine episodes in light of the Writers Guild of America strike. The show debuted at mid-season with an 11.1 rating/16 share -- the highest premiere of any genre show last season -- following an NFL playoff game, but quickly lost a good portion of its audience. By the time it was all said and done, "Sarah Connor" overnights averaged a 5.6/9, half of the premiere audience, with ratings reaching as low as a 4.5/7 at once point.

Getting a 4.5/7 could almost be a lifesaver for "Sarah Connor" right now, as the show hasn't even come close to reaching that number. After four episodes, the highest "Sarah Connor" has reached is a 4.1/6, and is averaging a 3.7. That's 34 percent off its audience average from the previous year.

Audience stability has been slightly better than it was last year following the series premiere spike, but stability so far this year has been slipping for "Sarah Connor." Its Stability Index Rating, as determined by SyFy Portal using a comparison of its season high versus its average overnight rating, gave "Sarah Connor" a 50.5 -- by far the worst of any show last season. This year, however, it's at a much better 90.2 rating, but has been steadily becoming more and more unstable each week.

So what will happen?

"All I can say is that production will likely stop, and I would think that Fox might try to air some of the episodes already in the can," the source said. "But I don't know. They don't want to lose 'Prison Break,' so there could be some schedule shuffling in the future."
Old 10-02-08, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lame.
Old 10-02-08, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yep, lame. But considering the lackluster posts here and the fact that I like this show this was inevitable.

Originally Posted by mrpayroll
Ooops, sorry Giantrobo, I usually do not watch videos here at work, lest I bring attention to myself!

Chris
That's cool. I was just trying to see who had me on Ignore.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 10-02-08 at 03:36 PM.
Old 10-02-08, 03:59 PM

What? Did someone say something?

Chris

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.