Reload this Page >

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Allison from Palmdale" -- 9/29/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "Allison from Palmdale" -- 9/29/08

Old 09-30-08, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver View Post

EDIT: Is it standard operating procedure in Los Angeles to stick someone who is having an apparent nervous breakdown in a holding cell with criminals? If so, no wonder the LAPD gets a bad rap.

-Doc
Yeah, that bothered me too. And he said the store owner wasn't going to press charges? Charges for what, knocking over the watermelons?
Old 09-30-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 674 Likes on 483 Posts
could be for disorderly conduct, but still stupid nonetheless.
Old 09-30-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j123vt_99 View Post
and didn't they say (when they let her go) that the manager or the owner of the store decided to not press charges.. were they going to charge her with knocking over a watermelon display?
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Yeah, that bothered me too. And he said the store owner wasn't going to press charges? Charges for what, knocking over the watermelons?
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
could be for disorderly conduct, but still stupid nonetheless.

What a tight-ass that store must be. Just think of all the toddlers and two-year-olds that must have been dragged out of that place in bracelets, only to have the "charges" dropped.

Note to self - don't EVER have any kind of medical or psychological problem in LA, and stay out of strict-ass grocery stores.

-Doc

Last edited by Doc MacGyver; 09-30-08 at 04:20 PM.
Old 09-30-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That cracked me up too. Apparently, the failed $700 million bailout was actually intended to correct the horrendous watermelon shortage crippling the west coast.

Too bad we probably aren't going to get the final episodes.
Old 09-30-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree with a most of Doc's post. Maybe it was, as Doc said, because I knew where the flashback sequences were going, but I felt like this story had no real resolution. Generally, I liked how they developing Cameron, but this glitchy/broken chip stuff kind of ruining it. It kinda went from from Cylons to Johnny-5 alive!

Re: "Not pressing charges" etc. I think they threw that line in to 'explain' why they were letting her go, because it made absolutely no sense for them to release a mentally disturbed underage jane doe on to the streets with nothing but a wad of cash.
Old 09-30-08, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I really liked this episode but have to agree with some of the bad points. Pressing charges for knocking over a display is just kind of silly. This show probably doesn't have enough people double checking stuff.
Old 09-30-08, 04:13 PM

and that all reminded me of the end! So Sarah is telling this girl who has a potentially great baby-daddy "You don't need him and I'll be there for you" WHAT? Everyone knows living there is temporary and she'll more likely get her killed than be there for her in ANY capacity. That bothered me more than anything else.
Old 09-30-08, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by celmendo View Post
and that all reminded me of the end! So Sarah is telling this girl who has a potentially great baby-daddy "You don't need him and I'll be there for you" WHAT? Everyone knows living there is temporary and she'll more likely get her killed than be there for her in ANY capacity. That bothered me more than anything else.
Excellent point.

"You're right, living with a cop is a dangerous life decision. You hang with us, we'll take care of you. By the way, my son is mankind's only hope in a future war against the machines and we are constantly on the run from unrelenting, time-traveling cyborgs designed to kill people."

-Doc
Old 09-30-08, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by XavierMike View Post
That cracked me up too. Apparently, the failed $700 million bailout was actually intended to correct the horrendous watermelon shortage crippling the west coast.

Too bad we probably aren't going to get the final episodes.
Why does everybody assume the show is going to get cancelled? I understand that the ratings have slipped and it's up against some popular shows, but has FOX made any statements about the show being cancelled?
Old 09-30-08, 05:27 PM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Didn't much care for this episode. Good premise, but not executed all that well.
Old 09-30-08, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Ruler

Received 545 Likes on 339 Posts
In my opinion when they look back at this series .. this episode will be the one that Jumped the Shark. (Unless next week Cameron decides to go water skiing and jump a shark.. and seeing as how this has been scripted so far this season I wouldn't be all that surprised).
Old 09-30-08, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
In my opinion when they look back at this series .. this episode will be the one that Jumped the Shark. (Unless next week Cameron decides to go water skiing and jump a shark.. and seeing as how this has been scripted so far this season I wouldn't be all that surprised).
Maybe John will survive Judgment Day by hiding in a refrigerator....
Old 09-30-08, 05:37 PM

I liked the episode. I think my favorite line was the one by Cameron about sticking John's head on a pike. Let's hope it happens with young John!

I'm not sure where the show is going, but from previous episodes the writers always implied Cameron was different. It seems to me that Cameron's natural state is to be more human (crying, depression about her family, the pilot episode where she becomes friendly with John), but stays in "robot" mode for for practical purposes as a defensive mechanism since they are likely to get in a fight.
Old 09-30-08, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by celmendo View Post
They didn't really sell this angle but I think maybe Sarah was just being a calculating bitch and she didn't need a detective randomly stopping by to borrow a cup of sugar or asking why John doesn't seem to be going to school.
Old 09-30-08, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 804 Likes on 540 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir View Post
They didn't really sell this angle but I think maybe Sarah was just being a calculating bitch and she didn't need a detective randomly stopping by to borrow a cup of sugar or asking why John doesn't seem to be going to school.
Makes sense to me.
Old 09-30-08, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by aintnosin View Post
Maybe John will survive Judgment Day by hiding in a refrigerator....
Old 09-30-08, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wmansir View Post
or recognize them from wanted posters
Old 09-30-08, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
So are we to assume the Urinator was built to look like the human Catherine Weaver, whom she killed and is now impersonating? Or do you think she looks entriely different in her true form but morphed into Catherine's likeness after she met her?

Do you think the very pregnant woman will give birth to a future freedom fighter? There's got to be a reason why the writers had Sarah meet a pregnant woman.

This episode was ok, but I prefer episodes with the whole cast, especially Sarah's ex and Derek. They're both assets to the show.

I'm ready for another action-packed episode with chases and doors getting knocked down!
Old 09-30-08, 08:11 PM
2017 TOTY Winner

In T2 the T1000 replicates everyone it kills so it makes sense.

as for 'crying'. it makes perfect sense for a terminator to be designed to replicate humans in every detail. In T1, Kyle says they even have bad breath. It doesnt seem to hard to believe that somewhere beneath the skin theres a pocket of water available to the machine to regulate mouth and eye moisture. It could even 'refill' this pocket by simulating drinking.
Old 10-01-08, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 486 Likes on 349 Posts
I don't see what all the fuss is about for this episode. I think it was a great episode and delved more into the mystery of what is really going to happen. Of course my problem is that the writers are so poor and they have written so many threads that I don't see it all coming together. I mean JJ Abrams shows are normally the best at that and even he doesn't have that many threads. Well okay maybe he does but they all intersect quite well.

With this show its all about great potential great setup with no payoff. I hope they give this show a chance to go the way they were planning on going.
Old 10-01-08, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Small annoyance. They made a big deal about saying the date before talking on the cell phone to avoid compromising themselves, but then he just starts blabbing to his mom on the phone when she called and she didn't say the date....
Old 10-01-08, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 804 Likes on 540 Posts
Originally Posted by Blaster1 View Post
Small annoyance. They made a big deal about saying the date before talking on the cell phone to avoid compromising themselves, but then he just starts blabbing to his mom on the phone when she called and she didn't say the date....
I noticed that too. Especially after making such a big deal about it last week.
Old 10-01-08, 05:56 AM

They probably dont use that code anymore since Cromartie discovered it.
Old 10-01-08, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Disneyboy View Post
Why not use a new code rather than abandon them altogether?
Old 10-01-08, 06:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Disneyboy View Post
Yeah, that was my first thought when I noticed they didn't say the date.

I'm still trying to figure out how Cameron would have ALL Alison's memories. Interrogation would not allow her to recognize Allison's mom's voice. .

Last edited by Snowmaker; 10-01-08 at 07:01 AM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.