Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Desperate Housewives -- Season Premiere -- "You're Gonna Love Tomorrow" -- 9/28/08

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Desperate Housewives -- Season Premiere -- "You're Gonna Love Tomorrow" -- 9/28/08

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-08, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch! I thought Brie looked like a shrew when they were filming that commercial. I mean really bad!!
Old 09-29-08, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by magiccmom
Ouch! I thought Brie looked like a shrew when they were filming that commercial. I mean really bad!!
Really? I thought that extremely tight outfit suited her well.
Old 09-29-08, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
I kinda think Gabby is hotter now....
Susan looks a lot better this year too
Old 09-29-08, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Patman
Did Gale Harrold lose his grip on an American accent during his scenes with Susan in the second half of the episode?
Isn't he American?

IMDB says he was born in Decatur, Georgia.
Old 09-29-08, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Then he was talking with a weird accent (not sure if his character is supposed to have a non-American accent). Oh wait, he calls Toronto his home. Maybe he's picked up a bit of a Canadian accent, then.
Old 09-29-08, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts
Originally Posted by mdc3000
I disagree - having her and Tom back to their usual fun selves is a much welcomed change from the monotonous and overdone cancer storyline. Their relationship and the comedy from it was always a highlight of the show for me and the last two seasons they changed that dynamic to be far too dramatic/serious. Glad to see them get to have a little fun again. When Tom kicked off that mirror, I laughed my ass off.
I'll concede that this is an improvement over the evil daughter storyline from last season, but now we get two wacky teenage boys! And we get to be reminded just how big of a failure Tom and Lynette have been as parents. I guess I'm just not too optimistic at the direction the twin boys are going to be heading. I could easily be wrong, though.
Old 09-29-08, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm sure the evil daughter will show up this season and she'll be hot to trot since she's also 5 years older, causing Tom more headaches.
Old 09-30-08, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz
I hope Susan's new boy toy doesn't last long either.
Being that Teri Hatcher is supposedly only 5 years older than Gale Harold, I guess that shows how youthful Gale looks in comparison.

And yes -- I hope Gale's not on "DH" too long because he deserves to be the lead in a show.
Old 09-30-08, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
This Gale Harold seems known by a lot of you. I had never seen or heard of him before. What show was he on before?
Old 09-30-08, 01:51 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Dog
This Gale Harold seems known by a lot of you. I had never seen or heard of him before. What show was he on before?
Queer As Folk.
Old 09-30-08, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Besides Brian Kinney in Queer as Folk (his best known role), he also had a memorable stint on Deadwood as Wyatt Earp and starred in the short-lived Fox series Vanished last fall.

He was arguably the best thing about Queer as Folk, and he is just one of those actors that could be huge and carry the right series. I think he has had a hard time getting more mainstream (straight) roles though because he was so good at playing man-eater Brian Kinney. He was almost too good in that role.

I hope DH is the springboard he needs to be seen as a romantic lead. I would love to see him carry a network series.
Old 09-30-08, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by Jadzia
he also had a memorable stint on Deadwood as Wyatt Earp

Hmmm. Apparently not memorable enough for me although that had to be several years ago.
Old 09-30-08, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think I was expecting more. I was just very apathetic with the whole episode. Although I hate Bree's storyline. HATE!
Old 09-30-08, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Gale Harold was also the lead of the FOX Series Vanished a few years ago, which apparently noone here watched.
Old 09-30-08, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Did Bree take Orson back at the end of last season?

What happened to Penny? Are the writers pretending like she never existed?

Gaby looks terrible. Her hotness/shallowness was a big reason why I liked this show. Now that's gone.

Mike and Susan breaking up because she can't get over her guilt and just plain stupid. It's insulting to the audience.

Edie's husband looks to be another one-season psycho storyline. BORING.

I wish Dana Delaney would move out of town.

Someone asked which state is the Eagle State. I don't think the writers have ever said in which state Fairview is located. I think it's a fake town like Salem on "Days of Our Lives."

Does anyone know why the writers jumped the story ahead 5 years? I liked the show the way it was.
Old 10-01-08, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
I think I was expecting more. I was just very apathetic with the whole episode. Although I hate Bree's storyline. HATE!
I have never been a huge fan of her either. Her personality grates on me. Don't care for this new plot line.
All in all a good episode.
Old 10-01-08, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Originally Posted by DJariya
Gale Harold was also the lead of the FOX Series Vanished a few years ago, which apparently noone here watched.
That's the ONLY thing I knew him from.
Old 10-01-08, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DJariya
Did you? I watched the whole thing and in case you've forgotten, it ran in 2006 (2 years ago). Gale Harold's character was killed off after 8 episodes because the actor was so much trouble on the set...
Old 10-01-08, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I hope they have something planned for Katherine. I don't want to see her as Brie's doormat all season.
Old 10-01-08, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by riley_dude
I hope they have something planned for Katherine. I don't want to see her as Brie's doormat all season.
Katherine is way too strong for that. She will pull off some kinda scheming conniving shit that will serve for some epic conflict w/ Bree.
Old 10-01-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I hope Katherine pwns Bree this season.
Old 10-01-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman
I hope Katherine pwns Bree this season.
I hope they both discover that they are lesbians and have urges to "comfort" each other.
Old 10-02-08, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jadzia
He was arguably the best thing about Queer as Folk, and he is just one of those actors that could be huge and carry the right series. I think he has had a hard time getting more mainstream (straight) roles though because he was so good at playing man-eater Brian Kinney. He was almost too good in that role.

I hope DH is the springboard he needs to be seen as a romantic lead. I would love to see him carry a network series.
I see him now and I still see Brian Kinney. He's an excellent actor so it's good he can get other parts.

As for the rest of the season premiere, it was OK. The ensemble cast is always great. I'm not much a fan of this 5 year shift though and not all that much happened. Edie's beau being a violent psychotic was no surprise.
Old 10-02-08, 08:11 AM

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
The jury's still out on the five-year flash forward, but I don't see them returning with a favorable verdict. I was *really* hoping that we had seen the last of Edie, at least as a regular character, but...well, you know the rest. I won't have a problem with Neal McDonough being yet another character with a deep dark secret (can't the writers think of anything new?) if he has a relapse and kills Edie. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening.

I don't necessarily mind Susan and Mike breaking up over the accident, just as long as it doesn't yield another season of us wondering whether they'll get back together - it should be permanent this time, or resolved quickly.

No comment on the Gabby situation.

The Bree/Catherine thing is already annoying. Maybe I'm just sick of seeing characters constantly stabbing each other in the back and the drama that always accompanies such behavior. Again, can't the writers think of anything new?

Enough has already been stated about the twins.

Given that this was just the opener, I'm willing to allow a few more episodes pass to see how things progress.
Old 10-02-08, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Perhaps Neal's character has something to do with the wife and child that Mike/Susan killed?

Nah. That'd be too obvious.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.