Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 13 -- Season Premiere -- 9/28/08

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 13 -- Season Premiere -- 9/28/08

Old 09-29-08, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim
After they asked how many steps it was I wondered if that would be an obvious question to some on this forum - obviously it was.
No, it wasn't. Anyone who claims that it should have been obvious that that was going to be the question doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

Is the specially flagged ticket counter new this year? I don't seem to recall ever seeing one in previous TARs.
Old 09-29-08, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally Posted by Flave
No, it wasn't. Anyone who claims that it should have been obvious that that was going to be the question doesn't know WTF he's talking about.

The first and only thing I thought to myself when I saw the steps and heard there was going to be a question once you get to the top was "I hope they count the steps as they go up." If it didn't seem obvious to you, I guess that makes this person who doesn't know WTF he's talking about all the smarter.
Old 09-29-08, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I think the flagged ticket counter is new this season (don't recall seeing them in previous seasons).
Old 09-29-08, 02:31 PM

Is the specially flagged ticket counter new this year? I don't seem to recall ever seeing one in previous TARs.
So if I just thought that would be the question just by guessing when they showed the steps and then told us there would be a question at the end, do I know WTF I'm talking about?
Old 09-29-08, 02:32 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
It's occasionally used, typically at the beginning of races or in situations where getting out of the country might be problematic otherwise.
Old 09-29-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,033 Likes on 4,118 Posts
The funniest thing about Terrence was how stressed out he was when he was clearly in good position, with so little on the line. I can't imagine what he'll be like when the stakes are raised a bit.
Old 09-29-08, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Decker
The funniest thing about Terrence was how stressed out he was when he was clearly in good position, with so little on the line. I can't imagine what he'll be like when the stakes are raised a bit.
exactly. this will be one of 'those couples' that decide to end things after this show. Why on earth would you want to do this after just starting to date someone??
Old 09-29-08, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by JayDerek
exactly. this will be one of 'those couples' that decide to end things after this show. Why on earth would you want to do this after just starting to date someone??
$500K each
Old 09-30-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Red Dog
The first and only thing I thought to myself when I saw the steps and heard there was going to be a question once you get to the top was "I hope they count the steps as they go up." If it didn't seem obvious to you, I guess that makes this person who doesn't know WTF he's talking about all the smarter.
I'm not saying that you're not brilliant for thinking of it and I have no problem admitting you're smarter than me. I'm just saying that you were wrong in saying it was OBVIOUS -- it wasn't.