DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Supernatural -- "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester" -- 09/25/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/540399-supernatural-you-there-god-its-me-dean-winchester-09-25-08-a.html)

LorenzoL 09-25-08 03:48 AM

Supernatural -- "Are You There God? It's Me, Dean Winchester" -- 09/25/08

"Are You There God? It s Me, Dean Winchester"
Spoiler:
Sam and Dean are stunned when the spirits of Meg and Agent Henricksen appear and accuse the Winchesters of failing them. Although rattled, the brothers must pull together to save Bobby, who is too crippled with guilt to fight off the angry ghosts of the young children he couldn t save.

Originally Aired: September 25, 2008

TGM 09-25-08 04:51 AM

lol @ that title

Mhepburn20 09-25-08 09:54 AM

Spoiler:
I had completely forgotten about meg . That whole storyline just seems to long ago.

That said, can't wait.

candyrocket786 09-26-08 12:03 AM

Another solid episode, not on the level as the season opener, but it still had a nice "reveal" at the end.

We're barely in the second episode of this season and I'm already thinking "what the hell are they going to do for Season 5".

As we advance through the season, it will be interesting to the see how certain events unfold. IMO there is still a lot of uncertainty surrounding Ruby's and Castiel's true intentions.

Mhepburn20 09-26-08 12:49 AM

Very enjoyable episode as usual.

mdc3000 09-26-08 12:14 PM

Awesome ep. This show is moving up higher on my favourites list every week.

xfilefanfreak 09-26-08 12:40 PM

great one !

E-Z-B 09-26-08 02:01 PM

Eh, wasn't too crazy about this one. I wish they had some more ghost characters other than the 3 adults and twins being shown over and over and over.

Manco 09-26-08 02:45 PM

I enjoyed this episode. I liked the conversation between Dean and Sam at the beginning about God and angels. I thought Bobbys safe room crazy cool.

I also liked Ruby's line that "Angels smite first and ask questions later." She seemed genuinely scared of them. I definitely want to see some angels throw down on some demons.

celmendo 09-26-08 03:06 PM

you should show me some respect.

Bluelitespecial 09-26-08 08:39 PM

The hunters getting murdered in this episode were brutal, will Kripke stick to his plan and wrap up the show after the fifth season?

Zee 09-26-08 09:12 PM

I have to wonder, are we going to get Lucifer himself in the fifth season? It seems like the only way they could top themselves. I can't believe how intense things are already...we have 20 episodes to go!! Jensen Ackles did an amazing job in this episode. Still hate the new Ruby though.

MrX 09-26-08 11:41 PM

I thought it was good. The scene at the end with Dean and Castiel was great

Original Desmond 09-28-08 04:45 AM

easily one of the most consistently excellent tv shows on at the moment

The religious groups must be loving this season, lol

Loved Bobby's Panic room.

I love the fact that even with angels and demons, it's not clear cut good and bad.

What i think makes this show so enjoyable compared to shows like Heros is there are only a few main characters, so there isn't this feeling of clutter with the storylines

WTF was Dean doing with a double barrel shotgun, should be pump or semi auto with extended magazines all the way !

LorenzoL 09-28-08 06:47 AM

I'm loving the first two episodes so far and the direction they are hinting at...

My guess is that there has to be more to Castiel and why he rescued Dean from hell.

spainlinx0 09-28-08 11:16 AM

It definitely feels like Dean versus Sam is being set up. However they could be going the direction of Sam being able to turn some demons back towards God to eventually destroy Lucifer in the finale.

Anubis2005X 09-28-08 02:54 PM

Ehh, I'm still not totally sure that Castiel is an angel. He seems way shady...

celmendo 09-29-08 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X (Post 8969177)
Ehh, I'm still not totally sure that Castiel is an angel. He seems way shady...

I agree. He could easily be Lucifer himself. His wings were black and the hand mark is a big burn scar. wouldn't be a surprise.

spainlinx0 09-29-08 08:56 AM

I don't know. He reminds me of the Angels in Spawn. They never seemed good, just on God's side.

Of course I only saw the HBO cartoon so I don't know how that plotline progressed.

rfduncan 09-29-08 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Original Desmond (Post 8968518)
WTF was Dean doing with a double barrel shotgun, should be pump or semi auto with extended magazines all the way !

Um, because there is not as easy a way to load salt payloaded ammo for those types of guns. Loading shotgun shells with salt is much easier.

Originally Posted by E-Z-B (Post 8965245)
Eh, wasn't too crazy about this one. I wish they had some more ghost characters other than the 3 adults and twins being shown over and over and over.

I kinda thought it was a cool thing that they used previous characters to flashback in this episode, but I too was anticipating more than just the 3. I'm guessing that limiting things to only 3 adults definitely made the budget cheaper than bringing back several additional previous characters.

Good episode. Definitely like where things seem to be headed. I hope Kripke does indeed keep his promise and wrap this up after S5.

DVDtotalfreal 09-29-08 11:01 AM

I really liked this episode. This season seems promising. Last season was starting to worry me...way too much drama! Castiel does not come off as "angelic" to me, kinda shady. But a brother vs brother storyline would make sense. I am looking forward to seeing where this is going.

Zee 09-29-08 11:44 PM

I just re-watched the Season One episode "Faith", and it really set up some things nicely (although who knows if it was at all intentional) for this season. When Dean asks the healer why he chose to save him, he says that he sensed that he was "a man with a purpose" and that he "wasn't finished yet". Sam and Dean also have a conversation about God that echoes their points of view from these recent episodes. Props to Kripke and co. for being consistent at the very least! I'd definitely recommend going back and watching this one.

collven 09-30-08 06:45 AM

I hope Castiel is really an angel. I think it would be a copout to make him just another demon or something. Of course, just because he's an angel doesn't mean he's necessarily good.

I was also thinking of something. If I were in Dean's situation and had just been rescued from Hell by an angel and was told there was a huge war coming, the first thing I would ask Castiel would be if he could raise my father as well. I know it's a tv show and they probably can't bring back the actor who played his dad, but he would be a huge asset for the "good guys".

rfduncan 09-30-08 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by collven (Post 8972810)
If I were in Dean's situation and had just been rescued from Hell by an angel and was told there was a huge war coming, the first thing I would ask Castiel would be if he could raise my father as well.

Except that would ruin what seems to be the battle of brothers if John Winchester was there to moderate.

Originally Posted by collven (Post 8972810)
I know it's a tv show and they probably can't bring back the actor who played his dad, but he would be a huge asset for the "good guys".

Ah but there you are wrong. Jeffrey Dean Morgan seems to be pretty clear these days after wrapping Grey's Anatomy and a few films. However since we know for a fact that the production is under a rather tight budget (thanks, 90210), I agree that his return is doubly unlikely.

Xander 10-01-08 01:28 PM

Another friggin awesome ep! I'm sticking to my guns that Castiel is an angel and is setting them up for a big angel/demon war by the end of the season.

But which side will Sam be on? ;)