TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House -- "Adverse Events" -- 9/30/2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-08, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
House -- "Adverse Events" -- 9/30/2008

Synopsis:
[spoiler]House and the team take on the case of a struggling artist who has been painting bizarre portraits. His undiagnosed illness is distorting his perception, threatening to undermine his career, his relationships and everything else in his life. The team soon finds out that he hasn t sold anything lately and is on three separate drug trials to pay the bills. House must unlock the puzzle of which drugs are causing which symptoms before it s too late. Meanwhile, House continues to have private investigator Lucas Douglas dig up dirt on everyone on his team, including Taub who is having trouble in his marriage.[/quote]
Old 09-30-08, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
D'oh, spoiler screwed up!
Old 09-30-08, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ended it with quote tags oops. All well its just a synopsis so really does it need to be spoilered
Old 09-30-08, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Solid episode tonight. Enjoyed it much better than last week. Still complaining about a lack of Cameron and Chase (I know he had one scene, but it's not enough). I liked the character development with Taub, the P.I. & Cuddy. And even House at the end. Foreman had enough screen time, could have used more. Kutner was virtually absent though.

Loved the end scene with them playing together too. I'd give this episode a B+. Not sure about the medical stuff, it seemed a bit shaky at times.
Old 09-30-08, 09:49 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I miss Wilson. I think the show has lost a lot of humor without the House and Wilson scenes. They've tried to replace it with House and the P.I., but have been unsuccessful so far.
Old 09-30-08, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I look forward to Wilson being back next episode (two weeks). According to the promo, he'll get a lot of screen time.
Old 10-01-08, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I like the PI. He is a decent replacement wilson, but I want wilson back (I think he is more important than cam/chase, imho
Old 10-01-08, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1.What was the deal with Taub and his wife? He found out about the account, found out why she was doing it, and was still unhappy at the end. I didn't really follow. Was it because he saw some of their relationship in the artist's relationship with his gf?

2.Why no new ep next week?
Old 10-01-08, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Quake1028
2.Why no new ep next week?
Not sure. Titan TV claims House is new at 8, followed by Presidential debate (for Eastern timezone). But if debate is live in other timezones, they will probably decide not to waste the episode. I suspect it is in error and will change.
Old 10-01-08, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

What was the deal with Taub and his wife? He found out about the account, found out why she was doing it, and was still unhappy at the end. I didn't really follow. Was it because he saw some of their relationship in the artist's relationship with his gf?
Last season (not sure if it was discussed this season) Taub revealed that he had cheated on his wife. At the end of the episode he felt bad that his wife was so good to him, he felt the need that it was finally time to confess to her.
Old 10-01-08, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I like the addition of the PI. I do agree the show misses Wilson, though.
Old 10-01-08, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by firteen88
Last season (not sure if it was discussed this season) Taub revealed that he had cheated on his wife. At the end of the episode he felt bad that his wife was so good to him, he felt the need that it was finally time to confess to her.
Ahhh thanks. It all makes SO much more sense now.
Old 10-01-08, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority not liking the PI. Especially if he hooks up with Cuddy. I don't think he adds anything. Why would House treat him so much nicer than he treated Wilson?
Old 10-01-08, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Because the PI fights back, has a spine (creepy as it is), and plays the game of leverage well enough for House to appreciate his "skills".
Old 10-01-08, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
Because the PI fights back, has a spine (creepy as it is), and plays the game of leverage well enough for House to appreciate his "skills".
And House can jam out with him.
Old 10-01-08, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't like last night's episode. House just didn't seem.. like House. I dunno, maybe cause it focused too much on Taub.

The preview for the next ep makes it look like a classic Wilson/House ep.. which I would love. Still not digging the PI a whole lot.

Last edited by My Other Self; 10-01-08 at 12:49 PM.