TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville -- "Plastique" -- 09/25/08

Old 09-25-08, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 205 Likes on 155 Posts
Smallville -- "Plastique" -- 09/25/08

"Plastique"
Spoiler:
It s Clark s first day at the Daily Planet with Lois, and the pair are immediately thrown together on a story when a bus explodes outside the office. Clark rescues Bette, a young girl who bonds with Chloe over their shared meteor abilities, but Bette is hiding a big secret. Paramedic Davis Bloom arrives in Metropolis and is drawn to Chloe.

Originally Aired: September 25, 2008
Old 09-25-08, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
A little quiet here tonight.

I enjoyed the episode.
Old 09-25-08, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 190 Likes on 134 Posts
I just started watching (Damn Thursdays!) but Doomsday is a paramedic now? It was a lot funnier when he was a bartender.

Oh man, next week is Green Arrow Year One? Im there!

Last edited by stingermck; 09-25-08 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-25-08, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I watched tonight. I really enjoyed it.
Old 09-26-08, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am really enjoying Smallville with the new show runners. It's a cut above anything from the last two seasons.
Old 09-26-08, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Agreed. I thought this season was going to be horrible, but so far they have been really good.
Old 09-26-08, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Another satisfied viewer here - two episodes in, and it's been lots of fun.
Old 09-26-08, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

How sad would it be if this turned out to be the best, but final season. Ends on a high note, but all that wasted time and potential.
Old 09-26-08, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

While it was a meteor freak of the week episode, at least they are eluding to a longer prospective in Mercer's corraling of them, so a quasi-standalone episode. Are there still phone booths anywhere anymore? Too funny when Lois shoves Clark into one. Chloe's been acting really weird, must be something about running the Isis foundation. Looks like Davis likes to sleep on the streets.
Old 09-26-08, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

color me shocked. The second episode of the season is usually a stinker, but I really enjoyed this episode. Sure, they made Plastique a meteor freak (prospectively... she lied about her friend HAVING powers, she may have just been shining Clark on about HOW those powers came about, to tell him what he wanted to hear and cast the blame away from her), and it's a bit ridiculous to have Chloe say, "listen... you shouldn't be on the streets... why don't you come to my place... IN A RURAL ASS TOWN HOURS FROM HERE (If they are going to move Clark to the Planet, they should really move Chloe out of the Talon... she's the only one still tying the place to Smallville), but there was much to admire.

Seeing Clark learning his reporting ropes from Lois was nice (as is Lois' new look. For the first time she really LOOKS like Lois to me). My buddy and I laughed out loud when he showed up to work in jeans and a flannel shirt. He hasn't worn anything but a blue tee with a red jacket in two years, and he waits for his first day as a professional reporter at one of the nation's largest and most-read daily's to bring back the hayseed lumberjack look?!

Seeing him in the "mild-mannered-reporter" (albeit it ruddy and football-player-ish) clothes was really cool (although he cleaned up really quickly and effectively for that meeting considering how dirty he got saving people). It would be better if he adjusted his posture, but since this season's theme is all about discovering how to live with a dual identity, they have plenty of time to get into that. Still, the no glasses thing is inexcusable. He should have been wearing them for at least a couple of years by now (My guess is, CW doesn't want their hunky star looking like a "nerd" in his down time). How are they going to explain Lois not realizing his is Superman? It makes her dumb in the comics; in this show she'd have to be retarded.

Still not sure about Doomsday. I'll let it play out, but it's a tough character to fit into the "No flights, No Tights" show.

I don't HATE Mercer... color me shocked yet again.

And speaking of which - what's her "team?" She putting together the Suicide Squad? Legion of Doom? Secret Society? Either way - has potential.

Spoiler:
As for the previews for next week:

Originally Posted by stingermck View Post
Green Arrow's orgin?! Hell yeah! He's a little old for when the boat first shipwrecks, and I'm not sure what Mercer is doing on the island, if I saw that correctly, but still... count me IN!

-Doc

Last edited by Doc MacGyver; 09-26-08 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-26-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
How sad would it be if this turned out to be the best, but final season. Ends on a high note, but all that wasted time and potential.
Considering that we'll be getting a much needed break from the Lex-Lana-Clark story, this will in fact be the best season.
Old 09-26-08, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 249 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver View Post
Still, the no glasses thing is inexcusable. He should have been wearing them for at least a couple of years by now (My guess is, CW doesn't want their hunky star looking like a "nerd" in his down time). How are they going to explain Lois not realizing his is Superman? It makes her dumb in the comics; in this show she'd have to be retarded.
I figured out how CW is gonna do it! They're gonna have Superman wear glasses!

Okay, I agree with the comments above about this episode. I expected a stinker, too and was pleasantly surprised. Will be nice if it keeps up!
Old 09-26-08, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Season 8 poster is pretty sweet:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/season8poster.htm
Old 09-26-08, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: Rainy ass Seattle yes the weather sucks here, so do our sports teams.
Very solid episode.
While I absolutely love Lex, his "replacement" is awesome!
So far so good.
Old 09-26-08, 03:12 PM

I just started watching (Damn Thursdays!) but Doomsday is a paramedic now? It was a lot funnier when he was a bartender.

that was Doomsday!? WTF?
Old 09-26-08, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 98 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by celmendo View Post
that was Doomsday!? WTF?
Seriously, I didn't know either. Spoiler-posters suck.
Old 09-26-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Awww come on, there was a huge thread about this a while back, and lots of sites covering it when the news broke. The producers of the show talked about it, etc etc

"In season eight, Clark will face his ultimate challenge with the appearance of the legendary, unstoppable destroyer Doomsday, who appears on "Smallville" for the first time"

Oh well, my fault for spoiling, but I thought most people knew. He is also the Secret Apprentice in Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Old 09-26-08, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 98 Likes on 65 Posts
Awww come on, there was a huge thread about this a while back, and lots of sites covering it when the news broke. The producers of the show talked about it, etc etc

"In season eight, Clark will face his ultimate challenge with the appearance of the legendary, unstoppable destroyer Doomsday, who appears on "Smallville" for the first time"

Oh well, my fault for spoiling, but I thought most people knew. He is also the Secret Apprentice in Star Wars: Force Unleashed
"Lots of sites"? I don't visit fanboy gossiip sites even if I like to discuss a show here after it airs.

Silly me, I watch the show and like to learn about things then.

And even if I had seen this:

How the fuck would I know it was the paramedic? Taking the episode at face value, I thought he was there as a love triangle for Chloe.

So yeah--you spoiled it, hotshot.
Old 09-27-08, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GuessWho View Post

So yeah--you spoiled it, hotshot.
OK, I am sorry. Even on the official Smallville site, Davis Bloome's character bio says he will turn into Doomsday, so I thought it was out there. So again, I'm sorry, and moving along.
Old 09-27-08, 12:03 PM
ATX

did ole girl nuke Davis or is he a meteor freak or was that someone/thing else at the end there???
Old 09-27-08, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Very solid episode even though it was another meteor freak of the week.

I'm loving Clark and Lois' interactions. It's about damn time Clark gets out of the red and blue farm boy clothes.

So far I'm liking Cassidy Freeman as the new villain.

Sam Witwer's casting as Doomsday was actually announced back in June and they made no allusions of keeping his identity a secret. And no this wasn't announced on some spoiler fan site.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...News/800041913
Old 09-27-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But not everyone reads TV Guide's website because of the "announcements" and spoilers.
Old 09-27-08, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,651 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
But not everyone reads TV Guide's website because of the "announcements" and spoilers.
Yeah I know, all I'm saying is that the information was out there and was being reported on a credible web site like that.
Old 09-27-08, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Granted, there are upcoming episodes (I think #10 or #11) that I'm very interested in seeing, I'm not going out of my way to blab about the content *here* because I'm just trying to respect the spoiler-free zone of unaired content. Of course, Davis shows up and the writers already accelerated his status in his first appearance in the final scene of this week's episode, so I sort of expected people to go down the speculation lane after what's been released to entertainment websites, but people probably should use spoiler-text just to be kind to their fellow Smallville viewers who aren't all that interested in digging up info on upcoming episode content.
Old 09-27-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 249 Likes on 148 Posts
Originally Posted by Patman View Post
but people probably should use spoiler-text just to be kind to their fellow Smallville viewers who aren't all that interested in digging up info on upcoming episode content.
Yes, please.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.