DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Boston Legal -- Season 5 Premiere -- "Smoke Signals" -- 9/22/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/540169-boston-legal-season-5-premiere-smoke-signals-9-22-08-a.html)

DJariya 09-22-08 02:13 AM

Boston Legal -- Season 5 Premiere -- "Smoke Signals" -- 9/22/08

The last season officially begins. There is only 13 episodes this season.

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

In the premiere for the fifth and final season, Alan answers a call for help from Bethany Horowitz in a suit against a tobacco giant, but he suffers a crisis of confidence when the opposing counsel (Ally Walker) turns out to be an old girlfriend. Meanwhile, Denny is plagued by a case of performance anxiety.

From what I read, the following will not be back this season:

Gary Anthony Williams
Taraji Henson
Saffron Burrows

Rogue588 09-22-08 02:17 AM

Wait...this is on tonight too??!?!?!

Jeezus...:mad:

DJariya 09-22-08 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Rogue588 (Post 8954270)
Wait...this is on tonight too??!?!?!

Jeezus...:mad:

Yeah, No kidding!

Axeramm 09-22-08 04:28 AM

Monday is a rough night for my tv viewing. At least The Closer has finished its summer run. The networks need to put all the shows online a day or two after they air even if i have to sit through the commercials.

GoVegan 09-22-08 07:07 AM

I'm having a little bit of trouble believing that plot synopsis. I'm fairly certain I've seen that episode 30-40 times before. I enjoy the show, but yikes!

Red Dog 09-22-08 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 8954266)

From what I read, the following will not be back this season:

Gary Anthony Williams
Taraji Henson
Saffron Burrows

Shows how much of a superflous character that must have been - I have no idea who Taraji Henson is. :lol:

Quack 09-22-08 09:03 AM

Glad I stumbled on this, I wouldn't have known at all....looking forward to the final season, and glad I haven't bought any of the DVD's yet....hoping for a complete series set down the road :P

Boba Fett 09-22-08 02:00 PM

Thank goodness they finally got rid of Clarence.

TheKing 09-23-08 05:51 AM

When did this show become Eli Stone?

That musical number seemed way out of place here. Other than that, it was alright.

Nice to see KITT back on TV...I do hope the new Knight Rider has an appearance of the original KITT and Daniels doing the voice.

Patman 09-23-08 07:21 AM

This season appears to be David E. Kelley doing his damnedest to go out in a blaze of glory with all of his hot button issues for this final 13-episode season of Boston Legal. First up was big tobacco.

Quack 09-23-08 12:41 PM

Great episode on the tobacco industry....Alan's ex was on the short lived, HBO's Tell Me You Love Me...so she was nice to look at. :P

Patman 09-23-08 01:36 PM

The ladies from "Tell Me You Love Me" had a rough night, if you were to also watch "The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Terminator", you'd see Sonya Walger in last night's episode.

Red Dog 09-23-08 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 8956719)
This season appears to be David E. Kelley doing his damnedest to go out in a blaze of glory with all of his hot button issues for this final 13-episode season of Boston Legal. First up was big tobacco.

Yep. I have that feeling too.

Yawner of a case, and that was the only case, so boring episode. Gee didn't see that judgment coming. And that musical number? Yikes.

I did like Denny's ring tones though.

mdc3000 09-24-08 08:28 AM

The opening was hilarious... Denny in the hottub was classic! The rest of the episode was just OK.

Chew 09-24-08 08:56 AM

The overall "tone" of the episode just felt off for me, it was a lot different than your standard BL episode.

Pretty weird to only see 6 names in the opening credits too.

DJariya 09-25-08 04:58 AM

The musical number was really weird. However, I enjoyed the episode overall. I'm glad they trimmed the fat and got rid of some useless characters like Clarence and even Lorraine, even though she was nice to look at. This show had way too many regular characters with not enough things for them to do in the past.

The opening scene with Alan and Denny at the party was pretty damn funny.

It was nice to see Ally Walker on TV again, but damn she looks like she's aged quite a bit since she left Profiler.

mdc3000 09-25-08 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 8961697)
The musical number was really weird.

David E. must have watched some ELI STONE over the writer's strike or something.

Rogue588 09-26-08 04:13 AM

I'll miss this show when it's gone.

Septemberbaby 09-26-08 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by TheKing (Post 8956659)
When did this show become Eli Stone?

That musical number seemed way out of place here. Other than that, it was alright.

Yeah... but... didn't DEK do it first with Ally McBeal? :)

xfusejc 09-26-08 07:50 PM

^ That was my first thought when it happened. I said "he's going back to basics".

Quack 09-26-08 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588 (Post 8964151)
I'll miss this show when it's gone.

Likewise.....I wonder if they'll reference real life, or that the show is ending, that's one of my favorite things that they do.