DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- "The Mousetrap" -- 9/22/08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/540160-terminator-sarah-connor-chronicles-mousetrap-9-22-08-a.html)

Doc MacGyver 09-25-08 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by 45shooter (Post 8961209)
Actually, it won't kill you because an M79 grenade has to fly at least 10 meters before the fuse arms - so room clearing with it would essentially be like throwing really fast hardballs at a terminator.

Ha, bad-ass, newb! Welcome!

-Doc

CKMorpheus 09-25-08 12:48 PM

Actually, it won't kill you because an M79 grenade has to fly at least 10 meters before the fuse arms - so room clearing with it would essentially be like throwing really fast hardballs at a terminator.

You'll fit in here just nicely! :thumbsup:

coli 09-26-08 07:23 AM

I have to say that this show is kinda losing me, as I still feel they should have focused on the war, as it seems the flashback episodes into the future are the best. The one with Derek last season, and the one next week, which looks pretty good, are the most entertaining to me. I just dont want to see the present day, or before Skynet engages because it is getting old as every show the terminator is looking for John Connor.

Ayre 09-26-08 07:32 AM

Let's face it, anything other than the current format would most likely blow the show's budget. I don't expect much and the show has consistently met my expectations -wink-

Giantrobo 09-26-08 07:34 AM

Yeah, it's a decent show.

However, I do think the problem is they're trying to do "Dawson's Creek meets The Terminator" and folks aren't liking whiny emo John Connor and all his teen angst.

coli 09-26-08 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Giantrobo (Post 8964240)
Yeah, it's a decent show.

However, I do think the problem is they're trying to do "Dawson's Creek meets The Terminator" and folks aren't liking whiny emo John Connor and all his teen angst.

I thought the John Connor actor was OK last year, but he is starting to turn into Anakin Skywalker(Hayden Christensen) in the Star Wars Prequels. Just a moody teenage kid who isn't that great of an actor. I get the angle they are portraying that he wants to be normal and enjoy the things we all did as teenagers, but it is just annoying now.

I will say suprisingly my favorite character is Derek. Who would have thought a 90210 alum would be a good fit for The Terminator Show?:)

Doc MacGyver 09-26-08 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by coli (Post 8964457)
I will say suprisingly my favorite character is Derek. Who would have thought a 90210 alum would be a good fight for The Terminator Show?:)

Dude, I totally agree with you. If two years ago you told me that the phrase, "Dude, Brian Austin Greene is a badass..." would ever be said by me to anyone with ears, let alone a roommate who could potentially lord it over me for life, I would have looked at you like I smelled something bad and then laughed heartily for a good twenty minutes.

But he's totally holding his own. The scene from last season's finale where he took John to see himself and Kyle as children took me totally by surprise and became one of my favorite scripted television moments of last season.

He's ALMOST (not quite) but ALMOST made me stop hating him for having his name tattooed on Megan Fox's cooch ;)

-Doc

GoldenJCJ 09-26-08 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Doc MacGyver (Post 8964546)
He's ALMOST (not quite) but ALMOST made me stop hating him for having his name tattooed on Megan Fox's cooch ;)

What? I guess the only thing that would make Megan Fox MORE if a skank is having "B.A.G." tattooed on or near her snatch.

riley_dude 09-26-08 03:43 PM

I was reading somewhere that if ratings don't improve they won't order any more than the 13 episodes.

DJariya 09-26-08 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude (Post 8965528)
I was reading somewhere that if ratings don't improve they won't order any more than the 13 episodes.

Yeah Thomas Dekker made that statement in Entertainment Weekly.

I think everyone kind of figured that out after seeing the ratings for the 1st 3 episodes.

Rockmjd23 09-26-08 07:06 PM

Once again the Shirley Manson scenes stick out like a sore thumb. She can't act and she's ugly and her morphing scenes will only look ridiculous the more they use them.

Joe Schmoe 09-28-08 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23 (Post 8965882)
Once again the Shirley Manson scenes stick out like a sore thumb. She can't act and she's ugly and her morphing scenes will only look ridiculous the more they use them.

I agree she's butt-ugly. I often wonder why/how she got the part. I'm not sure it matters that she can't act, though, because she's playing a robot. The Governator can't act worth shit, but he got away with playing a robot 3 times.

CaptainMarvel 09-28-08 08:09 PM

Am I the only one who thought Dean Winters' wife looked a helluva lot like Linda Hamilton circa Terminator 1? Especially in the opening desert scenes, she looked like Sarah Connor at the end of T1 in the desert.

RoboDad 09-29-08 12:50 AM

No, you are definitely not the only one. My wife and I both thought the same thing, and commented on it at the same moment.

I've been wondering how she might have done as Sarah. I'm thinking she might have pulled it off.

Barings 09-29-08 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by celmendo (Post 8958870)
And stop making John so damn stupid. Yeah, he's a frustrated teen but the constant threat to your life and everyone around you and you still can't get it through your head to stop taking stupid risks? He's still at the maturity level he was at the beginning of T2.

This honestly doesn't bother me since I could it see how staying in the house constantly would make John claustrophobic. Besides, he needs to get out so Cromartie track him and the plot move forward.

I just wish the writers would have Sarah stop constantly refer to John as humanity's savior :rolleyes: since I infer it as the Messiah and inflating her own sense of self-worth for giving birth to him. Didn't T3 imply if one of John's comrades-in-arms die another individual would rise up to take their place? You would think it would be the same if John died? Let's test it out in the series!

Shirley Manson doesn't bother me other than that weird urinal scene two weeks ago. I'm indifferent to her character until we find out what her real endgame is and I don't think she's hideous like some posters here.

What I'm really unsure about is how I feel about Sarah - she was pretty coldhearted in the scene where she said she thought it would be easier because Michelle was dead and then riding roughshod in the van as Michelle was bleeding out.

Mercury&Solace 09-29-08 02:48 PM

Solid episode, I liked it.
And Summer Glau still gives me the hawt :drool:

arminius 10-01-08 09:30 AM

Just watched this episode. You are right about the 40mm grenade round but in Vietnam they had buckshot rounds also. I knew a guy in the 25th ID and he said on foot the point guy usually carried an M79 with the buckshot round.

As for the show, it was OK. But Sarah needs to calm down and get cold.

xx2000xx 10-01-08 10:14 AM

With ratings far below even the network's worst predictions, Fox could pull the plug on production for "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" as early as this week.

The network has been disappointed by "Sarah Connor's" numbers so far this season, and some executives feel that the show is dragging down numbers for "Prison Break," which airs as a lead-out.

"Audiences just aren't responding to the show," a Fox source tells SyFy Portal. "Our biggest surprise are the 18-to-49s [a key advertising demographic], those numbers are in the toilet."
So what will happen?

"All I can say is that production will likely stop, and I would think that Fox might try to air some of the episodes already in the can," the source said. "But I don't know. They don't want to lose 'Prison Break,' so there could be some schedule shuffling in the future."

http://www.syfyportal.com/news425418.html

Brian Shannon 10-02-08 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by xx2000xx (Post 8975870)
"Audiences just aren't responding to the show," a Fox source tells SyFy Portal. "Our biggest surprise are the 18-to-49s [a key advertising demographic], those numbers are in the toilet."
So what will happen?"

I am a little behind in my dvr watching but this show is pathetic. I really don't know where to begin with my criticism.

I do know that if they pull the plug, I wont miss it at all.

Does FOX watch the show they produce? If they did they might understand why their audience is not "responding".

JuryDuty 10-02-08 09:57 AM

Sad to hear that as I'm really enjoying this show. That said, I don't know a lot of friends who would like it unless they were into the Terminator movies. But I hope it gets to play out a bit more. :(

Doc MacGyver 10-02-08 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by xx2000xx (Post 8975870)
With ratings far below even the network's worst predictions, Fox could pull the plug on production for "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" as early as this week.

The network has been disappointed by "Sarah Connor's" numbers so far this season, and some executives feel that the show is dragging down numbers for "Prison Break," which airs as a lead-out.

So what will happen?

"All I can say is that production will likely stop, and I would think that Fox might try to air some of the episodes already in the can," the source said. "But I don't know. They don't want to lose 'Prison Break,' so there could be some schedule shuffling in the future."

Are you kidding me? SCC is mindless entertainment - a guilty pleasure, to be sure, but it's fucking Hamlet compared to the festering 3-day-old abortion that Prison Break has become...

-Doc