Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Supernatural -- S4 Premiere -- "Lazarus Rising" -- 09/18/08

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-08, 01:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Geddlo
Great episode. I just got into this series last season.

I found it odd though that Dean believes in demons and had actually been to hell but had such a hard time believing in angels, heaven, and even god.

Did I miss something?
Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Considering that he's been a Hunter for the majority of his life with absolutely ZERO help from the "other side", I could see how Dean would have a hard time believing that God even exists.
They did an "Angel" episode in S2 and Dean was skeptic from the beginning. His reasoning was that if there is good in the world then why didn't they save his mom? As Castiel said, he doesn't have faith.
Old 09-21-08, 05:49 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Supernatural is the most consistently excellent and improving show out of all the serial dramas. Last season was excellent, better than season 2 and this season has started off great.
Old 09-21-08, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Finally got to watch this episode and holy shit it was awesome!! . I find it funny though that Sam who was always the good one, is with a demon while Dean is with an angel.
Old 09-21-08, 11:59 PM

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Original Desmond
Supernatural is the most consistently excellent and improving show out of all the serial dramas. Last season was excellent, better than season 2 and this season has started off great.
I agree! It is the only show on TV that I will go out of my way to watch.

I'm glad they are finally bringing in the "other" side.
Old 09-22-08, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another one that agrees that this show has gotten better and better.
Old 09-22-08, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow. That's almost all I can say! This show just keeps on getting better and better with each passing season. The season 3 finale was fantastic and this season 4 opener was just incredible! The whole concept of Dean being recruited to do Gods work is brilliant, and the episode being titled Lazarus Rising is just awesome, I didn't even pay any mind to that really. This season looks to be like a hell of a ride!!!
Old 09-23-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
I was so impressed with this episode. Everything was fucking awesome. Can't wait to see what's in store for the boys. Glad Ruby is back, and glad Bela is gone. Bobby was great, as usual. The angel thing is wicked, and I hope it doesn't turn out to be something else. It'd be cool to see some sort of holy war, like angels vs. demons at the end of the season.
Old 09-23-08, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by innocentfreak
Ok I am confused. My local CW aired these in tv format but weren't the past seasons in widescreen?
I was in Charleston SC, and their affiliate had the same problem. It was letterboxed but in 4:3 so my HD reception was too TEENY with black bars on all four sides! I ended up waiting to watch it on my TiVo HD when I got home.
Originally Posted by DJariya
No, previous seasons were in Pan & Scan.
What did that accomplish? Really? It has always been letterboxed on my affilliate.

Great episode! I was watching with a friend, and we were like "Now THAT is a whole new direction to follow."
Old 09-23-08, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I miss the old Ruby.